**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A message from the Collector

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Collector: Summoner, you've already proven yourself by beating Thanos. Now you've beaten the Maestro himself. Congratulations!
Summoner: Thanks, Taneleer Tivan. I can call you Taneleer, right?
Collector: No, it is the Collector for you, mister!
Summoner: Why do you assume I'm a man?
Collector: Statistics, duh! Anyway, as a reward for your valour I award you with this title the Conqueror. I also upgrade your daily and four-hourly free crystals, give you a discount to the absolutely glorious premium hero crystals and other crystals in the crystal vault and a new monthly calendar... Wait.
Summoner: What's wrong?
Collector: I'm sorry, but I made a mistake. You'll not get an upgraded monthly calendar.
Summoner: Why? That doesn't make sense.
Collector: That's why. You'll need to beat me first.
Summoner: Wait, if I still only have the calendar as Proven, then I'll only get 4* crystal shards.
Collector: Correct, and still a worthy reward for you.
Summoner: But to beat you, I can use some 5* champions.
Collector: Other Summoners have preceded you and could defeat me, although I hate to admit, with maxed-out 4* champions!
Summoner: I get that, but then is then and now is now. We're not in 2015 anymore. The Contest has advanced. There are challenges beyond you. How am I supposed to bring back your daughter if I'm barred to use any 4* champion?
Collector: The 4* crystal shards will grant you enough 5* crystal shards.
Summoner: So let me get this straight: last month you gave me 250 5* crystal shards at the end of the month, two till three times, but this month I'll have to do with two till three times 750 4* crystal shards. In a year, this means roughly 23,250 4* crystal shards or 11.625 4* crystals which, if they all give me a dupe, 3,025 5* crystal shards. However, if you would give me the previous calendar, I would be getting 7,750 5* crystal shards. I miss almost the double amount!
Collector: *sobs* I can't beat your logic, Summoner! I want my baby girl back so badly but I can't give you monthly 5* crystal shards!
Summoner: But how? You're the Collector, an Elder of the Universe!
Collector: There are powers beyond that of the Elders, beyond the Beyonder, beyond even the fearsome Talking Chair!
Summoner: Who are they that they scare you?
Collector: I do not know, I call them The Ones Above The One Above All. They have made this Contest and I just do their bidding.
Summoner: Where can I find them?
Collector: In a land far away from the Battlerealm, known by its harsh winters, obnoxiously polite people and their main export product: Ryan Reynolds. Boy, that man is not as polite, he has a mouth!
Summoner: I'll go to that land and petition to the The Ones Above The One Above All for more 5* crystal shards.
Collector: I wish you luck, Summoner, my daughter depends on you. I hope you'll survive...

Comments

• JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Hehe bwoii
    Post on point.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Vancouver doesn’t get harsh winters. I demand a rewrite!!! 😂😂
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    @Jaded

Collector: In a land far away from the Battlerealm, known by its harsh winters, obnoxiously polite people and their main export product: Ryan Reynolds. Boy, that man is not as polite, he has a mouth!

• Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    I found a plot hole:

The Grandmaster should be saying this. Lol
  • Pool5555Pool5555 Posts: 63
    Really good writing but just saying something. Think of it as this way. Yes you were getting 750 5 star shards and that would take you about 2 months to get a 5 star or even more, since you are not able to complete the master mode event a 100%(i am presuming this , but if you are able to do that then go for the collector)

Even if you get a 5star crystal the odds of getting a five star good champion is few and far between. Plus the highest you would be able to take a 5 star to rank 3 with is equivalent to a maxed out 4 star.

How does this change help your progression you ask? It gives you better odd to get good champions.

And collector is the biggest boogeyman of the whole game, he isn't difficult as he looks, trust me, let me tell you why, he has the aggressive node which means he throws heavies and dashes at you willy nilly
    And against the collector health pool doesn't matter because no matter you bring the max is going to be around 12-15 hits, so it's a game of revives, for that you need to grind. Plus bane is actually your friend against the collector.

and of you are having problem with let's say a specific chapter like masochism, post your roster people are there to help you.( Post you roster and tag me)
    Yes 4 stars are not allowed in act 6 which i do feel is a bit of a trash move but, even if you could take them in ,there's too much block damage and low health pools(i am presuming you are not a god like player like most of us).

Think of it as this way you get what you need for the next level of content from the calendars.
    You get 4 stars to get uncollected.and do act 5 completion.
    Then you get 5 stars for the next teir of battle.

