**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Been demoted from leader? <MERGED THREADS>

1234568»

Comments

• WaddaboutmeWaddaboutme Posts: 129
    So the ability to promote and demote player has not been disabled then?
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I went from Leader to Member, a guy that's been with us for three days is now the leader.
  • AshleyyTweetsAshleyyTweets Posts: 68
    There needs to be some SERIOUS compensation for this, I can’t even do my war placement during war season, the guy that was promoted was a member that is in a time zone 7hrs ahead of mine and regardless has never done war placement. None of my officers can even promote me so I Can’t make any adjustments. You should of brought the game down as soon as you knew this was an issue, there seems to be emergency maintenance every other day but none for this and no in game messages to keep anyone up to date with what’s happening. I only found out because I use line app and concierge posted the link to this. Literally the worst thing that’s ever happened during my time playing, thank god I don’t have anyone vengeful in my alliance that could of caused some real damage.
  • "ditto" to what everyone else is saying.
  • Any idea when this might get resolved? The guy that got promoted to leader has only been an our alliance for a few days.
  • glad i'm not the only one, did however send a help request before i went to the forum..that'll teach me haha. Just hope it will be solved soon. they should shut down the AW too i cant even redo the whole grid a low life is now in our boss section
  • IbsaamIbsaam Posts: 5

• IbsaamIbsaam Posts: 5
    Need help #kabam #marvel #contestofchampions
  • We came across the same problem, I was demoted to the member
  • edited October 2019
    Hey everybody,

We are about to start the process of Reverting Alliance Leadership to the intended Leader very soon. Many of you have already done this yourself, and this should not affect you.

Some of you have extenuating circumstances that cannot be handles automatically, but please reach out to our Support team if you feel that you need more assistance.

We hope to have this concluded in the next hour or two.

EDIT: An hour was a little pessimistic. This process is complete.
  • Hey everybody,

We are about to start the process of Reverting Alliance Leadership to the intended Leader very soon. Many of you have already done this yourself, and this should not affect you.

Some of you have extenuating circumstances that cannot be handles automatically, but please reach out to our Support team if you feel that you need more assistance.

We hope to have this concluded in the next hour or two.

Hey @Kabam Miike please tell us the procedure to reach you out, incase if we need more assistance on the issue. Everyone can't post a problem about this issue and expect a solution here in the forum right?
  • DaBillsDaBills Posts: 647
    They are aware of this and working to set everything back to normal.
  • @Kabam Miike when can we expect the kick member function to be restored
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Do you not see the bright Green/Yellow banner stating that this an issue? They know and are aware. There's also a mega thread on it already. #readingishard
  • eggistaeggista Posts: 19
    edited October 2019

...ou yeaaah
  • VtotheOVtotheO Posts: 116
    Is there an estimate for that yet? Your lovely system found us a wonderful gem that has been inactive for over a day now. We were hoping he’d show up to help in AQ and place in AW...but nope, nothing. Please let us know when this will be reactivated. And anyone out there that is looking for an alliance...message me. Please have a minimum 6.5 prestige and be able to handle yourself in map 5 and AW simultaneously. We can set up a discussion on Line.
  • CynchoticCynchotic Posts: 186
    I have people acting all kinds of crazy here, and NOTHING I can do about it! FIX THIS ALREADY OR SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!
  • They had put a temporary hold on kicking alliance members while the worked on the leader swap bug
  • GhepburniiiGhepburniii Posts: 16
    Ok, so I've been reading a lot, and from what I understand, apparently, KABAM, will demoted the leader and/or creator of an alliance to member and place any random player as leader, if such leader/creator is idle for a period of time, so, we are not allowed to have a life, family and/or a job? are we supposed to be connected 24/7/365? Well it comes as no surprise, since, to me and maybe a lot of gamers, this game is runned by and administered by machines. SMH.
  • The Ability to Kick Alliance Members has now been restored. Thank you all for your patience.

