**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Plantesan wrote: »
    Q: If Kabam/Netmarble give you the option to "rank up" your champs in their transformer game...why couldn't that be brought over and implemented with the 5* to 6* champs? Max out the 5* and you still need to use resources to bring them up to r1 6*? Go even further and allow for low end * champs to be converted into sig levels for the next rank up (use x amount of resources to convert 1* spidey to 2* sig level, etc)

I'm aware it's a pipe dream, but still worth tossing it into the word stockpile we have going on here.

This would be an interesting addition, it would allow people to utilize their lower star champs. Could be a cool feature but wouldn't make Kabam a bunch of money so it wouldn't fly.

This is where I'd say pull the "want to rank up?" *insert inflated kabam/real currency value to do it*

I'm still (slightly) surprised kabam doesn't roll out smaller deals. Keep the limit to 1 and enough where the small fish will be more tempted to get sucked in that much further.
  • PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    MadMarks wrote: »
    The only reason they are releasing 6 stars, is to accomplish the global nerf they wanted in 12.0 That is also why they haven't allowed the resources for max 5 stars. 5 stars are too powerful, some top notch 5 stars can seriously destroy their content. So enter the 6 star and challenger rating nerf. They can make 6 stars so that you can't do jack for damage against them. that is the real reason, $$$$$

Agree in the main and your final point is one many have been trying to get people to see but they are blinded by the 'getting more 5* and easier' sadly
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    edited August 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Remember i was one of the pioneers of this 6 stars idea. Let me show you.

6 star were always meant to come out. When the game first came out and they had an event for people to check the game out they played with 6 stars. Was even a leaked video where there was a 6 star Thanos fighting a 6 star Thanos. The border for the 6 stars is purple if I remember correctly. This was like a month after beta players were playing. Nice try though.
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Well if Kabam did listen to someone here about 6*. They'll be the reason why so many leave the game and Kabam will lose money so this game will be no more in due time.

The problem with constantly asking the developers of an MMO to listen to the players is they never pick the right players.

That's a joke, by the way. MMO developers do not just suddenly change their development plans because of a forum post. But it is always good to be reminded that "the players" do not all agree with each other on what the best course of action for future development is. In fact, consensus is actually rare. When it seems like you perceive everyone, or even most players agreeing with an idea, it is usually because you don't perceive enough players.

Every change attracts players and costs players. That is always true. Saying a change will cost players therefore only says what is inevitable. Also, not changing something also attracts players and costs players. Sometimes a change very obviously is unpopular with so many players that it cannot be worth the players it might attract. But it is rare that you can know this with any kind of certainty. Often a game designer cannot choose to keep all the players they have, they must decide which ones they will keep and which ones they will deliberately leave behind.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I think if not most than probably almost half of the players feel bored in this game. Changing things can be simple.

Allow 5* to be taken to rank 5. Introduce T5 Basics into the AW and AQ rewards, for certain tiers only.

Refresh the single day and 3-day events maybe add small amount of T4CC crystal shards to the last milestone, or creating another final milestone.

Combine all 3 Catalyst arenas with 800k being the T1 Alpha, 1.1 million for T4 Basic and 2.5 million for half a T4CC Crystal. It can come around every 9 days like always.

Release Bases.

New Map options for the AW and allow us to have a map for only 2*, 3*, 4*, and 5* and an open map where you can have and star value placed. I want to have 2* wars just because it'll be fun to be evenly matched with such otherwise useless champs (useless for me anyways). The rewards can reflect what map you pick.

Everything we get here must be followed a certain way. That's what boring, no option for creativity or variety. No freedom to pick how we do things. The stronger we get the less freedom we have. You must do this or do that in order to help your alliance. What if your leader says, oh what the hell guys let's do 2* wars today. Some might not like that, but so what? If they can't stop treating the game as a second or third job then who wants them? You can't releax and be unpredictible. That's the biggest problem.

Interesting post! Great suggestions too!
    edited August 2017
    I think if not most than probably almost half of the players feel bored in this game. Changing things can be simple.

Allow 5* to be taken to rank 5. Introduce T5 Basics into the AW and AQ rewards, for certain tiers only.

Refresh the single day and 3-day events maybe add small amount of T4CC crystal shards to the last milestone, or creating another final milestone.

Combine all 3 Catalyst arenas with 800k being the T1 Alpha, 1.1 million for T4 Basic and 2.5 million for half a T4CC Crystal. It can come around every 9 days like always.

Release Bases.

