**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stark-Enhanced Spider-Man: The most overrated champion in 2019 MCOC

13»

Comments

• Did everyone actually read this rant I got about 3 paragraphs down and said..... noooope

Made it farther than me
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    The only thing the OP has proven to me is he doesn’t understand Meta or a Tier List is and how they correlate or relate.

Best in current meta does not mean BGT. BGT doesn’t mean the answer to everything. You can have a BGT champ that sucks in a current Meta.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    JohnHS said:

xNig said:

Spark is definitely top tier, no doubts about that. High damage, some utility in terms of power control and auto evade.

However, his playstyle doesn’t appeal to me, which is why he’s sitting as a R3 arena fodder for me.

Tbh it doesn’t matter what OP thinks. If you think he’s bad, then he’s bad and don’t rank him up. What I’m questioning are your credentials and experience (11 months is nothing. There are players here clocking 4 years or more), to make an assessment on whether a champ is overrated, and to make a statement about it.

You don't need credentials to make an argument. Certainly not to state an opinion: which at the end of the day is all this discussion is.
    That's true, you do not. However, everyone else has the right to discuss amongst themselves whether to accept your opinion, and to judge it on any criteria they choose. They can specifically choose to evaluate the credibility of every person that asserts an opinion, if they so choose. And most people of course do.

I think it is important to state here that regardless of what anyone has said in the thread, you have the right to express your own evaluation of the champions, and everyone else should respect it for what it is. But you should also consider that saying something is "overrated" or "underrated" is a form of challenge. When you throw down that challenge, you have to expect someone is going to pick it up. In fact, most people will assume that you're actually looking for an argument when you say that, because it is so obviously a challenge.

Remember these are discussion forums, and most discussion is about disagreement, not agreement. There's only one way to agree, but there are an infinite number of ways to disagree.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    There no such thing as overrated here in this game... useful or trash... Most of us know where he stands...
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    - do u know he might be only guy that works on nodes power start 1/2 & crazy power gain nodes,(map6 heimdal,doomino,SS,etc)
    - do u know he still works great for labyrinth still top 5 options in labyrinth
    - at 10 poise charge he can get over 7k+ attack and 5k crit rate(depending on sig)
    - u can shut evades with sp3(long fights like labyrinth)
    - his sp2 +shock does over 50-60k every time.
    ---- lets talk about overtime nerf on him that happens with every update on every OP champion
    - he never evades specials anymoree like he used to. u always get hit.supposed to b 60% but now it might b 0-20%
    - his random evades r more offen n gets u smacked in face n dead

• JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

JohnHS said:

xNig said:

Spark is definitely top tier, no doubts about that. High damage, some utility in terms of power control and auto evade.

However, his playstyle doesn’t appeal to me, which is why he’s sitting as a R3 arena fodder for me.

Tbh it doesn’t matter what OP thinks. If you think he’s bad, then he’s bad and don’t rank him up. What I’m questioning are your credentials and experience (11 months is nothing. There are players here clocking 4 years or more), to make an assessment on whether a champ is overrated, and to make a statement about it.

You don't need credentials to make an argument. Certainly not to state an opinion: which at the end of the day is all this discussion is.
    That's true, you do not. However, everyone else has the right to discuss amongst themselves whether to accept your opinion, and to judge it on any criteria they choose. They can specifically choose to evaluate the credibility of every person that asserts an opinion, if they so choose. And most people of course do.

I think it is important to state here that regardless of what anyone has said in the thread, you have the right to express your own evaluation of the champions, and everyone else should respect it for what it is. But you should also consider that saying something is "overrated" or "underrated" is a form of challenge. When you throw down that challenge, you have to expect someone is going to pick it up. In fact, most people will assume that you're actually looking for an argument when you say that, because it is so obviously a challenge.

Remember these are discussion forums, and most discussion is about disagreement, not agreement. There's only one way to agree, but there are an infinite number of ways to disagree.
    Precisely. I welcome disagreement and discussion (as you've provided, as always. We certainly don't and won't agree on everything, but you always make very well reasoned cases and have valuable insight, whether I agree or no). A lot of people were just going "You just think that cause you suck". I don't especially care for those types of discussions.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Your missing one of the biggest parts of this game and that’s synergies.

Stark, blade and GR are STILL killing it in AW and AQ

Stark,MM,Venom,Vulture,Electro teams for ROL ( farming pots) LOL and variant 3.

• Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    edited October 2019
    He was ,but now namor and ghost is overrated
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    What's that disclaimer that Seatin's always going on about in those videos? something about 'hey this is my opinion, this game is very complicated' and all that...
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

block proficiency.. health pool..? what? What are you talking about? We don't talk about these things when playing with starky because he can ramp up WITHOUT any block damage no need to parry nothing.

