**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Warlock’s Offensive Ability Accuracy Reduction Is Reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy

CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
Warlock’s Transmode Virus is described as reducing offensive ability accuracy but is also reducing defensive ability accuracy. This is most easily evidenced when fighting Electro with his Static Shock but has also been evidenced and reported to work on other defensive abilities like LC’s indestructible, Wolverine’s heal buffs, and Thing’s rock stacks. This does not appear to be device or ISP reliant.

iPad Pro 10.5”
iOS 12.3.1
WiFi
Act 5.4.6, Duels, etc

Video of Warlock shutting down Electro’s defensive ability “Static Shock”.
https://youtu.be/bFvfiosIz6c

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Checking to see if this is understood or even noticed. Can I be clearer in the discrepancy between the abilities description and function?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    I noticed the same a few days ago, found it weird, but looks like its not intended.
    Very likely will be fixed, is what I think so

I noticed the same a few days ago, found it weird, but looks like its not intended.
    Very likely will be fixed, is what I think so

Yes will likely be fixed. Guess this post is more about informing people that he is not working correctly based on his description since there are videos highlighting this interaction and people will start to think it is actually an intended ability. Trying to help Kabam get ahead of this but w/e, i’ll send a ticket in so I know it will be seen sooner than later.
  • Hey there, I see that you mentioned Act 5.4.6, is that where this video was recorded?

Hey there, I see that you mentioned Act 5.4.6, is that where this video was recorded?

Yes, the Electro to the left at the start of the map; it can be replicated with any Electro however or any defensive ability TMK.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Can you please give some examples on offensive abilities? (Domino crit fail?)
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    arni2 said:

Can you please give some examples on offensive abilities? (Domino crit fail?)

unblockable, unstoppable.
  • This is confusing tho.. i play map6 all day and still get the heat damage frm rhulk so?? 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    from my knowledge, offensive abilities are abilities that would trigger when that champion attacks. Example when she-hulk attacks has a chance to gain fury passive. Defensive abilities are abilities that trigger when that champion is attacked. Example would be electro static shock of korg's thorns maybe? I don't know every example \-/
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

This is confusing tho.. i play map6 all day and still get the heat damage frm rhulk so?? 🤷🏽‍♂️

its not 100% AAR, it is like 30%.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

This is confusing tho.. i play map6 all day and still get the heat damage frm rhulk so?? 🤷🏽‍♂️

its not 100% AAR, it is like 30%.
    If you got like 4 of the infection you culd get over 100 but most only 60 if it staked and count as that to
    arni2 said:

Hi all,

We are working on a fix for this and hope to have it out soon!

I have an idea. Maybe let’s only fix the description and keep him as is, great champion, no over powered (no sarcasm)
    Nah, from the way he was talked about it is only supposed to affect offensive ability accuracy.
    So for example, against Sinister boss in 6.2.2. He will still get the charges due to your champion proccing buffs, but deppending on the RNG the shocks might fail to apply
    😂 These guys, “Kabam we want our defensive abilities to have a chance to fail when we face Warlock.”
    No one really knows for sure what is offensive and what is defensive abilities, for example magik’s limbo can be both.
    We need a way in description of the champs that will tell us that is offensive and what is defensive, and not speculate it.
    Things champions do while attacking are offensive, things champions do while being attacked are defensive. 💡
    I’ll answer you Kabam style: “keep this thread constructive”.
    As for my answer to you, be more helpful, generic answers won’t help
    Keep it on topic? Is that easier for you?

It’s not a generic answer it’s how it works. Limbo and unstoppable are both depending on what triggered the effect and covered by the explanation. It’s simply not a grey area.

If you are taking offensive action against an opponent They have x% less chance to proc abilities subject to aar and the inverse for defensive.
  • SegalionSegalion Posts: 43
    I'm with arni.
    Example, domino.
    Does domino crit fail counts as offensive or defensive?
    Is there a difference if you attack her and get crit fial or if she attack you and you get a crit fail?
    Segalion said:

I'm with arni.
    Example, domino.
    Does domino crit fail counts as offensive or defensive?
    Is there a difference if you attack her and get crit fial or if she attack you and you get a crit fail?

It counts as what ever failed action caused the Crit failure. If Proxima failed an ability against Domino while blocking Crit fail will not proc. And failing an ability against Domino while attacking won’t cause it to proc if you have the defensive aar to overcome it.
    Munash said:

It would be nice if Kabam could provide a list of all abilities and which category they fall under to avoid confusion. Or is that too much to ask for?

They’re all abilities, it’s whether they happen while being attacked or attacking that determines if they are subject to DAAR or OAAR. Some are not subject to aar though and forget about Glancing, that’s a black hole that even bypasses AAR immunity.
  • SegalionSegalion Posts: 43
    It's very easy to explain however I highly doubt the code is implemented as you suggested (first it is the determined if you are attacking or defending and then on top of that your abilities are being calculated)
    Segalion said:

It's very easy to explain however I highly doubt the code is implemented as you suggested (first it is the determined if you are attacking or defending and then on top of that your abilities are being calculated)

It’s also very easy to test and evidence.

Here are two gifs.

In this one PM fails to parry Domino and does not suffer crit failure.

In this one she is blocking but not being attacked and suffers crit failure.

arni2 said:

No one really knows for sure what is offensive and what is defensive abilities, for example magik’s limbo can be both.
    We need a way in description of the champs that will tell us that is offensive and what is defensive, and not speculate it.

We can actually ...
    Limbo is both offensive and a defensive ability. Deppends on how it was triggered. By using her special attacks, limbo triggers offensively. By reaching a bar of power and due to her sig ability, limbo triggers deffensively.
  • MunashMunash Posts: 21

arni2 said:

We can actually ...
    Limbo is both offensive and a defensive ability. Deppends on how it was triggered. By using her special attacks, limbo triggers offensively. By reaching a bar of power and due to her sig ability, limbo triggers deffensively.
    And if she reaches a bar of power by hitting you or due to mystic dispersion?