Champion Spotlight - Old Man Logan

Comments

• AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 591 ★★★
    issamaf80 said:

Tedders said:

i hope these bleed regen and fury numbers are for the max 4 star not the 5 star

I think its always for the 4 star on the spotlight, looking at the regen numbers that has to be the 4 star version, doesnt make sense for a r5, i really hope thats the case, i wish they would answer the questions about his existing synergies and give some info on the regen and fury numbers for the 5 star, although i doubt they will
    136+136 = 275 so it has not been nerf the state in this post are for a maxed 5 star
    Wut? Are u saying the spotlight is for a 5 star? Bc it isn't
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

issamaf80 said:

Tedders said:

i hope these bleed regen and fury numbers are for the max 4 star not the 5 star

I think its always for the 4 star on the spotlight, looking at the regen numbers that has to be the 4 star version, doesnt make sense for a r5, i really hope thats the case, i wish they would answer the questions about his existing synergies and give some info on the regen and fury numbers for the 5 star, although i doubt they will
    136+136 = 275 so it has not been nerf the state in this post are for a maxed 5 star
    Wut? Are u saying the spotlight is for a 5 star? Bc it isn't
    ops sorry its for a maxed 4 star

4 star fury is 136
    5 star fury is 275 like the beta
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

issamaf80 said:

Torah13 said:

It seems that you just made him worse. Congrats guys! You just keep letting us down.

hes still like the beta the state in the spotlight are for a maxed 4 star the only changed thing is hes regen cool down time
    I think the passive bleeds used to have a lower chance to trigger (45%) but a way longer duration (14s). That seems to be, in net effect, a nerf to the passive bleeds.

I *think* the heal has the same effective strength but longer cycle time. In beta I think the heal was 5% over 10 seconds, and now it is 10% over 20 seconds. That's problematic if that's the only change you make. The heal is nominally stronger than OML currently has: OML currently passively heals 0.4%/sec, and the new heal is 0.5%/sec. But because specials nullify the heal, how often you use specials reduces the true value of the heal. The longer the cycle time, the longer you potentially have to wait for it to come back. There's a bit of complexity to the situation, but you need 80% uptime or better to beat the original heal, and that basically means not using specials, except maybe in the last 4 seconds of the cycle. That means either being real stingy with specials or not using them at all, which basically gives away a lot of the damage buff OML got with the revamp.

My suggestion in beta was to make the heal recycle faster than its duration. In other words, have the heal buff last for ten seconds but refresh every five seconds, so if the player uses a special they don't have to wait as long for it to come back. Or make it refresh every ten seconds but last for twenty seconds. Something, anything to allow players to use specials without having their heals just disappear.

In both the original beta and now the release version, players trying to leverage the damage buffs in the revamp by using specials end up getting less heal AND less bleed protection than the original OML. That kind of trade off makes sense when you are creating an ultra high performance champ. You want to force the player to choose between super high offense or super high defense. But OML was a bottom feeder - that's why he was being buffed. Forcing players to choose between the new offensive buffs you gave him at the costs of being even worse on damage mitigation is a nonsensical choice to build into a champion you're trying to encourage people to play.

The correct thing should have been to keep the buff at ten second duration, and change the refresh time to five seconds. Or keep the refresh at ten seconds and change the duration to twenty seconds. But in the spotlight configuration, I would have to say that if players actually want the damage buffs the devs put into OML, then OML's damage mitigation was overall nerfed from his original configuration. You're going to have less heal and less bleed protection, if you play remotely aggressively on offense. And nerfing the survivability of a low performance champ seems completely nonsensical to me.
    hmm interesting
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 591 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Man nerfing the duration to 5 secs is gonna make it alot harder to have 15 when u launch a special especially unduped
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 1,224 ★★★★
    What the heck with the rapid-fire deletions? I thought I had valid questions.

Do you need to already have 5+ furies when the special is initiated to make it unblockable?

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Why don’t you all wait till some gameplay comes. He might be great. Anything is an improvement of what he use to be like.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 344 ★★
    I read these things a couple times and then go play the champ and then remember none of it. It takes like a couple rounds of reading and then playing to really feel I have that grasp.

Looks like a good champ now. The awakened ability will help maintain the bleed for the furies but certainly not required. I just duped my 5* the other day so I'm excited to take him out
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 2,332 ★★★★★
    Can a mod please answer why the massive lowering of OML abilities here? Why even buff him at this point when you're taking away his regen almost entirely if you want to get any sort of damage output. The fact that they just ignore every post here says yet again that they're full of it when they say they care about the feedback of the community. At least it's out before black Friday so when I see their deals I can remember how foolish it would be to give them my money.
  • We've had some questions about what changes were made to Colossus between the beta and now, and have some more information about it for everyone here.

We'd also like to remind everyone that the stats for abilities in Spotlights are for 4-Star Champions, so if it looks like the stats of his abilities are lower than a 5-Star in the beta, that would be why.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 1,818 ★★★★
    Love it!

Love it!

Serious question, what exactly do you love about it? I'm honestly not sure he comes out any better than he currently is. Of all the champs that have been reworked this is far and away the biggest disappointment which is a shame since i was really excited he was getting buffed.
  • zeezee57 said:

Love it!

Serious question, what exactly do you love about it? I'm honestly not sure he comes out any better than he currently is. Of all the champs that have been reworked this is far and away the biggest disappointment which is a shame since i was really excited he was getting buffed.
    Well, if you don't need any damage mitigation at all because you play well enough to never get hit, OML is significantly better. But if you play that well, OML is a champ you're likely only going to be playing in order to win a bet.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Love it!

The only thing to get is excited about is his Crit Bleed on SP2, but his Crit Rate is so low you are going to drive yourself crazy trying to get it to proc. He will now be the poor man’s Domino.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 254
    As his ability accuracy can not be decreased, similar to Mysterio, does this mean he won’t proc a critical failure against Domino?
    DNA3000 said:

zeezee57 said:

Love it!

Well, if you don't need any damage mitigation at all because you play well enough to never get hit, OML is significantly better. But if you play that well, OML is a champ you're likely only going to be playing in order to win a bet.
    Wouldn't the combo of damage plus mitigation be what makes OML unique in some way? Take away regen and bleed resistance and you have nothing but damage in what could only be seen as a subpar package compared to an incredibly stacked mutant class. Why would anyone want to rank him as a pure damage dealer when it's already done significantly better by half the class already? Also in endgame content you don't need to get hit for regen to be highly valuable, and the bleed resistance value comes in dealing with nodes, not being hit imo.
    buffajr said:

As his ability accuracy can not be decreased, similar to Mysterio, does this mean he won’t proc a critical failure against Domino?

His abilities aren’t 100%, so he’ll still crit fail. She doesn’t have to make them fail, they just need to fail.
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 326 ★★

We've had some questions about what changes were made to Colossus between the beta and now, and have some more information about it for everyone here.

We'd also like to remind everyone that the stats for abilities in Spotlights are for 4-Star Champions, so if it looks like the stats of his abilities are lower than a 5-Star in the beta, that would be why.

Does passive bleed duration also increase for 5 star.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 223 ★★
    Why the h**k don’t I see anyone talking about the Mysterio synergy? Unless I’m missing something +10% health every sp1 looks great!
    Webby72 said:

Why the h**k don’t I see anyone talking about the Mysterio synergy? Unless I’m missing something +10% health every sp1 looks great!

We’re primarily talking about OML here and his isn’t a flat 10% increase, so there’s not much interest in it.
  • Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 2,955 ★★★★★
    Well lets test the final product before lifting the pitchfork then we will see