**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Been demoted from leader? <MERGED THREADS>

DrVicMonkey_1DrVicMonkey_1 Posts: 4
edited October 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
I logged in to find that one of the members (not Officer) has been promoted to leader a and I've been demoted to member. Why has this happened?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Our alliance leader has been demote and a random member of our alliance was promote leader out of nowhere. Both of them were offline the time. Then all of a sudden, the”new leader” was demote too and another officer was promote to leader. I was talk8ng with that very officer at the time and he has no idea whats happening either.

Did you screw something up with the upcoming autochanging leader ahead of time?
  • rischiorischio Posts: 163
    Same here
  • Deacon03Deacon03 Posts: 235 ★★★
    Happened in our alliance as well @Kabam Miike answers??
  • Deacon03Deacon03 Posts: 235 ★★★
    Bug in the game happening in multiple alliances
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    edited October 2019
    If you have been absent for a while, other people in the alliance probably contacted Support and asked that they promote someone else who is active up into Leader position.

FYI, in the upcoming change for November, Kabam will be doing this “Automatically” after a certain period of inactivity.

EDITED: just saw multiple reports, and Kabam saying investigating. But the FYI for future months still valid for any leaders who are absent for long time (but not sure Kabam has said “how long” that absence would have to be).
  • SonnenTigerSonnenTiger Posts: 34
    Same here :|
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Same seems like a very random bug
  • icm4266icm4266 Posts: 45
    I just had this happen in my alliance. I logged in and was demoted from leader to member and a random member was put as leader in my place
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    edited October 2019
    Same here, our leader had been offline for only 2 HOURS, and it was transferred to a member instead of an officer!

Edit: seems like it’s transferring to the first member that logs in after the bug happened.
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    I just got promoted to leader. Dunno what's so special about me lol, clearly a charmer to the Kabammians.
  • JensC91JensC91 Posts: 9
    It happened to me, too 🤬
  • arowsell94arowsell94 Posts: 12
    For info, there have been multiple random changes of leader in our alliance
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    edited October 2019

If you have been absent for a while, other people in the alliance probably contacted Support and asked that they promote someone else who is active up into Leader position.

This is not the case that happened in our alliance. The leader was only offline for 2 hours and it passed to the next member that logged in after the bug.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    This happened to me while I was on line, Went from Leader to Member. Nice work Kabam.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Same here. I’m now leader lol
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    Wtf 🤬
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    I'm lost
  • GOA78GOA78 Posts: 62
    Same here. Offline for 1 hour and demoted. Looks like we had 2 leaders during this time???
  • HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★
    Hi all,

Has there been any information around the random promotion and demotion in alliances. I was a leader and been demoted, I random member has just been given leader.

It's all over global
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    Same happened to our alliance
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    Same homies been switching for last hour so far 7 people have had it
  • FroFro Posts: 5
    Same happened in my alliance. They are just asking for a **** storm with this.
This discussion has been closed.