**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shell alliance exploit in AW

Comments

• HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I believe the easiest way to fix this would be to increase the loss rewards to those Tier 1 AW matchups to what the current Winner would get. Then Double the winning rewards. We know that 5* shards are much needed now with the 6* coming. So this would keep the value in staying with Tier 1 Match-ups.

Why not make the losing rewards the same as the winning rewards(just substitute the war win crystal with the war loss crystal) for the next tier down and do that for every tier. That way losing on Tier 9 is the same rewards as winning on tier 10 for example. Nobody would be willing to drop down anymore and people can lose a war here and there and not throw a fit over it.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I believe the easiest way to fix this would be to increase the loss rewards to those Tier 1 AW matchups to what the current Winner would get. Then Double the winning rewards. We know that 5* shards are much needed now with the 6* coming. So this would keep the value in staying with Tier 1 Match-ups.

Why not make the losing rewards the same as the winning rewards(just substitute the war win crystal with the war loss crystal) for the next tier down and do that for every tier. That way losing on Tier 9 is the same rewards as winning on tier 10 for example. Nobody would be willing to drop down anymore and people can lose a war here and there and not throw a fit over it.

I like the idea, but then there is no real incentive to win unless they make the items you get from the war victor crystal substantially better.
    Thawnim wrote: »

I like the idea, but then there is no real incentive to win unless they make the items you get from the war victor crystal substantially better.

Have the reward victor crystal increase in value at each level. In tier one it should give out T4cc, T5bc, T2ac, 4*basic awakening stones, 5*class awakening stones, 5*class and basic signature stones. Have the losing crystal give the same rewards as winning crystal 5 tiers down.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    It is a exploit. Just like switching alliances for AQ before black out was implemented.

A tier 1 alliance creates second accounts on all its players and they switch to a lower tier ex. 10. Then they win AW for like 2 months straight until they reach above 2500 war rating.

Their second accounts get also stronger by losing wars in tier 1, 2 and 3.

Even if you sum the shards lost from SA still this method provides more shards overall. AQ for high tier alliances with 100 t4cc crystals in stash or so is irrelevant.

Please kabam do something about this. Implement the blackout for AW. easy fix
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★

Yes a better win Crystal would be a great incentive, but increasing the the 5* shards for a win to almost 1000 shards would actually get more people wanting to get to tier 1. If you have a chance to get 3k Shards in AW a week plus all the other shards available in other formats you could get close to a new 5* every other week. With the dupes of these generating 6* shards I could see a lot of people gunning for those wins.
  • acid21acid21 Posts: 22
    edited August 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    It is a exploit. Just like switching alliances for AQ before black out was implemented.

A tier 1 alliance creates second accounts on all its players and they switch to a lower tier ex. 10. Then they win AW for like 2 months straight until they reach above 2500 war rating.

Their second accounts get also stronger by losing wars in tier 1, 2 and 3.

Even if you sum the shards lost from SA still this method provides more shards overall. AQ for high tier alliances with 100 t4cc crystals in stash or so is irrelevant.

Please kabam do something about this. Implement the blackout for AW. easy fix

You are wrong, you need to have a specific amount of exploration to even get rewards. In tier 1 its 17% to get loser rewards and 90% to get the full amount of shards. For 6% exploration they would get around 10 5* shards and 6-7 4* shards on their second accounts unless they were extremely good second accounts. They would be better off having their second accounts in a real alliance then in a shell. Please re frame from spreading false info
    edited August 2017
    Look, y'all really need to stop complaining about this. IDK what they will do to attempt to battle this if they choose act on it. What I do know is 99.9% of the player base will not be happy with it because it will hurt everyone at every level and not just the ones doing this. We can come up with really great fixes that would accomplish it and make everybody happy in the process. Does history prove that the developers are particularly adept at this skill?
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    I think people are also forgetting that the original alliances (after that alliance moves to the shell alliance) do not just sit there with really high war ratings. They generally get opened up to the public and tend to lose lots of wars until the rating drops back down to an appropriate level. I have not heard any criticism from the alliances in tiers 1 through 7 when they are facing these once great alliances and easily winning.
  • HAVOCHAVOC Posts: 74
    OP and the others whining, please stop!
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Here's an easy fix. If more than 16 people leave an alliance within a ten day period, reset its war rating to 0.

