**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Thanos Heal Prevention - Whats this garbage?

Comments

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    DalBot said:

Rektor said:

DalBot said:

Why focus on the degeneration and not at all on the fact that, umm, he shouldn't be regenerating and thus he should be unaffected by the node in the first place. THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED! Why is this mechanic broken? Why can't he simply swap in at 100% when the LMD is done? If this isn't fixed then I'm basically done with this game because it's completely disingenuous and another example of the game being stacked against the player.

Have a feeling that against this node they’re gonna make nick replace the decoy and immediately be at 30% health with no slow degeneration downward.

Meh

Used him today and that’s basically what happened. Better but still far from how it should be
    Yea. Easier to do this than to acknowledge that Nick’s ability description mentions nothing about regeneration
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Rektor said:

DalBot said:

Why focus on the degeneration and not at all on the fact that, umm, he shouldn't be regenerating and thus he should be unaffected by the node in the first place. THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED! Why is this mechanic broken? Why can't he simply swap in at 100% when the LMD is done? If this isn't fixed then I'm basically done with this game because it's completely disingenuous and another example of the game being stacked against the player.

Have a feeling that against this node they’re gonna make nick replace the decoy and immediately be at 30% health with no slow degeneration downward.

Meh

Used him today and that’s basically what happened. Better but still far from how it should be
    I've just been killing him off at the end of my last sec 3 fight. Is this no longer necessary at least?
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Today, back to 30%, still degenerates and dies. This is pathetic.

Another day, another completely arbitrary new behavior. This time he heals to 57% (?)before the degen kicks in 🤷🏻‍♂️

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    edited October 2019
    @DalBot , one video shows fighting Thanos still with 10 linked boosts on him, the other showing you intentionally letting him build to SP3 (unless he's got All-or-Nothing anyways ???).

Just trying to do videos to test out Nick against Thanos to see if there are problems ? Or is the design of using Nick such that you purposely let Thanos kill you off the 1st time and then try to take out Thanos with the 2nd instance of Nick ??

The 2nd one, could it be he only regen'd back to 57% because Thanos had ended up hitting you with 1 hit down to almost nothing immediately after 1st kill WHILE he was maybe restoring his health ?

@DalBot , one video shows fighting Thanos still with 10 linked boosts on him, the other showing you intentionally letting him build to SP3 (unless he's got All-or-Nothing anyways ???).

Just trying to do videos to test out Nick against Thanos to see if there are problems ? Or is the design of using Nick such that you purposely let Thanos kill you off the 1st time and then try to take out Thanos with the 2nd instance of Nick ??

The 2nd one, could it be he only regen'd back to 57% because Thanos had ended up hitting you with 1 hit down to almost nothing immediately after 1st kill WHILE he was maybe restoring his health ?

You do far more damage in the 2nd phase but there's not real benefit to killing him off as quickly as he did there IMO. There's no reason not to use that health naturally with parries throughout the fight then finish him at the end with the 2nd phase

You do far more damage in the 2nd phase but there's not real benefit to killing him off as quickly as he did there IMO. There's no reason not to use that health naturally with parries throughout the fight then finish him at the end with the 2nd phase
    Honestly I don't have much time to fight him during my work hours so using him more for the curiousity of seeing what happens quickly more than anything.
    DalBot said:

Honestly I don't have much time to fight him during my work hours so using him more for the curiousity of seeing what happens quickly more than anything.
    Gotcha. Nick is amazing for that fight though. I've been killing him off on the last fight in sec 3 before going into the Thanos fight lately. Hoping he goes back to working the way he used to. This was one of my last fights week before last when I have Nick on my team.

https://youtu.be/w9GQYznLBuk

DalBot said:

Gotcha. Nick is amazing for that fight though. I've been killing him off on the last fight in sec 3 before going into the Thanos fight lately. Hoping he goes back to working the way he used to. This was one of my last fights week before last when I have Nick on my team.

