**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Almost 2 years ago...

During the "Road to 1 Million" arena in 2017, there were special 1-2* crystals that contained every playable 1* and excluded only Redpool, Thanos, and Kang (as far as I remember, at least) as 2*s. Those crystals were available for 50 credits each. Last year, updated versions of those crystals were still obtainable - except that they were only from milestones in that arena.

For 2019, would it be possible for us to see the 50 credit version return? I have no doubt that some players will be against the idea, mainly those that feel even 4*s are worthless nowadays. That resistance, however, will surely be overshadowed by the resistance to my next request.

At a drop rate of somewhere around 0.1% each, I'd like to see Thanos, Kang, and Loltron added to that pool - in addition to them containing all other non-Redpool playable characters in 2* form.
Overall drop rates would preferably be somewhere around

DROP RATES

1-Star Champion - 10%
2-Star Champion - 90%

FEATURED CHANCES

2-Star Thanos - 0.1%
2-Star Kang - 0.1%
2-Star Classic Ultron - 0.1%

Thanos and Kang have both seen inclusion in crystals, most notably the Greater Gifting Crystals. Loltron is currently only available as a 5*, and only for 100% exploring LOL. Those three would be collector's items, and nearly make the 50 credit cost much more worth it for those of us with nearly all the available 2*s already.
Redpool is excluded because he is already available as both a 2* and 3* as part of a beginner's $2 offer. If you don't pick him up then, you're out of luck - unless there's another Deadpool event, at which point he will likely be closer to his original prices of $5 for the 2* and $10 for the 3*.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    Whats the point in having exclusive trophy champs if they are no longer exclusive?
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103

Whats the point in having exclusive trophy champs if they are no longer exclusive?

Same as having pulled Kang or 5* Thanos from the GGCs, you got the RNG to pull them. This time, though, they're 2*s. Not game changing, not game breaking, just fun to have. Fun to play in the arenas, and - in this case - another to throw into the 1 Million arena and shoot for an easy & free 5*.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    GUARD1AN said:

Same as having pulled Kang or 5* Thanos from the GGCs, you got the RNG to pull them. This time, though, they're 2*s. Not game changing, not game breaking, just fun to have. Fun to play in the arenas, and - in this case - another to throw into the 1 Million arena and shoot for an easy & free 5*.
    But then they aren't rare trophy champs. They are just normal everyday champs.
  • i think it would be a great idea. they would still be trophy champs, since they are only available in certain rarities
  • Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
    Meh, I am not paying 50 units for a 2 star much less a 1 star... price needs to be lower.
  • i remeber rushing through act 2 to just get 3 of these crystal

Meh, I am not paying 50 units for a 2 star much less a 1 star... price needs to be lower.

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    4* Ultron Prime exists.
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    Aryl said:

4* Ultron Prime exists.

News to me, but I'm not surprised if it was as either a limited-time reward (Legends or Boss Rush-style quest) or a low chance drop from a featured crystal.

i think it would be a great idea. they would still be trophy champs, since they are only available in certain rarities

Exactly. And at a drop rate of 0.1% - or less - for each of them, then you got lucky to pull them once. Even if you spent the requisite 50,000 units to get 1000 chances.

Another example of why they would still be trophy champs. Not everyone will even buy the crystals, let alone have the luck to get the champs.

Another option, though I would seriously decrease the drop rate (<0.001%), would be to have a basic 2* only as another limited quickmatch drop. Whether it's just one or the other, or you have the option to fight for them, buy them, or do both.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

GUARD1AN said:

But then they aren't rare trophy champs. They are just normal everyday champs.
    IDK that a 2* Thanos stops a 5* Thanos from being a trophy champ. 5* Rhino/Cyclops/Ronin made the ROL trophy versions irrelevant but that's different.