New Map options for the AW and allow us to have a map for only 2*, 3*, 4*, and 5* and an open map where you can have and star value placed. I want to have 2* wars just because it'll be fun to be evenly matched with such otherwise useless champs (useless for me anyways). The rewards can reflect what map you pick.

Everything we get here must be followed a certain way. That's what boring, no option for creativity or variety. No freedom to pick how we do things. The stronger we get the less freedom we have. You must do this or do that in order to help your alliance. What if your leader says, oh what the hell guys let's do 2* wars today. Some might not like that, but so what? If they can't stop treating the game as a second or third job then who wants them? You can't releax and be unpredictible. That's the biggest problem.

great ideas but at this point t4b and t4c will need to be more available than half a t4c every 9 days. I'm one of those guys who had two r4/55 five star champs before I had a single maxed out 4 star. Now I have 9. But the point is, i don't want to have a maxed out 6 star before a maxed out 5 star. Seems backwards. And I really can't see anyone wasting materials to max out a 5 star with the release of 6 stars right around the corners.
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Well if they had bothered to work on and release Bases and not higher pointless star value, then people might be able to aquire T4CC faster from bases.
  • PsmithyPsmithy Posts: 3
    So I recently while chatting with my alliance mates about Hawkeye someone who has a 4* rank 4 duped was talking about his signature ability. I was arguing that it was alright nothing special. Through discussing I sent him a screenshot my 5* rank 3 maxed signature 30 that hemmorages for 5556 over 60 seconds. The Rank 5 total hp and damage are 17047 and 1328 respectively.

His 4* Rank 4 Sig 24 hits for 8253 over 60 seconds. His HP and health are 11326 and 927.

My 3 rank 4 Sig 17 hits for 4085 over 60 seconds. Hp 6184 and damage is 485.

The cost to go from rank 4 to 5 for 4* equals less than 5* rank 2 to 3... But signature ability is not equal...

Why in God's name would we want 6* when there Sig ability at rank 1 will be garbage...

When I asked support the response was "

Damage from signature level is in correlation with champions Rank and Level, as well as Signature ability level. Base damage also affects signature abilities. As the champion's rank and level rises, damage also rises. The same goes throuh Signature ability level; as it is further levelled up, damage also increases. Rank 4 champ's damage is higher than of the Rank 3 champ and so on.

If we translate this with the instance with your champs versus your friend's, please read on. 4-star Hawkeye is already Rank 4/5, level 40/40 whilst 5-star Hawkeye is still 3/5, level 45/45. Rank 4 champ's signature ability damage is relatively higher compared to Rank 3 champs. So if you rank up 5-star Hawkeye, damage will also be increased."

Why will a rank 5 4* Hawkeye do more damage then a rank 4 5* when it's not possible to have a rank 5 5* at this time.

Going on the same results for 6* we will be lucky to get it to rank 2... But that means a 6* rank 2 will do less damage with signature ability then a max 3*. Recognizing that the 6* base damage will be higher. When 6* are rolled out will champs like Ultron and other champs who don't need a signature ability be launched... Where in a 6* signature ability will suck why launch champs that are garbage until awakened ????

I bet Mike and Adora don't respond to this question however...
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★

Release Bases.

great ideas but at this point t4b and t4c will need to be more available than half a t4c every 9 days. I'm one of those guys who had two r4/55 five star champs before I had a single maxed out 4 star. Now I have 9. But the point is, i don't want to have a maxed out 6 star before a maxed out 5 star. Seems backwards. And I really can't see anyone wasting materials to max out a 5 star with the release of 6 stars right around the corners.

Maybe resources to rank 6 stars are very different from 5 stars. Maybe we will have T6B, T5CC and T3A. We dont know how things will be until they release more info. I hope rank up materials for 6 stars are different and that should be the case so we cannot used the same resources we currently have because that will make this game very unbalanced and dysfunctional.
    I'm disappointed that Kabam appears to have stopped communicating with us on this thread. We have had many great points brought up in separate threads, which are immediately closed and we are re-directed here. But then we ask here, and we only get silence. Our questions and concerns should be addressed, otherwise just make this an announcement and let us create our own discussions about the topic.

I too am wondering about the silence from Kabam. Maybe it's time for all the alliances to get together again and demand some answers to our concerns. We are all going to be saving rank up items for 6 stars. No one will want a maxed 5 star.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    I'm disappointed that Kabam appears to have stopped communicating with us on this thread. We have had many great points brought up in separate threads, which are immediately closed and we are re-directed here. But then we ask here, and we only get silence. Our questions and concerns should be addressed, otherwise just make this an announcement and let us create our own discussions about the topic.

