**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    This morning, using a 5* unduped CV vs. RoL WS. Placed incinerate and hitting into his block for some extra damage and WS launches Sp1 after my first medium hit. Where is the transparency and communication on this issue?
  • LegionnaireLegionnaire Posts: 47
    Variant 2, Venom vs Symbiote spiderman...sits there with one bar of power, hitting into his block, typically by the second or third block hit he fires his SP1...has happened a few times now.
  • Anakin83Anakin83 Posts: 30
    SteelMan said:

Kabam, check my post for possible fix for this bug.
    this bug has higher chance to occur in Varient 3

Obviously, you build sentinel charges on blocks.. kabam does not have interest in giving you an advantage...

In variant there are happening strange things in AI behaviour..
    like specials or hits that you can't evade because it seems you became a noob.. don't know if AI is so resource intensive for my phone but in variant I'm playing like a noob.
    I just had this happen yet again in AQ Map 5, Blade vs Hood on Masochism path. hitting into Hood's block to push him to sp1 and he fires off the sp1 the second he gets it while I'm mid combo.

For four years this was the way the game worked: You could hit into block to push champ to a special, or create space (Medusa in AW for example), or set up for an intercept (which is a sperate issue, but still related to this one it seems), or as part of the intended play style of certain champs like OR, Yondu, Masacre, etc., or to bait a special.

Kabam, you have stated that this ability the AI has to either throw a special mid combo or hit us with a basic attack mid combo or non evade champs being able to evade out of a combo was always possible. I'm sorry, but it was NEVER possible.

I have played this game daily since the end of 2015. I, along with others here, have postulated that the AI was changed sometime around the Human Torch update. You have stated that the AI hasn't been changed. Well, something has changed, and it's either a bug, or it was intentional on your part. Please stop ghosting this thread and help us out by explaining to us what exactly is going on here. Thanks.
  • RedTide75RedTide75 Posts: 29
    Still happening... just got special to the face.. I was on 3rd hit of combo after parry. Map 5, Hyperion Miniboss.. vs SS
  • BigbadromoBigbadromo Posts: 26
    So why has this taken more than 6 months to fix? @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike

If this was something that benefited the players it would have been fixed within hours. The first post on this was APRIL 3rd!!!
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Still broken. Thing keeps abusing it on us when you have to push him to 15 stacks while he has bar of power.

Hopefully this bug can be fixed by November. Not sure what change allowed the AI to do this
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

Still broken. Thing keeps abusing it on us when you have to push him to 15 stacks while he has bar of power.

Hopefully this bug can be fixed by November. Not sure what change allowed the AI to do this
    Been happening since Annihilus EQ. The change was to get rid of backdraft intercept from block. This is probably a side-effect. Or vice versa
    The thing is that they have stated there was no change. We are all guessing because it's all we can do without any solid communication from the company.
  • KylienteKyliente Posts: 26
    Happened when I fought against Nick Fury. He was able to throw a special in the middle of me hitting into his block.
    Game Mode: Alternate Reality (Epic)
    Fight: Nick Fury (Boss)
    Champ Used: Venom.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    The next Changelog is out, and NO MENTION OF THIS?

How is this not a top priority? We need to wait NINE MONTHS for a fix?
  • Just as a recap for everyone...
    *Previous reply in this Thread, from Sept 3 (1st pic).
    *October version Changelog (Sept 27) mentioned some improvements (evidently still occurring for ppl).
    *And today Porthos gave a status update (in another thread) saying they are continuing to investigate the issue (2nd pic below)...
    So that’s why upcoming November version probably doesn’t mention any additional improvements for this.

(2nd one being from another thread today, referring poster back to this main one)
  • StarNavigatorStarNavigator Posts: 36
    PART2. Same Fight

I have many similar videos, but who cares)
    You simply request data in order to request it. After watching the video of one streamer, you made a decision that suit you at that time. After watching hundreds of videos talking about the consequences of this decision, you continue to conduct an investigation. And what to investigate then? Revert the change that led to this behavior if you cannot make other options?
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    I submitted this via a new different thread cause I had both the block break and then an L2 animation connection issue vs Thing.

This video shows that I was hitting into block and Thing dropped his stance to smack me in this AW fight:

https://youtu.be/BQJYaqu9Rsw

Bug submitted about the Omega L2 animation being interrupted.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/165675/omega-l2-vs-thing-bug
    edited October 2019
    Mathematically, if in the current version of the game there are for example 100 characters, then there can be 10000 variations. It turns out that you need to collect statistics of 10000 fights and make 10000 micro-changes.

We have a long journey ahead of you with joy and wonderful moments.

Butterfly Effect :)
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    This is still a thing - Map 6, OR vs Doc Oc. L1 to the face between 2nd and 3rd hit.
  • AznkerbzAznkerbz Posts: 113
    Using Sentinel fighting Kang in Variant 3 3.2. Trying to build up charges and got a special in the face. Costed me a few revives. Not looking forward to doing it again 3-4 more times.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    It's been happening to me a lot as well.

Most recently was Omega Red vs Thanos in AQ Map 4. Hitting into his block he whacked me with a SP2. Next poor soul, still in the same AQ Map 4, was Sentinel. Hitting into Thanos' block, then blasted by SP1.
  • SnuggSnugg Posts: 1
    I don't know if it's me, but it seems like the CPU parries as if it has auto-block damn near all the time; even champions that don't have the auto-block ability.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I've been away from this thread for a while.. hadn't had it happen in awhile. Happened to me today in a mini fight in war. Lost a bonus. So I went back to grab some footage from Winter soldier. I can't believe this is still going on. It's nuts.
    https://youtu.be/LiJPydIgtGE
This discussion has been closed.