My thing is I run suicides since I use Brie Larsen and the synergy means she gets no ill effects AND gets 11% regen at the start of every fight. With Fury if I kill him off before then he would start the fight with the suicides and it's all downhill from there.
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

My thing is I run suicides since I use Brie Larsen and the synergy means she gets no ill effects AND gets 11% regen at the start of every fight. With Fury if I kill him off before then he would start the fight with the suicides and it's all downhill from there.
    Yeah all 3 versions of map 7 are suicide free for me currently so for now this is how I'm working it
    Honestly it's just depressing that this issue is clearly being looked at since there are different effects every day AND STILL they can't seem to get it right 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Back to full on heal block and dead... FIGURE THIS OUT AND FIX IT KABAM!!!

This is getting beyond ridiculous

Once again today, Nick comes in at 1% but with no ill effects, and dies on the very first parry.

How is this acceptable?
    So new more updates on this....
    So today he just goes back to 1% and... dies from the degeneration node on Thanos. Except... umm.. LMD IS SUPPOSED TO SHAKE ALL STATUS DEBUFFS UPON THE SWITCH!!! This inability to actually perform as intended, and Kabams unwillingness to actually address issues, is likely the final straw for me. I can't continue to put money in to a game that is untrustworthy.

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

So today he just goes back to 1% and... dies from the degeneration node on Thanos. Except... umm.. LMD IS SUPPOSED TO SHAKE ALL STATUS DEBUFFS UPON THE SWITCH!!! This inability to actually perform as intended, and Kabams unwillingness to actually address issues, is likely the final straw for me. I can't continue to put money in to a game that is untrustworthy.

Well kabam how no ide for that node the heal blok isn’t ther so he can’t shug it of but just no regeneration. One that node problem is kabam don’t ikow how much ther kil the game with one node just to counter one thing blade. Because he can shug of hela blok
    Been more than 3 weeks since we have had ANY acknowledgement on this issue and it seems like his interaction changes daily. What’s the word on this, or is it just another issue thrown by the wayside?
  • We are still looking into the issue with Nick Fury Degenerating while below 30% Health. The Heal Prevention should be preventing the healing from Nick's signature ability, though his sig ability should still prevent damage for the time he would normally be healing and then allow him to remain alive at 1% health. We're still investigating what is causing him to Degenerate while below 30% health and will update everyone as soon as we have more information on that front.
  • We are still looking into the issue with Nick Fury Degenerating while below 30% Health. The Heal Prevention should be preventing the healing from Nick's signature ability, though his sig ability should still prevent damage for the time he would normally be healing and then allow him to remain alive at 1% health. We're still investigating what is causing him to Degenerate while below 30% health and will update everyone as soon as we have more information on that front.

@Kabam Zibiit , wonder if the “Degen while below 30%” against Thanos is because of maybe the code being something like ...
    (1) when Fury takes over for Decoy, Degen starts happening right away, even while he “normally” would be Regen'ing to full 100% (non-HealPrevention nodes). Ie, maybe the software is not starting his Degen only upon reaching full health, it is probably starting right at the point that he takes over for Decoy.
    (2) and then “normally” that Degen would turn off because of a software trigger being “falling under 30%”.
    (3) so instead (with the Thanos Heal Prevention node), Fury is never allowed to Regen to above the 30% mark, so the software “trigger” to turn off the Degen is never reached. He has stayed under 30%, so he never actually “crosses” from above 30 to below 30, so the trigger to turn off Degen never happens.

???

• DaveX1992DaveX1992 Posts: 21
    By that logic, shouldn’t champions like warlock or mysterio with a passive heal block also prevent Nick Fury’s ability? (It’s not the case, I can provide videos) Just like thanos node would? If not, I’m 100% lost here.. we would now have heal block, passive heal block and heal prevention that would all work differently? Why make it simple when we can create unnecessary bugs...
    Wow now I need to try this ASAP!!
    Haji_Saab said:

DaveX1992 said:

By that logic, shouldn’t champions like warlock or mysterio with a passive heal block also prevent Nick Fury’s ability? (It’s not the case, I can provide videos) Just like thanos node would? If not, I’m 100% lost here.. we would now have heal block, passive heal block and heal prevention that would all work differently? Why make it simple when we can create unnecessary bugs...

Currently MODOK can do this and kill off NF straight from LMD
    Assuming killing the decoy with his sp1 would do this right?
    It didn’t work, tried 3 times with Modok and he would still go back up to 100% :(
This discussion has been closed.