**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is Stark Enhanced Spider-Man overrated, but still very good?

2»

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    No, he's not among the best, but still not overrated
    i think he properly rated. Really great but not the absolute best at this point.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Yes, he's very good, but still overrated
    I still think sentinel is better than sparky(dont like his playstyle and hes not suicide friendly and not good for any immunities path or AQ)
    Thats why I have a rank 5 unduped sentinel and a rank 4 duped sparky who I hardly use
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    No, he's still among the best
    He’s one of the best, if not the best tech champion in the game.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    He's very good and easily one of the top champs, he's still my first choice for champs that I have trouble evading their specials whenever my ghost is in AW or AQ, but he's not as good as Seatin's 'Beyond God Tier' Title anymore. Still love his taunt and poise mechanics, but I won't take mine up to r5, too little health
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Etjama said:

May I be the first to use these words on you: You're a moron. Now that that's done, he still has some of the most useful mechanics in the game. He's a power control champ, he evades specials that you can't, he's a quest destroyer and a boss killer. I guarantee that if his poise charges were turned into persistent charges, we wouldn't have any of these people that hate on him.

Aw, thanks.
    TRONG94 said:

You already expressed your opinion in your previous post and collected enough others' thoughts about him. There is no point creating another post to have a louder argument. Another post can't make anything change. You don't like him then move on, rank up other champs you like to play.

The purpose of this poll is to have some cold hard numbers on what the community thinks. I'm not making an argument either way on this thread, but rather asking for feedback. Of which I got a lot. I feel like I just attacked some people's religion. Quite entertaining, really.
  • No, he's not among the best, but still not overrated
    He's still up there in damage, just replaced by better champions over the years. Good champ nonetheless.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    JohnHS said:

TRONG94 said:

You already expressed your opinion in your previous post and collected enough others' thoughts about him. There is no point creating another post to have a louder argument. Another post can't make anything change. You don't like him then move on, rank up other champs you like to play.

The purpose of this poll is to have some cold hard numbers on what the community thinks. I'm not making an argument either way on this thread, but rather asking for feedback. Of which I got a lot. I feel like I just attacked some people's religion. Quite entertaining, really.
    It’s actually really entertaining for the rest of us too don’t worry :wink:
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Power Reserve King
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    No, he's not among the best, but still not overrated
    People don’t put him in the ghost quake omega Corvus category anymore, most recognise a difference between the best and the best of the best
    DNA3000 said:

JohnHS said:

TRONG94 said:

The problem is the poll offers a false dichotomy that forces people to pick the lesser of a set of bad choices. The choice being offered is basically: is Sparky as good as Namor, or is he an overrated champ? I don't think Sparky is as good as Namor in general, but I don't think he's an overrated champ, because I don't think most people would say that Sparky is equal in value to champs like Namor.

I think Sparky is correctly valued as a top tier champ, but not quite the best champ in the top tier.
    That's literally what the second option is. That option says that he's not among the best of the best like Namor, but still very good and correctly valued. Did you miss that?

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    JohnHS said:

DNA3000 said:

JohnHS said:

TRONG94 said:

The problem is the poll offers a false dichotomy that forces people to pick the lesser of a set of bad choices. The choice being offered is basically: is Sparky as good as Namor, or is he an overrated champ? I don't think Sparky is as good as Namor in general, but I don't think he's an overrated champ, because I don't think most people would say that Sparky is equal in value to champs like Namor.

I think Sparky is correctly valued as a top tier champ, but not quite the best champ in the top tier.
    That's literally what the second option is. That option says that he's not among the best of the best like Namor, but still very good and correctly valued. Did you miss that?

No, your second option literally does not say that. Nowhere does your post actually differentiate between ‘top tier’ and ‘the best of the best’.

In both this post and your last, @DNA3000 has made some very pertinent points against your opinion, and you’ve not really addressed any of them.

Either way, I think you’ve gotten your answer. Sparky may not stand up to the absolute best the game has to offer, but he is not ‘overrated’ as people correctly recognise his inherent benefits and limitations, and appreciate him for the value he can bring to a well-rounded team or roster. Literally no one in 2019 claims that he’s the absolute best of the best, or that he’s better than champs like Namor, OR, or Ghost - if people are regarding him correctly, then how is he overrated?

^I’m not the first to say this, but either you haven’t seen the other comments stating the same thing, or you have and you just haven’t acknowledged it. Regardless, I think everything that needs to be said has been said. Cheers x

JohnHS said:

DNA3000 said:

JohnHS said:

TRONG94 said:

No, your second option literally does not say that. Nowhere does your post actually differentiate between ‘top tier’ and ‘the best of the best’.

In both this post and your last, @DNA3000 has made some very pertinent points against your opinion, and you’ve not really addressed any of them.

Either way, I think you’ve gotten your answer. Sparky may not stand up to the absolute best the game has to offer, but he is not ‘overrated’ as people correctly recognise his inherent benefits and limitations, and appreciate him for the value he can bring to a well-rounded team or roster. Literally no one in 2019 claims that he’s the absolute best of the best, or that he’s better than champs like Namor, OR, or Ghost - if people are regarding him correctly, then how is he overrated?

^I’m not the first to say this, but either you haven’t seen the other comments stating the same thing, or you have and you just haven’t acknowledged it. Regardless, I think everything that needs to be said has been said. Cheers x
    I still disagree, but I appreciate all the input. I now see how most of the community feels about it, and have seen various points, so I have, indeed, gotten the information I wanted out of this poll. Cheers to you too.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Yes, he's very bad, and massively overrated
    Meme tier. Garbage. Easily the worst champ in the game alongside IP, Joe Fixit, not DPXF, and Corvus
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    JohnHS said:

DNA3000 said:

JohnHS said:

TRONG94 said:

Actually, it doesn't say that. You added a significant phrase. Is Sparky "the best of the best?" Probably not. Is he one of the best champs in the game? I'd say so.

I'm not even sure I'd put Quake in the list of the absolute best of the best, because I think that while she has very unique mechanics that can make her devastating in lots of troublesome content, even ignoring her very high learning curve there are just a lot of situations where she doesn't work well in that mode. In that respect she's like Archangel. Amazing in the right circumstance, but can become extremely pedestrian in the wrong one. That's not the same thing as champs like Namor that have strong and less strong fights but have a lower downside when operating at a disadvantage.

So is Sparky one of the absolute best of the best champs? I wouldn't say so. But is Sparky among the list of champs you specify? I'd say so.
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    Your first post was wrong about so many things
    You need to let this go starky is amazing.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Yes, he's very bad, and massively overrated
    My cats breath smells like cat food.