**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opinion A.i. On aq/aw

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
First let me say I hate aq right now,

Opinion. : is it just me or is the ai in aq sometimes distinctly different than aw. This last aw I was on path 8 gold1/plat4 and didn’t take a hit, smoked duped annihilatus mini bosses didn’t use a hela.

In a map five aq the ai is hyper aggressive, iced used 300 units and still died many times before we even finished. Put up 900,000 po8nts but still. In aq the nodes are easier the champs have less health, ive fought them over and over and over, and sometimes the ai is unbeatable. The ai tim8ng is impeccable, dexing me, parrying me, evading me, had cable two regen and two power gains at the same time only to hit me with a special three. And I had vision and hit him with special two in the middle. Still cable made it special three.

I have only anecdotal experience as my evidence.

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    iRetr0 said:

AW AI is fine. AQ AI however is so passive, they just walk towards you and when you attack they smack you, it annoys me a lot and I die really stupidly due to it.

Mine just stepped back everytime I hit, I was like hitting thin air three times in a row. They didn't even counterattack. Just one step back and standing idle.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

iRetr0 said:

AW AI is fine. AQ AI however is so passive, they just walk towards you and when you attack they smack you, it annoys me a lot and I die really stupidly due to it.

Mine just stepped back everytime I hit, I was like hitting thin air three times in a row. They didn't even counterattack. Just one step back and standing idle.
    How are you attacking?
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Lormif said:

iRetr0 said:

How are you attacking?

I don’t think it matters.

With most higher end content I have become accustomed to aggressive AI so I use the typical opening parry.

But with Map5 the AI just walks up to the middle and you wait to parry, when you realize they haven’t moved and you try to attack, they’ve already started a combo.

Same when trying to bait specials, they just stand there open and by the time I decide to go in I get light intercepted.

The AI feels like matches 1-5 in Arena and they are super passive.

It is very frustrating but only costs me some potions at the worst but when I can run Map6 on day 5 with no items spent. It leaves me thinking it’s not a skill issue.
  • Keenmonkey_5Keenmonkey_5 Posts: 34
    Map 5 has been super passive all week. They love to hold block and seem to have godlike intercepting skills.
  • Map 5 blows, too passive, it’s a death sentence for ghost. I consistently die more in map5 compared to Map6 just because the ai is so dull and then out of nowhere it intercepts you.
  • Thank you so happy I’m not alone here. The aq that just ended was so frustrating.

I agree with map 6 being consistent. We only run it on day 1,2 sometimes three. So I’m even more accustomed to aggressive ai.

Then we switch I’m out of whack.

If you can organise, just do 666x5, it’s just so much more enjoyable
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Man, I thought it was just me. I'm getting intercepted or parried just about every time I try to attack. It's so annoying. This AI is fighting like Floyd Mayweather.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The ai in AQ doesn't have dexterity or parry. It can't dex you or parry you. Most people complain that the ai in aq is too passive. Personally I find it to be same as it ever was.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Ah yes. I try to hit the block often and parry right after. This works a lot for me

IF Im not L intercepted by them tho.
    This AI cant dash at you but the light intercepts are on point sometimes. Annoying
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'd like to see the person who disagreed explain how the AQ ai can dex or parry without the dexterity or parry mastery lol.
  • Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    there is an obvious answer to the passiveness of ai in map 5. Kabam wants you to die so you have to spend money healing your champs up. Pretty simple in my opinion.
    I had to start running suicides so that at least my corvus would heal up a bit each fight helping me get through to the end of the day.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Lol. Then the changes would have been made to the higher maps instead of the lower ones.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Blaker78 said:

there is an obvious answer to the passiveness of ai in map 5. Kabam wants you to die so you have to spend money healing your champs up. Pretty simple in my opinion.
    I had to start running suicides so that at least my corvus would heal up a bit each fight helping me get through to the end of the day.

I’m not gonna lie. It’s easy to jump to that conclusion.

But in all honesty I think the answer is that Kabam wants lower alliances to not be afraid of moving up to Map5 with AI similar to Acts 3 and 4

Downside is relaxed/retirement alliances end up running a lot of Map5 to keep costs down on donations.