There would need to be some sophistication though so they can't just swap one main account for one secondary account. It would have to only count members that have been in the alliance for more than 10 days.
  • Agent_venomAgent_venom Posts: 51
    This post is about a bunch of people complaining, switching alliances for AW is not against the rules. The same way switching alliances for t4c wasn't against the rules neither, the mods even said it was a strategy. Like many people stated, tier 1 rewards suck, you can spend up to 1000 units for a loss. I'm tier 1, skill doesn't matter that much, it's all about who spends more to win. Unless they change the rewards, people will continue to do this and I don't blame them. Before anyone starts, no I am not in a allaince that does this. Many alliances don't care about t4cc anymore so they rather chase 5* shards, especially with 6*s coming soon. Stop complaining, if you get matched with an allaince out of your league; don't spend. It's that simple.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Simple enough solution is that if an alliance sees a significant enough turnover in a relatively short period of time, their war rating is reset to 0, bottom tier, like it was a newly created alliance. The time to get back up to the 5* tiers would then be longer than just intentionally losing a handful of wars to drop them back down to the lowest 5* shard tier.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Here's an easy fix. If more than 16 people leave an alliance within a ten day period, reset its war rating to 0.

There would need to be some sophistication though so they can't just swap one main account for one secondary account. It would have to only count members that have been in the alliance for more than 10 days.

Hmm, that might affect alliances where there is legit turnover though like a split or something. It's a nice idea but would be impractical.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★

Hmm, that might affect alliances where there is legit turnover though like a split or something. It's a nice idea but would be impractical.
    It's a lesser of two evils type of solution. And when over half of your alliance leaves within ten days, you basically have a new alliance anyway.

The only other solution is to base it on prestige.

It's a lesser of two evils type of solution. And when over half of your alliance leaves within ten days, you basically have a new alliance anyway.

The only other solution is to base it on prestige.

I don't like any solution that involves the lesser of two evils. Just increase the rewards for defeat at higher tiers, that sounds like a non-evil solution completely.

Yes a better win Crystal would be a great incentive, but increasing the the 5* shards for a win to almost 1000 shards would actually get more people wanting to get to tier 1. If you have a chance to get 3k Shards in AW a week plus all the other shards available in other formats you could get close to a new 5* every other week. With the dupes of these generating 6* shards I could see a lot of people gunning for those wins.

I'd be happy with that. Seems logical and would push them closer to 6* content as people gather and dupe more 5*s as a result.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    HAVOC wrote: »
    OP and the others whining, please stop!

Im gonna keep pressing this issue until Kabam finally comes up with a resolution.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Honestly I've thought about joining an alliance that does this because I only get t4 science from top 150 aq rewards. The 5* shards are definitely worth it. To win 100% of the wars
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Really?!! Still no fix for shell swapping what's up with this. Even Brian Grant is coming out saying Kabam needs to take action about this
  • AyyyyLmaooooAyyyyLmaoooo Posts: 42
    edited August 2017
    Just to sum everything and how this works :

Alliances at tier 1 may find themselves doing equally tough or tougher wars and the possibility of spending units/items is high. And to lose a war after spending that many items is a huge slap to the face. Alliances may face people leaving now and then for greener pastures.

To ease themselves of such a headache, they find a new alliance shell. Sometimes, this alliance shell is occupied by an old alliance. In rare cases, these shells were forcefully taken over and the whole alliance would occupy it.

I have seen at least 10 alliances who have exploited the poorly made AW system and actually managed to go on 20-war unbeaten streaks till they matchmade with someone in the top 10 or so. Then they swap back to their original alliance which now has 1k+ rating and cycle repeats.

This is similar to the alliance swapping that happened in season 1 and 2 where alliances that didn't have the opportunity to swap early were at a huge disadvantage and alliances who exploited this were able to have an unfair advantage and progressed a lot faster than those who didn't.

