**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What exactly changed between the Beta and Now?

2»

Comments

• TeddersTedders Posts: 128 ★★
    I don't understand why OML healing went from a passive to an active buff , it feels more like a nerf than a rework, i was in the beta an liked his passive bleed mechanics, the 12 second duration made it easy to get to 15 stacks for a sp2 and i can understand why it was shortened....but to 5 secs? that seems way to short for end game content when you have to bait out specials and deal with harder nodes. Even with his sig it only increases passive bleed duration to 20 seconds down from 48 seconds in beta
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Tedders said:

I don't understand why OML healing went from a passive to an active buff , it feels more like a nerf than a rework, i was in the beta an liked his passive bleed mechanics, the 12 second duration made it easy to get to 15 stacks for a sp2 and i can understand why it was shortened....but to 5 secs? that seems way to short for end game content when you have to bait out specials and deal with harder nodes. Even with his sig it only increases passive bleed duration to 20 seconds down from 48 seconds in beta

Yeah I feel like OML (and Maybe Colossus) needs another Beta because clearly 1 didn't work out the balancing, I know it'd be infuriating to have to wait longer but clearly no ones happy with his current form rightfully so btw...
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★

How come u didnt mention the MAJOR change to OML which is the duration of his passive bleeds being TurboNerfed into thw ground from 14 secs to 5 secs, doesnt much matter that the chance was increased as u got plenty at 45% its the duration that matters. I really cant grasp how this would be a worth the wait change, honestly i dont believe you were the one who was saying that but does that seem worth the wait to you?

I just dont get how your team can spout nonsense like that.... Y'all literally made it seem like you were tuning them up and that patience would be rewarded and you did the opposite. Is your intention to get people excited for things like this or is it to further discredit what small credibility you guys have with the community? Im not being rude, just honest... These are fair questions and the fact that you omitted this change from your summary of changes leads me to believe youre aware of the fact that his main passive bleed mechanic was severely chopped up.

Let me ask you this.... Would it not be better to say that youre having the delay to look at giving a slight numbers buff to a few of colossus abilities and that OML passive bleed duration seemed too powerful with its original duration as it made it possible to almost always have 15 passives when launching a special, even unduped(cant see how that would be a bad thing if you actually want people to play him.) And that you were looking to possibly tune down the duration so he didnt always have 15 when using specials and these passives powering his furies powering his crit bleeds was too strong.

Instead you guys went with "making changes that will be worth the wait and get you excited." How do you as a player of the game and a mod justify that kind of blatant misrepresentation of what was actually going on? Please dont delete this and give me an honest answer because i almost always give u guys the benefit of the doubt but after hours spent in beta, and at least an hour giving my feedback it just feela bad. It really does.

You bring up some Great points and I agree, though I don't know about you but I feel like they're just going to keep ignoring this and trying to sweep it under the rug till we forget about it or get to the point where we know nothing's going to change like they seem to be doing a Lot for almost the whole year... It's not even like they don't care anymore, but that they are intentionally trying to screw with us and making the worst possible decisions and I Would Love To Be Wrong but Kabam you haven't shown me anything this year to make me or most of the community think other wise.
    I think youre right, i havent seen the duration nerf and an explanation for the changes will be worth the wait angle addressed by a mod in any thread
  • NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118

I feel a little bad that they obviously put a lot of work into the OML rework and it’s getting slagged. It just wasn’t necessary. It’s like I sent back a bland, cold pepperoni pizza and the chef spent two hours putting together some weirdness with artisanal jams and pepperoni foam when all I wanted was a fresh pizza with more pepperoni and a little more seasoning in the sauce. It didn’t have to go so wrong. Now I’m thinking Kabam could have spent those months really getting dialed in on making Magneto not suck and just buffed OML to relevance in an afternoon.

Man this is the BEST analogy I have seen for this so far!! Primo comment my friend.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious if you need to understand how we as a community feel about these changes it took you FOREVER to make. This is exactly how the majority of us feel. Something that would have been a simple tweak like increasing the regen and fury damage a bit more to put him closer to champs like domino and namor. Instead you took another 4 weeks to make both of these champs WORSE than when they got tested.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think it’s best to see how the changes actually work in game before we start coming for their heads. Plenty of champs look good on paper
    (Anihulus) and terrible on paper (Corvus).

Every champ is not designed to be this god tier champion or even an above average champion.