And this is why they close all the other threads, Notice the the big guys don't waste time in here as it's easy to be ignored. Kabam has not and will continue to not listen to it's players. They have made the decision and will roll it out no matter what we think. The only thing that makes them move or even communicate, is money, App rating and social **** storms that get Marvel involved.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★

I too am wondering about the silence from Kabam. Maybe it's time for all the alliances to get together again and demand some answers to our concerns. We are all going to be saving rank up items for 6 stars. No one will want a maxed 5 star.

I will. Because I know I will be able to max one, while a 6* pull will be faaaaaar into the future for me, let alone enough pulls to actually dupe a champion in order for them to be worth a toot. It's going to be like it is now for me, where some complete content with their r4 5*, and I get to run it with r5 4* at a higher difficulty/cost, just move each star up a notch. I am not prepared to wait three years on ranking anyone just in the hopes of getting a useful 6*; I should have time to max a 5* or two, rock content with them, and then build up resources for an eventual 6*. Or, depending on if they screw up the 6* roster, just say F it, and take my 5* as far as they can roll.
    Those at the top of the game though, have it different, and I recognize that. They stand a much higher chance of getting a useful 6* sooner, and thus have more incentive to hold.
    But in reality, until we get more information, who the heck knows what this really means? Besides some 6* in Event quests, and in 5.4.
    Just caught up and its so interesting those few who seem to want 6* seem to want rank down tickets for their 4* because they want to reuse their resources yet they say 6* are a natural progressiin in the game, and inded it is just unfortunately the lowest level of non creativity which could have been introduced.

RDT were put in to save kabam from getting into a lot of serious trouble in many countries, as they were used to correct an issue not as a reward or thank you its hard to see why they would give them out or actually why they should. Just amusing these people 'expecting it' or 'one of the proposers (lol)' of 6* want compensation!

But the cream on top of the double talk is from he whom we dont want to meantion ;) where he says he should definately get RDTs and then in another post he states that the resources for 6* shouldnt be the same as 5* and should be completely different otherwise the game would become unbalanced. That just about sums up his knowledge, depth and consistency of thinking.
    Amonthir wrote: »

I will. Because I know I will be able to max one, while a 6* pull will be faaaaaar into the future for me, let alone enough pulls to actually dupe a champion in order for them to be worth a toot. It's going to be like it is now for me, where some complete content with their r4 5*, and I get to run it with r5 4* at a higher difficulty/cost, just move each star up a notch. I am not prepared to wait three years on ranking anyone just in the hopes of getting a useful 6*; I should have time to max a 5* or two, rock content with them, and then build up resources for an eventual 6*. Or, depending on if they screw up the 6* roster, just say F it, and take my 5* as far as they can roll.
    Those at the top of the game though, have it different, and I recognize that. They stand a much higher chance of getting a useful 6* sooner, and thus have more incentive to hold.
    But in reality, until we get more information, who the heck knows what this really means? Besides some 6* in Event quests, and in 5.4.

Exactly, so what have kabam done, weakened all our work on 5* as CR kicks in as soon as 6* appear in content and got people excited that they can rank 6* to a level of weakness below their 5*. So much still unknown its now starting to feel like the old snake oil salesmen where actual more up front and honst.
  • HellbHellb Posts: 1
    New content is always fun. The problem is later on we could do hard content without spending. Now its impossible. Limit stash, PB no more avalable, willpower nerfed and so many others things that were beneficial to players are gone to force u to spend to get hard content or good stuff, with the excuse to balance the game but for who? To kabam's pocket. Yes u can grind arenas 24/7 to get 10k+ Units and do lol 100%, after what 9 months or more, lol. With 6* announced we can expect 7* for the future. Only a few that will be able to rank a 5* to r5 will enjoy for 1 month the most and 6* will be on. A lot of the time, money and resorces invested will be obsolete with new 6* and even if u say that wont it will just like with 3* (not usable anymore but for arenas). Ok maybe not right away but eventualy 4* will be obsolete when 6* will be upgrade to rank 2 or whenever u decide to release 7*. It looks that whenever a player got good and close to end game content kabam drops the bomb. Hard content always been hard since day 1 but was doable with sacrifice and bit of luck. Now it is pay to play, pay for good stuff if u want or wait an eternity until u farm enough resources. 6* its too early. Just read all negative and really good point of views from players here.
  • SweetsxxSweetsxx Posts: 3
    Many are commenting without reading the forum. I for one will love this. Especially since there makeing it easier to rank up and get your 5* I like the idea of the new crystals. I just hope the first drop of 6* are going to be awesome champs and not lame ones.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Posts: 34
    It would be good if we could take a max 5* to a r1 6* that way it would feel like all the time and money we've put into our 5* isn't for nothing, I think Injustice 2 does this right?

