**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can’t stop won’t stop Map 7 counter?

So is there a legit counter to this “can’t stop won’t stop” node in map 7? I’ve tried searching all over and even on YouTube I’m only finding videos of people dying multiple times just to get passed one of the fights.

Comments

• Dob1616Dob1616 Posts: 168
    I’ve watched videos of them getting man handled and taking multiple attempts to get thru. Not seeing those as counters to this node but more so a way to kind of muscle thru with a lot of item usage.
  • Mellie_MelMellie_Mel Posts: 74
    In my BG Capt. Marvel Movie is used. In BG2 one guy uses Symb Sup and Thing. The other guy just uses Corvus for the whole path. @Dob1616
    Yeah the CMM option intrigued me but a r5 doesn’t take em down in one spl 2 so I doubt my r4 would do the trick. Guess I’ll just stick to Thing and maybe try Man-Thing with his heavy attk. This path really needs to be revisited and see if there’s a way to tone it down a bit.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Dob1616 said:

Yeah the CMM option intrigued me but a r5 doesn’t take em down in one spl 2 so I doubt my r4 would do the trick. Guess I’ll just stick to Thing and maybe try Man-Thing with his heavy attk. This path really needs to be revisited and see if there’s a way to tone it down a bit.

It's already been adjusted twice. This is the toned down version just not the very toned down version that it was after the initial change
  • Mellie_MelMellie_Mel Posts: 74
    The funny thing is....they did tone it down already. The first day it was out, people couldn't get passed the first fight. It was absurd!
    Wow! That’s sad
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I forget what the damage reduction is now as I don't run that path anymore in the alliance I'm in now but orginally it was a 90% reduction IIRC, then it was reduced to 50%, and now I think it's around 70% I want to say
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    I take csws in both sections. I bring vtd, corvus and ss. All rank 5.

Ss takes the champion and cmm in section 1. Vtd takes the rest and corvus helps with bosses/mini bosses. Typically I only time out on she hulk because of the power gain. Since I can build vtd however I want he can get enough damage in to finish the fights without timing out. If I had Morningstar at r5 I’d try her although gaining souls would be hard first couple of fights. But with a unstoppable buff from sp1 with 2 souls and life steal later on would make her ideal for map 7.

Edit: this iteration is itemless for me
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    @Jaded So when you are using SS for those fights, are you using sp3 and bleeding them? What's the rotation you are using? I'm on this path and I have a SS but I've taken in Thing every time and it's time out after time out, pot drain. Are DOT effects not effected by the 70% reduced damage?
    edited October 2019
    Gregdagr8 said:

@Jaded So when you are using SS for those fights, are you using sp3 and bleeding them? What's the rotation you are using? I'm on this path and I have a SS but I've taken in Thing every time and it's time out after time out, pot drain. Are DOT effects not effected by the 70% reduced damage?

Sp3 to sp2. Rinse and repeat. Honestly can’t say I’ve looked at the damage that his bleeds do. But I’m sure they are effected by the 70% reduced as well. But his nullify buff damage isn’t reduced. I think it has a lot to do with sheer aggressive fighting. I’ve had the odd time out on day 4 with the champion fight, then day 5 I’ll not time out and be more aggressive. While I’m not sure why they had to increase the damage reduction from 50% to 70%. When it was 50% the fights were really easy and straightforward. 70% might be too much, but our ally does finish in the top 20-30 in rankings. So it’s possible to power through these fights and still be a viable method.

Personally if have to time out I’d rather be using regen champs. Save me pots/revives. But my team is spot on for my level acceptance to this path. It’s not perfect, but taking in consideration of the amount of fights I’d rather have a champ that has that extra level of survivability.

Not to mention my lane partner that has to take physical resistance korg x2. And I need as many fights as possible for vtd buff bank building. I kind of hop on extra fights in the 1st section (sentinel/rhino). I also aim for that wasp mini boss for corvus charges. My 3rd section lane is the starburst. Vtd + toxic armor destroys wm and Howard the duck. So overall vtd is my go to champ with this iteration.
    Thx @Jaded that’s very insightful. That seems to b something I can work with.
    Dob1616 said:

Thx @Jaded that’s very insightful. That seems to b something I can work with.

I’m sitting at thanos right now. SS is only that low because I took that groot still linked from moon knight.

But yeah if you have any questions or if you want to see some day 3 fights just add me on line @ jadedfusion84. I’ll send some videos directly to you if you want to see.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Yeah that was VERY informative, thank you.
    Thx again. I will take u up on that video request. Just to see exactly how u’re doing it b4 I try it. Thx
  • TheJalliTheJalli Posts: 11
    I've been running that path since inception with an r5 Morningstar. I bring Guilly to start with two souls. Occasionally I'll get a timeout on Shulk because she's so passive, but otherwise MS is a great matchup for all of the fights and many of the section 3 lanes as well. Make sure you build up to 5 souls along the way to increase SP1 direct damage and to heal. When using SP1 she goes unstoppable at the end, to maximize damage throw your SP1 just before she reaches 2 bars, preferably when your heavy power gain still going so your next attack can be another SP1.
    TheJalli said:

I've been running that path since inception with an r5 Morningstar. I bring Guilly to start with two souls. Occasionally I'll get a timeout on Shulk because she's so passive, but otherwise MS is a great matchup for all of the fights and many of the section 3 lanes as well. Make sure you build up to 5 souls along the way to increase SP1 direct damage and to heal. When using SP1 she goes unstoppable at the end, to maximize damage throw your SP1 just before she reaches 2 bars, preferably when your heavy power gain still going so your next attack can be another SP1.

That sounds great. Exactly what I figured would happen with ms. I also totally agree with she hulk. So darn passive and that power gain 🤮