I’m sure we will see some pretty awesome gameplay from some youtubers. I seen some great suggestions in here; but I think we really need to give kabam for going back to the drawing boards with these champs in the first place.

Texas_11 said:

I think it’s best to see how the changes actually work in game before we start coming for their heads. Plenty of champs look good on paper

Every champ is not designed to be this god tier champion or even an above average champion.

I’m sure we will see some pretty awesome gameplay from some youtubers. I seen some great suggestions in here; but I think we really need to give kabam for going back to the drawing boards with these champs in the first place.

That's not what we're talking about, it's the fact that they took 2 Extra Months to be released and in that time Kabam said the changes made would make them better like they knew they could be and it'd be worth the wait. But then after all the Hyping done on Their Part and waiting it turns out they unnecessarily weakened OML and to a lesser extent Colossus from the Beta Point, which makes absolutely no sense Champion Wise and no sense when we look back at again Their messages to the community Hyping Up the Rework even more acting like the changes were making them Better and not Muted.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    What is the next 2 updated champs ? Hulkbustah and DD netflix ?
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    looking at this a total of 8 months work on oldman logan and colossus (i am assuming they assigned two guys for these buffs) they could have just given that guy list of 20 champions (sentry,loki,jane foster,vulture,hulkbuster,etc) and said just male this guys better then what they r now, they dont need much work,just play with numbers and limitation and see how it goes!!
    i am sure giving vulture a stacking and stronger incinerate ,decoy buff,sp2/sp1 debufffs turned to buff and longer duration would make him lot better, so better one could argue that he'd R5 deserving champ,
    giving jane foster chance to stack staggers while opponent is shocked (no need for stuns every combo) or stealing some x% of power while shocked,giving bit of utility would make her usable ,getting absolutely useless champs like these after 3 months of grind for 6* shards just isnt fun ,i quit game for 2-3 weeks everytime i open 6* !!!
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Hey there, we’ve seen some questions from players about what exactly changed between the beta and now and we wanted to outline those below. Also, we’d like to point out that the stats for abilities in Spotlights are for 4-Star Champions, so if it looks like his stats are lower than a 5-Star in the beta, that would be why.

Colossus

• Old Mechanic
    • At the start of the fight, Colossus gains 1 indefinite Armor Up Buff for each #X-Men Champion on his team, including himself.

• New Mechanic
    • At the start of the fight, Colossus gains a number of indefinite Armor Up Buffs equal to 2 plus the number of X-Men Champions on his team, including himself.
    Part of the feedback we received about Colossus in the beta was that he was taking too long for players to be able to ramp up his damage. We made this change to allow him to begin the fight with more Armor Up Buffs, which increases his overall Critical Damage and damage output. This will allow him to start at a higher point on the damage ramp than he would before.
    • Beta Tuning for Signature Ability (Based on a 5-Star)
    • Colossus has a 12-37% Chance to convert an expiring Armor Up Buff into a permanent one.

• New Tuning for Signature Ability (Based on a 5-Star)
    • Colossus has a 18-45% Chance to convert an expiring Armor Up Buff into a permanent one.
    He also received an increase to the chance that his signature ability will convert an expiring Armor Up Buff into a permanent one. This will allow the player to ramp up more quickly if they have their signature ability. This will turn more of their temporary Armor Up Buffs into indefinite ones and keep the player ramping up their power throughout the fight in a more reliable way.

Additionally, during the beta, we had synergy bonuses for Omega Red and Emma Frost sitting on the beta variant of Colossus. This was to test the proposed changes to the existing synergy bonuses that those 2 Champions already has access to. While we would have liked to keep their old tuning, it just became completely overpowered because Colossus has so many more Armor Up Buffs during an average fight that he used to and so we made the decision to lower their potency. In the update, these synergy bonuses will live on Omega Red and Emma Frost just like they did before, but with the new, reduced tuning.
    • Omega Red Synergy “Metal Mayhem”
      Old Value for Colossus: +20% Attack Rating per Armor Up Buff
      New Value for Colossus: +2% Attack Rating per Armor Up Buff

• Emma Frost Synergy “Impenetrable Hide”
      Old Value for Colossus: +15% Power Rate per Armor Up Buff
      New Value for Colossus: +2% Power Rate per Armor Up Buff

Lastly, the Feel Cyttorak’s Embrace synergy had a display error during the beta that showed it giving Colossus +2% Attack Rating per Armor Up Buff, instead of +1%, which is what it was designed to be and what it was actually operating at during the beta test.

