**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

DR. DOOM ARENA RUN

theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
So I want some opinions here. For constant arena grinders.

Currently I have 60 5* most of them r1/25
2 of them 2/35
4 of them are 5/65
And 11 of them are 4/55
9 or 8 3/45s

I have 4 6*s. I should’ve 5 but SADLY I duped my nightcrawler recently.

So here’s the question. I know there’ll be arena records, maybe highest of all times. Is this roster would be enough for being at top 150? If I play 3 days and nights?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    Without recharging no
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    How many recharges are we talking about here?
    Gamer said:

Without recharging no

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    You would need to have 3x 6-star champions, and be constantly spending units on recharching them over and over again. At least that's how arena grinders do it, they don't really use 5-star's
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

You would need to have 3x 6-star champions, and be constantly spending units on recharching them over and over again. At least that's how arena grinders do it, they don't really use 5-star's

5* 5:65 with boosts gain more points than a 6*r1.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★

I have 4 6*s. I should’ve 5 but SADLY I duped my nightcrawler recently...

Leaving the pro grinders to dispense advice on that: Seriously, don't be disappointed at Awakening a six-star champ!

Nightcrawler is way better Awakened; especially if you're using him offensively.

Pair him up with Havok and try him out.

Or just watch Brian Grant's video on him:

https://youtu.be/aSVBjOOQ-GA

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

You’ll need literally 10s if thousands of units if refreshes to the point where it’d be cheaper to buy cav crystals to get him, don’t bother grinding

Can’t said it wrongs but can definitely said 18 cystal didn’t get him that almost 6k unit this unit culd definitely get a 5 star from arean alest I’m culd I’m try hard for Guillotines 2099 but no luck in cystal
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

2 of them 2/35
    4 of them are 5/65
    And 11 of them are 4/55
    9 or 8 3/45s

So here’s the question. I know there’ll be arena records, maybe highest of all times. Is this roster would be enough for being at top 150? If I play 3 days and nights?

Probably need at least 4 if not 5 or more odins worth of units for refreshes

I have 4 6*s. I should’ve 5 but SADLY I duped my nightcrawler recently...

Leaving the pro grinders to dispense advice on that: Seriously, don't be disappointed at Awakening a six-star champ!

Nightcrawler is way better Awakened; especially if you're using him offensively.

Pair him up with Havok and try him out.

Or just watch Brian Grant's video on him:

https://youtu.be/aSVBjOOQ-GA

Yea I like him at offense. Helped me with some tricky endgame content. And thanks! but he’s not the issue here.
    This is what I needed. Thanks. I’ll left this guy for another time. Maybe save shards for featured crystals..
    Raganator said:

If his prestige is as high as what was leaked today, you will easily need to put up 80+ million. I would not feel safe with less than 90 million (and honestly, that may not be safe). You can run your 6* 7 times without refreshing. 4 6* will give you about 260,000 per round. 7 rounds will give 1.82 million.

Average out the score you would get on a round of 5* - let's say 1.8 million per round (9 rounds without refreshing) = 16.2 million. So without refreshing, just running 5* and 6* you are at around 18 million.

So you need to make up about 72 million if you want to hit 90 million. Refreshing 6* costs 20 units per revive or 60 units per round. Each round nets around 195,000. That would be about 370 rounds of refreshing. That would be about 22,000 units.

Did this very quickly, could have errors.

• arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Maybe the blubberiest whales do that but a lot of us who occasionally go for featured 5* utilize our 4* and 5* champions too.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Jaded said:

It’s hilarious seeing disagree buttons left for this post. This statement is factually correct. Also, needs to be mentioned that even if you don’t have the boosts, 5*r65s generate more points per units spent for recharging than 6*r1s do.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    arsjum said:

Jaded said:

It’s hilarious seeing disagree buttons left for this post. This statement is factually correct. Also, needs to be mentioned that even if you don’t have the boosts, 5*r65s generate more points per units spent for recharging than 6*r1s do.
    Good point. It's definitely a cost versus time argument when discussing refreshing 5/65 versus r1 6*. So, if you had the time (assuming 45k per 5/65), then you can put up 72 million with those 5* in about 535 rounds at 30 units per round (16,000 units).
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Use your champs in as many arena as you can now, get as many units as you can then spend them all on featured crystals - that way you'll atleast have a chance because you aint gonna have enough to grind him
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Dont even try. Even getting 14.5 mil with your roster without units would be astounding.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    What's the projections for Doom? Could he be the first 100M champ?
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

What's the projections for Doom? Could he be the first 100M champ?

200 mil
    arsjum said:

Jaded said:

What about 6* R2?
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    NAMOR and Claire Voyant was in the 70-80m... Victor fasho going for a minimum of 100m!

You can always try bro, with boost and units. I think you'd have a better shot at Reed
    Haha haha 😂 this made me really laugh. Thanks for being honesty lol

You won’t even sniff the top 150 without about 7-8 Odins with that roster

• quando213quando213 Posts: 82
    Watch him become the next Sentry/Ebony Maw.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★

2 of them 2/35
    4 of them are 5/65
    And 11 of them are 4/55
    9 or 8 3/45s

Frankly buddy it's a very very very difficult task with that roster of yours.

Speaking from personal experience, I tried to get the recently finished venom 5 star in his 2nd round. As he is an older champ and my cosmic roster is very poor. Predictions were 35 million and my personal target was about 37 to 38 million. I ended up at 39.8 million. My roster at that time, 88 5 stars (about 50 were r2 and above, 3 r5s), 11 6*r1s, 18 4*r5s. I used up about 1k units. 511 was my streak. And it was all 3 days arena only. Suicides active.

From my experience I found, best value for units considering you have time. 4*r5 with 200% boost 15 minutes. 5 units to recharge them. You can get 7 to 8 sets out of them in those 15 minutes if you are fast. After that value for units, 5 star r5 set with 1.3x boost 15 minutes. 10 units to recharge them. 6 stars are expensive to recharge and lesser value but gather points faster.

I can say you might need about 10 to 13k units easily plus a huge win streak almost 1000? What if you still don't get him? As there are huge number of people having larger rosters and would like to get him.

Why not save shards from now and try your luck when he comes in 5 star featured crystal batch. Still a lot of time for that so you can have a decent amount of shots at getting him. Just an idea.

Goodluck.
    quando213 said:

Watch him become the next Sentry/Ebony Maw.

If his prestige is as high as the data miners say it is, I truly hope he is literally the worst champ in the game. That would be the best Kabam troll ever