Once you said these points it's obviously clear you don't know how starky is supposed to be played because I just defeated a deadpool on power reserve node now that obviously wasn't tough or anything for all the other BGTs too but all I had to do was sp1 sp1 and guess what sp1 into oblivion and when my power didn't come back to sp1 thats when you use a heavy and I did that on 3% health

I am just a bit above you content wise and I would say you are judging the champ without even playing with him properly. its one thing to not like him because of his playstyle many could say the same of ghost with her ridiculous hard level of skill required atleast all you gotta do wtih spidey is dash back a few times. No idea how you can diss spidey's playstyle but be fine with ghost's. its still a personal opinion so thats fine but anyone who says starky loses ground and is flimsy doesn't know how to properly use him and cannot just make judge him like that[I don't think even the youtubers you mentioned would have said that].
    you watch a lot of YT I do so too but I think personal experience is far better to judge champs than using youtubers as source. Even those youtubers have their own way of expressing these matters and I don't think they would compare starky to every bgt in seatin's list like that.
    In the current meta... that is I am guessing for the endgame players or close to endgame players and for that I agree with a lot of people here that those people don't bring a team of BGTs. this is my personal experience I myself take a team of sabre and blackpanther at times to deal with annoying nodes I take my r4/40 gwenpool to deal with thing while I do have both CORVUS AND GHOST as my top r4 5* champs. It's certain fights where every champ shines in the endgame and in my own personal list I have in my head I make a tier as 'The champs who can absolutely do anything at any moment' I add scarlet witch and stark spidey to it because at certain points of the game these two have taken me out of a pinch just like that and even surprised me and they continue to do so.

My woe is I had him as a 4* and can't use him in act6 or I wouldn't be making advice for rankup posts

Yes. If you play perfectly, never mess up, and never have to deal with bugs, Starky's block proficiency and health pool don't usually matter. I know how he works. I'm not deliberately blocking. But sometimes you do mess up. Sometimes you take unavoidable damage and he gets hurt a lot more than many other champs.
    Also Ghost is not crazy hard at all. Learn phase timing and hit counter and that's it. She's my main, and I personally find her far more enjoyable than Starky because you build her up by hitting the opponent. I hate spending time building poise.
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    I agree with this guy
    I mean i was overwhelmed when i first got him as a 4 ★,
    But he was my first god tier 4 star

Later on, i realised that his low block proficiency is a bane when fighting huge pi opponents
    He does take a bit damage even on parrying
    And takes a bit time to get poise charges
    I am not saying that sparky is a bad champ
    But in comparison to others, he falls short of certain abilities.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    There are other ways to admit that you don't like him rather than ranting in a looong post.
    You like him? K
    You don't like him? K
    Nobody cares.
    Personal opinions and discussions are always welcome but this ain't either.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    JohnHS said:

block proficiency.. health pool..? what? What are you talking about? We don't talk about these things when playing with starky because he can ramp up WITHOUT any block damage no need to parry nothing.

Once you said these points it's obviously clear you don't know how starky is supposed to be played because I just defeated a deadpool on power reserve node now that obviously wasn't tough or anything for all the other BGTs too but all I had to do was sp1 sp1 and guess what sp1 into oblivion and when my power didn't come back to sp1 thats when you use a heavy and I did that on 3% health

I am just a bit above you content wise and I would say you are judging the champ without even playing with him properly. its one thing to not like him because of his playstyle many could say the same of ghost with her ridiculous hard level of skill required atleast all you gotta do wtih spidey is dash back a few times. No idea how you can diss spidey's playstyle but be fine with ghost's. its still a personal opinion so thats fine but anyone who says starky loses ground and is flimsy doesn't know how to properly use him and cannot just make judge him like that[I don't think even the youtubers you mentioned would have said that].
    you watch a lot of YT I do so too but I think personal experience is far better to judge champs than using youtubers as source. Even those youtubers have their own way of expressing these matters and I don't think they would compare starky to every bgt in seatin's list like that.
    In the current meta... that is I am guessing for the endgame players or close to endgame players and for that I agree with a lot of people here that those people don't bring a team of BGTs. this is my personal experience I myself take a team of sabre and blackpanther at times to deal with annoying nodes I take my r4/40 gwenpool to deal with thing while I do have both CORVUS AND GHOST as my top r4 5* champs. It's certain fights where every champ shines in the endgame and in my own personal list I have in my head I make a tier as 'The champs who can absolutely do anything at any moment' I add scarlet witch and stark spidey to it because at certain points of the game these two have taken me out of a pinch just like that and even surprised me and they continue to do so.