Old Man Logan
    After the beta, in light of the fact that Old Man Logan’s Regeration was made into a Buff and is now also tied to his damage output and can be spent to gain Fury Buffs during his Special Attacks, we increased the amount of healing it gives him, from 9% to 10% Max health over 20 seconds. There was also a display error in the beta that was saying this Regeneration occurred every 10 seconds instead of every 20 seconds, as he was designed and as he was doing in the beta.
    What about the passive bleeds going from 14 seconds to 5? You'll proc them at a higher rate but with such a short duration he'll need to be awakened, and even then be reliant on RNG to extend the duration. So in the beta getting 10-15 bleeds turned into furies was common even unduped but won't be possible in the same scenario now.

its 5 sec from the beta so he didnt get nerfed
    issamaf80 said:

zeezee57 said:

Hey there, we’ve seen some questions from players about what exactly changed between the beta and now and we wanted to outline those below. Also, we’d like to point out that the stats for abilities in Spotlights are for 4-Star Champions, so if it looks like his stats are lower than a 5-Star in the beta, that would be why.

Colossus

• Old Mechanic
    • At the start of the fight, Colossus gains 1 indefinite Armor Up Buff for each #X-Men Champion on his team, including himself.

• New Mechanic
    • At the start of the fight, Colossus gains a number of indefinite Armor Up Buffs equal to 2 plus the number of X-Men Champions on his team, including himself.
    Part of the feedback we received about Colossus in the beta was that he was taking too long for players to be able to ramp up his damage. We made this change to allow him to begin the fight with more Armor Up Buffs, which increases his overall Critical Damage and damage output. This will allow him to start at a higher point on the damage ramp than he would before.
    • Colossus has a 12-37% Chance to convert an expiring Armor Up Buff into a permanent one.

• Colossus has a 18-45% Chance to convert an expiring Armor Up Buff into a permanent one.
    He also received an increase to the chance that his signature ability will convert an expiring Armor Up Buff into a permanent one. This will allow the player to ramp up more quickly if they have their signature ability. This will turn more of their temporary Armor Up Buffs into indefinite ones and keep the player ramping up their power throughout the fight in a more reliable way.

Additionally, during the beta, we had synergy bonuses for Omega Red and Emma Frost sitting on the beta variant of Colossus. This was to test the proposed changes to the existing synergy bonuses that those 2 Champions already has access to. While we would have liked to keep their old tuning, it just became completely overpowered because Colossus has so many more Armor Up Buffs during an average fight that he used to and so we made the decision to lower their potency. In the update, these synergy bonuses will live on Omega Red and Emma Frost just like they did before, but with the new, reduced tuning.

Lastly, the Feel Cyttorak’s Embrace synergy had a display error during the beta that showed it giving Colossus +2% Attack Rating per Armor Up Buff, instead of +1%, which is what it was designed to be and what it was actually operating at during the beta test.

Old Man Logan
    After the beta, in light of the fact that Old Man Logan’s Regeration was made into a Buff and is now also tied to his damage output and can be spent to gain Fury Buffs during his Special Attacks, we increased the amount of healing it gives him, from 9% to 10% Max health over 20 seconds. There was also a display error in the beta that was saying this Regeneration occurred every 10 seconds instead of every 20 seconds, as he was designed and as he was doing in the beta.
    What about the passive bleeds going from 14 seconds to 5? You'll proc them at a higher rate but with such a short duration he'll need to be awakened, and even then be reliant on RNG to extend the duration. So in the beta getting 10-15 bleeds turned into furies was common even unduped but won't be possible in the same scenario now.

It was a 45% chance for 14 seconds in the beta
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

issamaf80 said:

zeezee57 said:

Colossus

• Old Mechanic

• New Mechanic

Old Man Logan

Nope the image is from the beta
    https://youtu.be/47h8SQaa3tw
    Go to the video end

Its still 5 sec
    issamaf80 said:

zeezee57 said:

Colossus

• Old Mechanic

• New Mechanic

Old Man Logan

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

zeezee57 said:

Colossus

• Old Mechanic

• New Mechanic

Old Man Logan

Nope the image is from the beta
    https://youtu.be/47h8SQaa3tw
    Go to the video end

Its still 5 sec

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=66NpBUijI1I&t=304s

2:55

Said screw it and went ahead with Rank 4ing him, since 1 this is probably the best time to do it with these two Events being on at the same time and 2 I was going to Rank 4 him no matter what since I could use the Immunities and his other Utility.