Let's keep in mind how many wars that alliances who exploit the system win compared to those who don't. The difference is actually huge since alliances that don't exploit are bound to lose some wars every now and then.

Hopefully with the new changes the next update that comes, comes a revamped AW system or perhaps some sort of lockout period? Either way, hope Kabam fixes this hole

And it's not about how little or unrewarding shards can be at Tier 1 wars... because an unbeaten run throughout 1k+ till 2.5k gets you wayyyy more shards than you could get at tier 1 wars in the same time span.
  • This post is about a bunch of people complaining, switching alliances for AW is not against the rules. The same way switching alliances for t4c wasn't against the rules neither, the mods even said it was a strategy. Like many people stated, tier 1 rewards suck, you can spend up to 1000 units for a loss. I'm tier 1, skill doesn't matter that much, it's all about who spends more to win. Unless they change the rewards, people will continue to do this and I don't blame them. Before anyone starts, no I am not in a allaince that does this. Many alliances don't care about t4cc anymore so they rather chase 5* shards, especially with 6*s coming soon. Stop complaining, if you get matched with an allaince out of your league; don't spend. It's that simple.

Well if they're out of your league at tier 1, shouldn't that be applied to anyone who uses this 'exploit'? Make it a no items use war of you're that worried about losing and wasting a lot of items. I mean duh right? :smiley:
  • Stara99 wrote: »
    Hey guys, you know, as a whole, the alliance community only wins half of its wars. Losing here and there is really not the end of the world.

When you spend 800-2000 units and lose it is painful. In the top 100 alliances they will have almost all type of 4&5* champs and that means spending even to have a chance. You hit a point of no return and decide did I waste 1000 units or spend another 1000 for the win. Half the time losing 2000 units doesn't work. If rewards aren't increased people will find ways to get them. That's like the car that can't be stolen. If there is a will there is a way.

2k units for a tier 1 war? Get skilled or go home
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Really?!! Still no fix for shell swapping what's up with this. Even Brian Grant is coming out saying Kabam needs to take action about this

Respect most of the Youtubers, but his (and your) opinion mean about as much as mine to Kabam. That is nada.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    edited August 2017
    With the AW rewards staying the same and defensive kills not counting (and hence making AW even more of a spendfest), Kabam just motivated more alliances into using shells.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    edited August 2017
    You want a true fix and demonstration of who actually has skill? Eliminate item usage in wars,

Oh wait, how will Kabam sell units? Scratch that. Make people even more desperate to win by eliminating defender kill points
    so they will feel the push to finish fight by using items. That’s more like it.

If there is any question why alliances are using shells, it is not to cheat the system, it is to save actual money. This is the only reason Kabam will try to fix this “exploit”.

You clowns all stop spending money and using items and then we are on an even playing field. You have nobody to blame except yourselves.

zypwvmbqp2rt.jpeg
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    edited August 2017
    This is not an exploit. There are consequences to switching to another alliance and in order to swap back to watever original alliance u came from: u gotta keep losing wars at ur original alliance (free shards for others) while keep winning wars at ur shell alliance (easier wars for yourself).

The fault lays on Kabam's lack of attentiveness to improve their AW matching system. People should not need to feel the need to swap at all in the first place! Search times can be too long while there is a restricted window to search every week and matchings can be quite unbalanced at times. Loser rewards should b improved.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Good point on the intentional war losses to drop the rating on ththe empty shell. Funny that none of those lucky recipients are on here ****. We faced one of those once. We giggled and completed 100% and collected our loot and hoped to face another. In 3 months it has not happened again sadly.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    I like the idea of making the rewards so that losing in your current tier will be better rewards than winning in a lower tier. Incentivize alliances to strive for a higher tier and stay there. I couldn't care less what the big-time whales do as long as they aren't playing in my little pond screwing up what I'm trying to do. Kabam should have realized that these alliances are all in and will do whatever annoying, seemingly tedious thing they need to to eke out whatever nugget of member progression they can.