My woe is I had him as a 4* and can't use him in act6 or I wouldn't be making advice for rankup posts

Yes. If you play perfectly, never mess up, and never have to deal with bugs, Starky's block proficiency and health pool don't usually matter. I know how he works. I'm not deliberately blocking. But sometimes you do mess up. Sometimes you take unavoidable damage and he gets hurt a lot more than many other champs.
    Also Ghost is not crazy hard at all. Learn phase timing and hit counter and that's it. She's my main, and I personally find her far more enjoyable than Starky because you build her up by hitting the opponent. I hate spending time building poise.
    So here's the thing, you're using a 2017 4 star champ for comparison in the current meta, while most endgame players including me who are talking about him have him at 5/65. I agree his health pool is low but a 5/65 solves that problem somewhat. I have both ghost and sparky at 5/65 and i use both of them in aw each war. Fun fact at 5/65 you don't need 10 poise charges to damage enemies, and I use him with suicides as well.

You know the meta has changed when champs are released specific counters to champions, like annhilus will go unstoppable as soon as he gets taunt on him, korg gets unstoppable when you dex, korg's specials can't be auto evaded, fury's specials cannot be evaded and so on.

So that takes us to my final opinion, sparky was my go to for all the things, he was my first r5, my first 2 labyrinth paths, and had been a staple in most of my aw. But now i get him in for specific fights, like all or nothing nodes, robots and other older characters in aw with ghost being my main.

Parry heavy strategy with sparky at 10 poise hitting 20k heavies is still op imo. I killed the 6.1.4 biohazard xbones with sparky and revives cause i didn't have a champ that could deal with bio hazard at that time.

1. He doesn't need a ramp up, just a few dexes here and there.
    2. He can deal with aon
    3. He can stun lock on power reserve
    4. Shock does 2x damage to robots
    5. If enemy is under taunt, you take less damage
    6. I'd say he's in the top 5 for labyrinth clearers
    7. Put on suicides and he'll hit so hard you don't need to launch specials
    8. Can counter evade with ensnare
    9. At 10 poise he'll hit 4/5 crit hits in a combo while above 50%
    10. He can deal with unblockable special nodes easily
    11. He can deal both physical damage and energy damage to deal with someone who has immunity against one of those.
    12. There are probably more uses but I'm yoo lazy to write them all

In the end, everyone has a playstyle, i can't quake and bake, you don't like dexing, ghost is great, still have to master some more aspects, so why criticise a champ that you don't like using while others do, it's not like they'll give you RTDs or something for not liking a champ. Just enjoy who you like playing with, every champ has a place in the game, even if it is trash, cause someone being trash will end up making someone else BGT.

As said in the incredibles: " If everyone will be a superhero, no one will be."
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Don't forget namor needs max sig to completely stop damage from thorns/electro, which isn't so easy to get for most people. And his ramp up takes way longer than starky

Not sure if you've played with starky but alot of the weaknesses you said can be avoided.

Aura of incineration damage is completely avoidable when using starky or any champion actually, just stay away.

Unless the unstoppable has a very long duration or keeps on triggering, starky can handle the fight. I use mine to fight juggernauts and UCs all the time without issue.

True strike also doesn't stop starky if you can dex the specials, in fact he won't randomly evade so that helps.

Korg thorns can be avoided by just using light attacks. I use starky to fight korg, even though building poise can be a problem there

I've never had regen fights that starky can't outdamage, only champs with insane health pools and regen that scales with their health like 1% regen rogue in variant he can't take.

Though electro and bleed/ poison fights are definitely his weakness. With suicides, making sure you kill the opponent with the sp2 can avoid recoil, or not using specials at all, his damage is still insane.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★
    My 5/65 Starky has blown through every daily epic quest boss in November with ease. I’d say that’s not overrated, since most of the champs I tried struggled with Doctor Doom. He, with some help from Blade, also just helped me complete the Uncollected monthly event without using resources. Now a 5/65 ghost with synergy team may have done the same, but I don’t have her higher than R3 yet. Either way, Starky is still really damn good.
  • tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    I agree, CapIW miles better.
  • Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    Do you hate stark spidey or stuff?
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    edited November 2019
    Says Starky is overrated because he doesn't have a lot of utility, only hits hard, evades specials, taunts and has minimal power control.

Proceeds to mention AA as a better champ despite having absolutely nothing left if ability to bleed or poison is removed or rendered counter-productive.

What's next? All nullify champs are "overrated" due to the game's changing meta of normalizing passive buffs?

Lol Come on now.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    He may not have a TON of utility (but I'd argue the emergency power drain and the evade lock both can be very helpful), but he hits like a tank and doesn't need to be awakened to do some massive damage. (Other high list champs like CapIW and AA that you mentioned need that to feel their full potential - which isn't a knock against them at full capacity but makes sparky helpful as soon as you pull him)

I've cleared a ton of content with my 5/65 Sparky. Yes, there are nodes he isn't great on, but that's true for most champs in this game. And given these things are all personal preference, and I like champs who can really deal the damage, he still takes a spot of "top champ" for me.