**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Calling All Taskmasters: a PSA

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
edited October 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Taskmaster’s Unique Attacks are not reducing ability accuracy. This means at most he can only reduce defensive ability accuracy by 65% which requires 5 concussions at sig level 200 and only lasts for 15 seconds. In other words, Taskmaster is busted. Here’s a video that explores and explains this Taskmaster bug. Please comment below with your thoughts on the matter; we need to spread the word if we want this fixed.

https://youtu.be/F9aRppOw3fA

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Taskmaster’s Unique Attacks are not reducing ability accuracy. This means at most he can only reduce defensive ability accuracy by 65% which requires 5 concussions at sig level 200 and only lasts for 15 seconds. In other words, Taskmaster is busted. Here’s a video that explores and explains this Taskmaster bug. Please comment below with your thoughts on the matter; we need to spread the word if we want this fixed.

https://youtu.be/F9aRppOw3fA

So I want to preface what I am about to say with, wht I am about to say in no way means that I am saying that taskmaster is or is not broken.

that being said there is one major flaw with the video, it ignores how statistics works. It is entirely possible to have 60% dAAR and it never trigger. Each time it happens it becomes more and more likely that it will trigger, but it may not. You may roll that 40% each time. it is statistically unlikely to be the case, but is possible.

it should still be looked at though.

dude... This is just the best of many fights I had with Rhino and in not one of them did Taskmaster bypass Safeguard. His unique attacks are broken brother. Don’t appreciate the doubt you’re casting on it.

Also you’re literally the first response in here; you don’t have to quote the OP.

I never stated that he was not broken, they more than likely are AS I STATED, the evidence that he IS though is statistically lacking form the video, you probably have more as you claim, I believe that, but it does not really help with what we have to go on.

Also please dont tag me like that, as it means every time someone replies to you it will send me a message.

Okay I’ll play your probability games... Every critical hit should deal more than 1329 damage unless capped by safeguard, and we know there were a total of 40 critical strikes after landing 5 unique attacks. Let’s do the math real quick...

O.5^40 = 0.000000000000909% chance of never breaking through safeguard. Yeah let’s pretend that happened...

I never stated it happened, I stated it could haev happened. I stated that it was very unlikely however. I call into question your use of absolute statements for something that cannot be proven absolutely. I dont call into question that he is likely bugged.

Always sucks to get trolled on the first response. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t.

you call someone questioning your methodology, not the possible conclusion, getting trolled, interesting
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    I have to admit, I came on here thinking maybe you missed something. Sometimes some interactions are missed or not fully understood and there’s usually a reason things happen. But in this case I agree with you 100%. He didn’t have force of will, he doesn’t have any ability that would prevent ability accuracy reduction, you were never knocked down by a special. This seems like a bug and you should’ve posted it in the bugs section to try and get some traction. This has made me look a little closer at Taskmaster and made me think if this actually worked and he has a decently high sig, he could actually be a pretty good champ.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Ive always found Taskmaster a good champ when awakened, but difficult to master. Many ppl have said he has been broken for a long time. I know Symbiote Supreme has been bugged for over year and still isnt fixed. I wish kabam would spend some time fixing all the bugs and broken champs instead of rushing out 3 champs a month and things like that. Thanks for the vid proving he isnt working right. Hopefully it does some good!
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    I'm backing this thread. Taskmaster is one of my favorite Champs to play and this is a MASSIVE issue that really gimps the character. Can you please address this... or at least acknowledge it first?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Thanks for passing this on
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

Hey there, we've passed this along to the rest of the team to look at.

Thank you so much
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Is there any responses to this issue?

Device: iPhone XR
    Operating System: iOS 13.2
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Version: 24.3.1
    Game Modes: Story, Event Quest, Alliance War; presumably all game modes.
    Champions Affected: Taskmaster.
    Active Boosts: None.
    Description of the issue: Taskmaster’s Unique Attacks are not reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy, even though his description states he’s supposed to reduce it by 10% with each unique attack he performs. This makes the character much worse overall as it stops him from achieving 100% Ability Accuracy Reduction. It also ruins his play style as he no longer has a reason to keep track of the unique attacks he has made.

@Kabam Vydious

The December patch notes didn’t mention Anything about Taskmaster so that’s concerning... Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll silently fix it?

yeah where is taskmaster fix
  • The team is still working on this and the fix for this issue should be able to be implemented in the next big update.

@Kabam Zibiit unfortunately it’s still broken. I just did like 6 fights with Safeguard Rhino and Taskmaster still can’t break through it.

I’m currently using version 25.2.0 on an IPhone XR.

Please fix.

yeah
  • TacpdtTacpdt Posts: 2
    Armor break also isn't activating when using special 2 or 3.
  • TacpdtTacpdt Posts: 2
    Yep, you're right. My apologies.