**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Making us grind 250m fights for features that should be in the base game?

If you havent been living under a rock and have checked out the new global milestones for fights won across the entire battle realm you will notice the fact that the features they are implementing for those milestones are features such as potion trade ins, Dungeon days, And gold arenas which are features that do deserve to be in the base game and lets be real they arent worth 250m fights each. For refference mcoc is estimated to have 750k - 1.5m active daily players so lets split it in the middle and say 1.1m are playing daily each player would have to complete 227 fights for one singular milestone that is insane. Yes there are cases to be made against this argument such as the value of the bonuses themselves but the two most valuable in my opinion the 500k gold arena and free alliance quests could very well be locked behind multiple times more fights than the first milestone. Im not angry kabam im just a little bit disapointed

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Gonna be fun watching the OP eat his words 2 weeks after the event starts. (Surfer is coming. You think people won’t grind insanely for him?)
  • Living under a rock? This news is still considered recent
  • Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171
    Grind? You already doing this and now they add rewards to it and you complain?
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    Anyways the event may be super underwhelming but at least the colossus buff and OML buff come out as well
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I see the title and I realize you are echoing Seatin.

I don't feel like he is right though. Yes, the rewards for the effort seem lackluster, but none of them should necessarily be freebies either. AQ maps for free? Nah.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

I don't feel like he is right though. Yes, the rewards for the effort seem lackluster, but none of them should necessarily be freebies either. AQ maps for free? Nah.

The added effort is zero though, 250 mil fights is nothing. It's just extra free stuff
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

There were plenty of posts before he recorded the video, check the timestamps. Use some critical thinking buddy
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Gonna be fun watching the OP eat his words 2 weeks after the event starts. (Surfer is coming. You think people won’t grind insanely for him?)

You mean the usual 300ish players that will likely put up 10 mil more than they usually do for a featured grind?
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    If they are putting this number my guess is that they recorded a slightly below total number for all milestones. So a bit extra should be required to complete.

I dont feel these rewards should be in the base game but I do feel the rewards are lacklustre and unimaginative.

It is free stuff so no complaints

I do feel the side quests have been bad this year. I feel we have not had anything good since "my little simbiote" quest and I miss the celebrity challenges.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    edited October 2019

Anyways the event may be super underwhelming but at least the colossus buff and OML buff come out as well

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    While I agree placing them behind milestones was a bad move. I was hoping for bette rewards for the first ever community style event. I’d liked to have seen those “rewards” just be part of the month, while the community event had things like 5/6 star shards, titles, profile pics, full crystals. Things that actually progress the game. But that’s just me.
  • Hey there,

I appreciate your input. I know that many of these items have been in the game before, but have never been meant as a permanent addition. All of the events that can be unlocked have always been special events, and will remain that way for special occasions, such as this.

We didn't want to do something with in-game items for our first iteration, since we can't do any kind of "minimum participation" just yet. That might be something we look into doing in the near future.

PS. 250 million fights is approximately what is done by Summoners on a slow week. We didn't want to make the Milestones too difficult to reach.
This discussion has been closed.