As mentioned earlier, some of you have extenuating circumstances that cannot be handles automatically, but please reach out to our Support team if you feel that you need more assistance.
  • SmileySE19_SmileySE19_ Posts: 20
    edited December 2019

@Kabam Miike i have suffered from this bug aswell ive been leader of my alliance for over 4 years now and i log on one day and im not leader anymore can this be sorted out asap please i cant believe this has happened ..

• @Kabam Miike i have suffered from this bug aswell ive been leader of my alliance for over 4 years now and i log on one day and im not leader anymore can this be sorted out asap please i cant believe this has happened ..

@SmileySE19_ , Above problem was a very brief but widespread issue that occurred for only about 1 or 2 days way back in October.

Your situation is probably because of an extended absence, whereby being gone longer that (30-60 days ??) will result in Kabam algorithm for promoting an active officer to Leader, instead of keeping an inactive leader in place.
    Used to be something Officers could request of Kabam, but they have made the process automatic for all alliances now (actually was implemented around that same October timeframe).

So either this widespread October bug happened to your alliance back in October, but you never realized it until now (although, they had supposedly re-promoted all affected Leaders at that time). Or you had been inactive too long after then, whereby the automatic demotion would have occurred to you since that time.
  • @SmileySE19_ Your extended absence apparently has resulted in you getting swapped out. At least judging by what was said above. You can try to send in a support ticket, but that may not have any effect anymore. Truth is, they can't help you here regardless of the bug that occurred was back in October. Can't hurt to try to contact Support. Just be prepared for this to be permanent. You can also try to contact the current leader and ask them if they'd be willing to give it back.

@Kabam Miike i have suffered from this bug aswell ive been leader of my alliance for over 4 years now and i log on one day and im not leader anymore can this be sorted out asap please i cant believe this has happened ..

@SmileySE19_ Your extended absence apparently has resulted in you getting swapped out. At least judging by what was said above. You can try to send in a support ticket, but that may not have any effect anymore. Truth is, they can't help you here regardless of the bug that occurred was back in October. Can't hurt to try to contact Support. Just be prepared for this to be permanent. You can also try to contact the current leader and ask them if they'd be willing to give it back.

This is a joke ive been a leader for my alliance for years and i get removed without warning because ive had a daughter thats messed up ive put tons of money into the game and played it for days on end i find this very unfair i had made most of my alliance members aware of my absence and so other people had taken a break at the same time from the game so my alliance was not active the person that is leader now is a random not someone that was in my alliance for ages i left it open the last time i was on the game so randoms joined if i would had known that i could get removed i would have never opened it so now im having to beg back for my own alliance from some that i dont even know 😡😡😡

• This is a joke ive been a leader for my alliance for years and i get removed without warning because ive had a daughter thats messed up ive put tons of money into the game and played it for days on end i find this very unfair i had made most of my alliance members aware of my absence and so other people had taken a break at the same time from the game so my alliance was not active the person that is leader now is a random not someone that was in my alliance for ages i left it open the last time i was on the game so randoms joined if i would had known that i could get removed i would have never opened it so now im having to beg back for my own alliance from some that i dont even know 😡😡😡

If you and all your officers had gone inactive for some months, and left you ally set to OPEN, then basically you were leaving your ally in a bad situation in that even if others would have joined they would not have been able to do 2 of the most major Alliance stuff (AQ and AW).

And in fact, your alliance profile shows that the last time you had even competed in any AW Seasons was way back in Season 1 (we are now in Season 14).

Even if the new automatic method of replacing inactive Leaders was not recently implemented, Kabam has always allowed active members/officers to petition to replace inactive Leaders with next-in-line active people. And in your case, maybe there were no officers who had been active either, and so they dug into normal Members of your ally to promote as Leader.

Just contact the current leader, and ask him to re-promote you. And if that doesn’t work then contact all the other members who are still around that were with you, and ask them to contact current Leader too (and threaten to all leave if he doesn’t). It’s not as if your Alliance has built up a good War Rating that would need to be rebuilt in a new alliance. And even if your ally has some money in the Treasury that would be lost by starting over, you are far away from even needing to be spending anything from Treasury to start any higher level AQ anyways.
This discussion has been closed.