**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A Masacre Breakdown

ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
Like my ST breakdown, a friend asked me about Mas. He quickly became one of my favorite champs to play as, so I decided to share what I've learned with him. Just click the spoiler:

Masacre

Swing away, Mas... swing away...

Bonus points if you know the movie reference... anyway... Masacre.

1) Be aggressive - unlike other champs, Mas benefits from an aggressive playstyle.

2) Always hit into a block - never give up the chance to hit into a block. It is highly beneficial for Masacre. If possible, use a 4 hit combo when the opponent is blocking.

3) Why hit into a block? - Mas' bat attacks have great block penetration. They do great damage with minimal power gain. Also, each blocked bat attack grants an ignition charge.

4) Ignition charges - You gain a charge from a critical hit or a blocked bat attack. Every time you crit, it does an additional amount of burst energy damage. For every charge, you do an extra 10% burst damage with a crit (up to 100%). Your goal is to get to 10 charges as quickly as possible to ignite your bat.

5) Ignited - This is his end game. Once you are ignited, every bat hit will incinerate the opponent. Once the opponent is incinerated, Mas' damage really ramps up. Incinerates destroy defense against bat hits. Additionally, Mas gains power like hitting the opponent if they block a bat hit. So, always aim for that 4 hit combo block attack once you debuff them. Your crits also do 100% additional burst damage.

6) Heavy - not really useful as you can gain ignition charges much easier and more quickly with blocked hits.

7) sp1 - like his heavy, I hardly ever use it. Some people do it to refresh debuffs, but I find it cuts into his DPS. The only time I use it is against direct counters (more on that in a sec).

8) sp2 - The creme de la creme of his attacks. Never combo into this attack. You want the opponent to block it. It does way more damage blocked than if it hits. For each ignition charge, it does more damage... and if the opponent is ignited... woah damn. They basically explode when they block it. Another thing about this attack is it's nearly 100% safe to shoot off anytime. If it hits, it hits. If it's blocked, any incoming attack will miss for .75s. This allows you to immediately start swinging again to increase pressure. There are exceptions, though...

9) Direct counters - anyone with defensive AAR such as PM or OG Ultron will totally mess up Masacre's gameplan. These champs prevent ignition charges from blocked hits, block damage of sp2 and the .75s delay on a blocked sp2. If possible, avoid these match ups. If not, use sp1.

10) sp3 - pretty worthless; avoid if possible

11) Dupe - it's not necessary, but it does significantly up his damage and increase the rate at which you become ignited

That's Masacre in a nutshell. He's so much fun to play. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Not sure why this had to be approved?
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    A negative insightful? Anyone else see that or is it just a bug on my end. Anyways, nice breakdown OP.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

A negative insightful? Anyone else see that or is it just a bug on my end.

I see it as well
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    How do you have negative one insightful? lol
    Lawls

How do you have negative one insightful? lol

I'm telling ya... like @Hellow said... target.
    Hellow said:

Lol I posted a link to a thread regarding a mods response to something same thing
    Guess we have targets in our heads 😵
    Love the break down I use him for questing in act 6 and variant 1 and even three
    He’s very quirky but very useful in many situations
    Just a few things his sp1 is very useful it not only refreshes the incinerates so you can keep going at it (more dps overall) but it applies a disorientate debuff which reduces BP by another 50% and DAA the bleeds are okay
    Btw I think you meant offensive AAR for OG ultron and prox
    He gets ROL WS down in around 115 hits at r- 6* and is very fun

But, yeah, you're right. I couldn't edit it because it had to be approved.

As for the sp1, I guess it's just a preference thing like I said. I find saving for sp2 is better DPS.
    Hellow said:

Fun fact that negative insightful is from me!
    Literally no matter which other reaction I click I give the negative AND the reaction I chose
    Even if I click just the insightful reaction it gives it as a negative

Love you too, homie.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nice post. I didn't realize his SP2 was better into a block. I have him unduped at 4/55. I also have a R4 to R5 skill gem I keep almost using on him for Domino team. R4 to R5 gem for Rhulk also. Been waiting for better options but might have to pull the trigger.
    @LeNoirFaineant I would be hesitant to r5 him until you know you like him. At r4 he's still a powerhouse.

I would be apprehensive to r5 my r4 s200 Mas simply because there are so many great skill champs.

However, if you use the fire trinity for AWA, I say pull the trigger. But, if you're like me, and only use them for questing, an r4 Masacre is more than enough.
    Awww. I lost my negative insightful.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    I don’t agree with your avoid sp1 idea. IMO sp1 is better than sp2.

You can’t do this with SP 2:

It’s faster and easier to refresh debuffs. More debuffs = more ignite durations. Perfect counter against crazy regens like ROL wolvie, Vigor etc...

But there are also useful areas of sp2. Like 6.2.1 lifecycle global node. Refreshing debuffs are worthless there.
    edited October 2019

It’s faster and easier to refresh debuffs. More debuffs = more ignite durations. Perfect counter against crazy regens like ROL wolvie, Vigor etc...

But there are also useful areas of sp2. Like 6.2.1 lifecycle global node. Refreshing debuffs are worthless there.

Like I said, it's a preference thing. The other thing to consider is the length of the fight. In a longer fight, yes, sp1 could be more DPS.

But, in general questing or other normal fights, the sp2 is just better. You won't ever reach 35 incinerates... hell, at most, maybe 10 before an opponent is dead. And, I'm talking in all... not stacked.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Whats PM?
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Also the sp3 can be useful if the defender is more aggressive and you don’t really have a good opportunity to attack into the block. It takes a bit longer that way, but it’s a sort of convoluted shortcut for some matchups.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

Yeah he’s really fun to play, sometimes you can get a good setup and refresh the incinerates but you got to play really aggressive.

How did you stack so much Incinerates? My max was 15 even with the SP1 refresh.
    Gwenpool synergy and you gotta make a good timing with sp1. Don’t use it immediately when you just reach a full bar of power but also don’t make it 2 bars. Play aggressive, not just parry heavy, try to use wall intercepts more. Keep an eye on the debuff time
    Aryl said:

Like I said, it's a preference thing. The other thing to consider is the length of the fight. In a longer fight, yes, sp1 could be more DPS.

But, in general questing or other normal fights, the sp2 is just better. You won't ever reach 35 incinerates... hell, at most, maybe 10 before an opponent is dead. And, I'm talking in all... not stacked.

I Hear ya. Not that I don’t like sp2. It’s definitely more beautiful and fun to do. Like I said, I found sp1 more useful. 😎🤙🏿