Also as has been stated need some proper new content whether that's Bases or whatever. Also all the quests and daily activities are boring for me too easy and give me nothing I want, whole thing needs overhaul.
  • Hellb wrote: »
    New content is always fun. The problem is later on we could do hard content without spending. Now its impossible. Limit stash, PB no more avalable, willpower nerfed and so many others things that were beneficial to players are gone to force u to spend to get hard content or good stuff, with the excuse to balance the game but for who? To kabam's pocket. Yes u can grind arenas 24/7 to get 10k+ Units and do lol 100%, after what 9 months or more, lol. With 6* announced we can expect 7* for the future. Only a few that will be able to rank a 5* to r5 will enjoy for 1 month the most and 6* will be on. A lot of the time, money and resorces invested will be obsolete with new 6* and even if u say that wont it will just like with 3* (not usable anymore but for arenas). Ok maybe not right away but eventualy 4* will be obsolete when 6* will be upgrade to rank 2 or whenever u decide to release 7*. It looks that whenever a player got good and close to end game content kabam drops the bomb. Hard content always been hard since day 1 but was doable with sacrifice and bit of luck. Now it is pay to play, pay for good stuff if u want or wait an eternity until u farm enough resources. 6* its too early. Just read all negative and really good point of views from players here.

Perfectly said.

• No one wants 6*'s!!!! Make better content, fix the issues that plague this game over and over again. Stop figuring out ways to screw everyone over. 6*'s are their response to the failed 12.0 changes. Since they can't screw people over that way, make 6*'s and then 7* and then 8*'s. Why would anyone ever spend a dime on this game when you know all the champs will eventually be useless? It's **** up
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    I am strongly opposed to the 6* idea. This only caters to the top spenders of MCOC and shows that Kabam does not care about competitive balance but only getting money from players who spend 100s-1000s of dollars in this game. This addition also ruins the game economy making some old purchases somewhat worthless.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Just pointing out, it's be 6 days and 12 pages of comments without a mod checking. This is why they kill any meaningful thread outside of here. So easy to be ignored. You want to make difference, become a true free2play player, let the ratings know and hit Marvel on Twitter. Or just keep yelling at the wall and with ourselves.
  • TrendlyFynnTrendlyFynn Posts: 35
    Just pointing out, it's be 6 days and 12 pages of comments without a mod checking. This is why they kill any meaningful thread outside of here. So easy to be ignored. You want to make difference, become a true free2play player, let the ratings know and hit Marvel on Twitter. Or just keep yelling at the wall and with ourselves.

Looks like kabam got a very simple approach... Put all the negative comments in one pile... Bring a rug and cover it... Then place a couch over said rug.

I've been following the thread daily... And it's pretty obvious that our feelings and concerns regarding six stars in general, are not what is wanted by the powers that be.

Both sides have raised valid points... Many interesting questions have been asked... But there's no feedback from kabam.

Then what's the point of the forum???

All we asking for as a community is better communication from kabam.

I also would like to know to what extent are the views from the forum considered when the development team actually makes or finalises decisions?

I feel just in clearing that aspect up for the community can help with future threads and topics.
  • DocStrangeDocStrange Posts: 36
    Пожалуйста не убивает игру ради деньги. Не нужен 6* герой. Новый сюжета игру или новый игру "Марвел 2"

I don't know about making MCoC 2 lol. I sure wouldn't play it unless they did a forced integration

• ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    you guys want a response go on strike
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    edited August 2017
    I am strongly opposed to the 6* idea. This only caters to the top spenders of MCOC and shows that Kabam does not care about competitive balance but only getting money from players who spend 100s-1000s of dollars in this game. This addition also ruins the game economy making some old purchases somewhat worthless.

Top spenders are balking at this idea as well -- their investments have been tremendously devalued. Just look up MMXIV in game and see what they have to say.

Perhaps this will trigger the same outcry as version 12..

Absolutely preposterous
    Ok come on tell me the announcemental on AW IS new content and not same content re purposed to genterate greater revenue opportunity .... new boosts to get you through, almost doubled the mini bosses, increased length (eg fights) by 50% ..... as forecast and the start.

Personally it will add a little more challenge but it's not that interesting as same mechanics.

The intro of portals and ability to move across paths is a cute one which enables others to come and spend to get alliances moving towards more fights rather than having a person stuck and all not bothering anymore.