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Hopefully Kabam will take this experience to heart for future buff/reworks.
    Look at the champs. OML actually had tools and abilities, they just sucked by way of being weak and unreliable. Colossus barely had anything beyond being bleed immune and a crappy armor up that procced every once in a while.

People are happy with Colossus from what I can see because he actually has some space to play and can do some things now.

People are annoyed with OML because they took the stuff he had and weirded it up in a way that no one asked for and could be seen as less useful post-rework than if they left him alone.

If the rework won’t tick the boxes of what players will find useful and fun (not always what players ask for), maybe it should go back to the lab for another look.

Maybe when the reworks hit the beta there should be conceptual options* or something. These betas all so far have seemed like 98% done deals where the player input was for almost nothing.

*OML “healing factor needs a goose“ build where his regen passive procs when he gets a bleed passive and he sig converts bleed debuff to passive vs the OML that was in beta, semi-wonked damage potential with a dusting of regen. Colossus what we got vs a build where he can hold block to brace himself to build crazy high resistance to all damaging effects but loses that protection when he attacks or gets stunned. 2 weeks of each or something.

Texas_11 said:

I know what you mean and would normally agree with you.. However this is different bc in the case of OML i know exactly how hes gonna be, i was in the beta and tested him for hours. Hes one of my favorites marvel wise and i was beyond hyped he was getting buffed and have now been waiting actual months for this and then today when the spotlight dropped i didnt think a single thing changed from the beta bc it is very similar but then i reread it a few times and with a sinking feeling i realized that very little had indeed changed, but the 14 second passives had been replaced with 5 second passives and besides regen duration that was literally it.

so its very easy to imagine how he will play, and with the dupe and a decent sig it will likely be pretty similar, still not as good but close but unduped i think its gonna be a real pain in the butt to get a high number of the bleeds while trying to bait specials and whatever else is going on in the fight... 5 seconds is not a long time for the way this mechanic works, with 14 seconds you could get there, and tbh it was glorious. Wish they buffed his crit rate and kept the 14 seconds, i was honestly foolish enough to think it was probably something like that they were adjusting....

15 furies every sp2 the crit bleeds with 15 furies i just don't think itll be the same with 4 or 5 maybe more if u can get a few quick combos/parry or intercept into another combo then sp2 u could get alot with 75% chance but before u could just play absolutley normal and get the max almost everytime... Now you'll have to be very, very aggressive to do that unduped.

I just cant see a good reason for it. At r5 and 15 furies the bleeds were tasty but he didn't really even hit that hard. At r4 with 15 furies.....FIFTEEN furies he was doing like 5k mediums. Why would they nerf the duration that severely maybe 10 seconds ok fine but 5 seconds? Its dumb.

It almost feels like a Gamora type buff. Really fun to play and can hit some sweet damage but a little impractical and somewhat poorly thought out and executed. Also, its made all the more frustrating bc its something thats very close to being great but due to a few shortsighted and unnecessary changes just kind of isnt. Im SURE he will be a blast to do some fights with but for serious fights im not seeing it. Why would u make it so u remove the regen on specials? Why make me choose?

I would be willing to bet that 9/10 of the surveys turned in after the beta said something to the effect of "dont remove regen on specials, isn't necessary bc u get plenty of passives that last 14 seconds, dont need to convert the regen. Oh and please make it passive again lol" what was the point of the beta feedback? The months of delay? The false promises of better then the beta OML and Colossus to come?

They for a fact made oml worse, colossus maybe not but OML 100% worse. He isnt better and it wasnt worth the wait, bc i would much prefer to have him how he was in beta and not have waited at all. So, they lied and i think its really lame to do that and i don't understand it. Idk it really bothered me

I hear ya, they just made him more signature dependent I think.

Good insight though. I get where you are coming from.
    edited November 2019
    Could be that they made the Regen 20 seconds so you have more time to get the passive bleeds on (with signature)

Which is very close to what it would
    Take you to get to an SP2 . Last 5 seconds left you could Convert the Regen to a fury and then it would proc right away.

So with the proper loop you will still have infinite Regen if timed correctly.

I don’t think it’s a mater of sacrificing anything. Only thing that sucks is turning his regen into a passive, which I think they had to do in order for it to be consumed.

I’m also thinking that with 10 second regen , players would have to sacrifice a full 10 seconds of regen to capitalize on their passive bleeds.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I like Colossus much better and will not be playing with OML outside of arena.