The 4stars give you better odds of pulling a great champ than a 5 star ever would

People are helpful and we will provide you with rank up suggestions and tips for the journey to the collector, i got a lot of help,now that i have got it down, i believe i can be of some help to those who need it.

Thnx for reading

Regards
    Maestro
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Pool5555 said:

Really good writing but just saying something. Think of it as this way. Yes you were getting 750 5 star shards and that would take you about 2 months to get a 5 star or even more, since you are not able to complete the master mode event a 100%(i am presuming this , but if you are able to do that then go for the collector)

Even if you get a 5star crystal the odds of getting a five star good champion is few and far between. Plus the highest you would be able to take a 5 star to rank 3 with is equivalent to a maxed out 4 star.

How does this change help your progression you ask? It gives you better odd to get good champions.

And collector is the biggest boogeyman of the whole game, he isn't difficult as he looks, trust me, let me tell you why, he has the aggressive node which means he throws heavies and dashes at you willy nilly
    And against the collector health pool doesn't matter because no matter you bring the max is going to be around 12-15 hits, so it's a game of revives, for that you need to grind. Plus bane is actually your friend against the collector.

and of you are having problem with let's say a specific chapter like masochism, post your roster people are there to help you.( Post you roster and tag me)
    Yes 4 stars are not allowed in act 6 which i do feel is a bit of a trash move but, even if you could take them in ,there's too much block damage and low health pools(i am presuming you are not a god like player like most of us).

Think of it as this way you get what you need for the next level of content from the calendars.
    You get 4 stars to get uncollected.and do act 5 completion.
    Then you get 5 stars for the next teir of battle.

The 4stars give you better odds of pulling a great champ than a 5 star ever would

People are helpful and we will provide you with rank up suggestions and tips for the journey to the collector, i got a lot of help,now that i have got it down, i believe i can be of some help to those who need it.

Thnx for reading

Regards
    Maestro

You're missing the point:
    1) the calendar doesn't change if you defeat Maestro or not, while the rest does. 2-3 x 250 5* shards each month isn't game breaking, so I don't understand why you oppose that.
    2) the odds of a good 4* is as large as a 5*.
    3) you still reason like it is 2015. 5* are the new 4*. Once you defeated Maestro, a 4* isn't what you need to progress in the game in the long run. 4* are end of the line at some point while 5* do not.
    4) you might be able to become UC with only 4*, but you can forget the monthly UC difficulty. R4+ 5* is pretty much the norm.

Thanks for the offer, but as long The Collector isn't as bad as Master Nameless Thanos, I will be fine. God, that took me ages and I didn't have R4 5* back then.
  • Pool5555Pool5555 Posts: 63
    edited November 2019
    I have 3 r4/55 venom,majik and havok i cannot get the uncollected completion every month for example this month(i am not a god teir player i am below averag)

About your 1st point the calendar also doesnot change for the people who are elders bane shouldn't they be also getting 6 star shards, they progressed more than uncollecteds.I should be screaming right now for the elders bane, gosh that ultron was pain the butt. But that fight is do-able as in you can solo it. But collector, max you get off is 15 hits(if you using some like ghost or hood or daredevil og or quake then thats a different scenario)

About your 2nd point, you get one five star in every 2 months with the previous calendar odds of getting a good 5 star really low,
    You get 2.5 4 stars every 2 months. Better odds of getting a good 4star which can help you a tonne

3. I agree to that point but still it doesn't mean that lower teired champs are less viable and useless.you can do a lot of stiff with 4 stars i am not the only one.(i wish i had a void awakened as a 4star the fight would be so much easier against uncollected mephisto,i couldn't get him down with havok, evade and unstoppable at the same time is a bit much)

4. Even if I am not able to complete the monthly uncollected completely i am able to do the first 2 chapters which is equivalent to master last chapter i terms of difficulty
    And it provides a hell a lot of resources .

Trust me on this i am sure everyone of us who got uncollected smiled at the moment not when we beat the collector but when we realized that he was beatable. Collector is nothing but a cash grab, nameless thanos was way better it was and is possible to one shot him, collector one shots are few and far between

And you have a 4/55 champ(presumably a goooood one) go for the collector if you haven't yet.i went for him with venom at 4/55 and rest maxed 4stars.

The champion match up matter not the teir(if you are act 6 then thats a different scenario)

Again really fan of the story telling

Regards
    Maestro(it's not as the act 4 Maestro but as a nickname maestro ;) )