**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Connection issues with the game 11/04 [Merged threads]

13»

Comments

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

I'm in South LA... so... care to explain? @Lormif

take a look at the link You will notice a bright orange blinking in that general area:

https://livemap.pingdom.com/, as well as up in the US NW
    There is zero blinking. Like at all. None.

Well... maybe a yellow every once in awhile.

Other than that, nothing.
    Are you BSing me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7TlzJPYejg
    No. Here's a video:

https://youtu.be/5YmCQyi6oBg
    @Lormif and still getting the damn network error now and again in-game. Definitely on Kabam's end.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

take a look at the link You will notice a bright orange blinking in that general area:

Are you BSing me?

No. Here's a video:

in your video 1 second in I saw 2 orange pings in the LA area, I have had 4 people tell me they have the issue, 3 of which were in the LA area.
    Aryl said:

@Lormif and still getting the damn network error now and again in-game. Definitely on Kabam's end.

and I am not, so no evidence it is defiantly on their side, but could also be inbetween.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Speaking for me, but I'm not having issues.
    This seems more of a multi device related issue that a general one
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I was having issues earlier, but was just on, and didn't notice anything now ...

(Device: Samsung/Android ... Region: GTA, Canada)
    Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Are you BSing me?

No. Here's a video:

in your video 1 second in I saw 2 orange pings in the LA area, I have had 4 people tell me they have the issue, 3 of which were in the LA area.
    The closest I saw was in TX and one damn near in Mexico. One up near AR too...

Do you even know where LA is located?
    Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Are you BSing me?

No. Here's a video:

From your video

Do you see it now
    Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Are you BSing me?

No. Here's a video:

From your video

Do you see it now
    How does an outage 1900 miles away affect me?
    Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Are you BSing me?

No. Here's a video:

From your video

Do you see it now
    How does an outage 1900 miles away affect me?
    Do you mean LA, as In Los Angles or Louisiana?

if the latter the ones in the Midwest, or even the one near LA, Cali, or even the north west could still be affecting you, it depends on where the servers are located, again the itis not just a client server thing, every single hop you travel along as an impact.
  • 98320575739832057573 Posts: 155
    I am having a good IPS but still the game shows I am not connected to the internet
    LA = Louisiana because that's its abbreviation.

I also realized it's update day, so that explains everything. Again... Kabam side.
    Aryl said:

LA = Louisiana because that's its abbreviation.

I also realized it's update day, so that explains everything. Again... Kabam side.

I think you are just trying to be a smarty pants lol. LA is also the abbreviation for Los Angles, and it still does not explain the extremely limited number of people who had the issue. You of all people know when there is a kabam issue these forums blow up, we had like 5-10 people report it.
    L.A. is the abbreviation for Los Angeles. Just saying.

And, they made a merged thread. That's an indicator.
    Aryl said:

L.A. is the abbreviation for Los Angeles. Just saying.

And, they made a merged thread. That's an indicator.

an indicator that there was a lot of posts yea, cleaning up the forums is a norm. Again, how do you explain so few people having the issue? and again I didnt say it wasnt their fault, just that it is not a sure thing.
  • YorkrockYorkrock Posts: 16
    Same issue - I admittedly thought to report the issue versus venting here on the forums. But I had a full signal, and was forced to use a mess of items due to disconnects in AQ, it’s BS. I had a stash of glory and pots and had to burn through it due to losing half health multiple times on the last lane of section 3 map 5.
    Fjolnir said:

This seems more of a multi device related issue that a general one

Any evidence to back up that claim?
    that it was not affecting everyone.
    AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

zuffy said:

Definitely something is wrong when many are reporting random connection and disconnect errors

yes, but where, is it a regional network issue or a kabam issue.
    It's kabam issue same happening to me
    just because it is happening to you does not mean it is a kabam issue unless you happen to be at their headquarters, it could be you are taking the same network path as the others. It could be kabam, but it is odd that is only happening to a few people.
    It's reported by most of my alliance mates. Should I include SS of chat?
    What does that prove? "most"... If it was kabam's issue then can you explain why everyone is not having the issue? After all no one has reported it by my alliance.
    Lormif said:

AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

zuffy said:

Definitely something is wrong when many are reporting random connection and disconnect errors

just because it is happening to you does not mean it is a kabam issue unless you happen to be at their headquarters, it could be you are taking the same network path as the others. It could be kabam, but it is odd that is only happening to a few people.
    What does that prove? "most"... If it was kabam's issue then can you explain why everyone is not having the issue? After all no one has reported it by my alliance.
    Again, how does your post even stand up logically? Just because all of these people here are having an issue does not make it 100% certain it is at kabam's side. Do you understand how the internet even works? It is not just 2 nodes, your device and kabams servers, it is a series of other servers along the way that transmit your data from one until the other until it gets to its destination. If one of these "backbone" routers is haivng an issue then it can cause issues all alone the path. That would explain why you guys are seeing the issue and I am not, because your path has a bottleneck causing disconnects. Pointing this out in no way cause anyone a "lier", and the only thing I have stated absolutely is that I am not having the issue and no one in my alliance has reported any issue.

AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

zuffy said:

Lormif said:

AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

AKKKTEK said:

Lormif said:

zuffy said:

Non sequitur, all of these people can have issues and it not be on kabams side, that is not how the intenet works. You can have an issue connecting to kabam and not to youtube and again it could not be on kabam's side, it could be one of the routers you go through to get to kabam, backbone routers that farry traffic to its destination.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Lormif said:

Dęłtå said:

Hey guys, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection issues.

Generally speaking, there are many different factors which can cause connection issues to occur. However, just to be on the safe side, I've gone ahead and alerted the rest of the Team to your concerns so we can look into this further.

If you haven't already, please respond below by providing the information outlined in our Bug Report Template.

I understand it can be really frustrating when things like this happen so I'd like to thank you all in advance for your help and patience.

Not trying to be that guy, but if everyone is having connection issues how can there be many different factors? I assume like myself people have been switching off wifi? Nothing wrong with my wifi. Has to be something server wise. I have people all over the world in my alliance and we are all having the same issues. 'Tis on Kabam end this time.
    It’s your network everything else works fine
    my network may make sense if it was just happening to me, but when it's affecting not only myself in my alliance but others around the globe then network is not the issue. I have taken my device off of wifi, placed back on wifi and have the same results. Meanwhile all my alliance mates are going through the same steps at the same time. So just my network doesn't make sense. #Science
    Its not just your network, but but that does not mean it is right at kabams servers either. The internet is why more complicated than just 2 hops.
    yes, because the rest of the inernet is reflective of the current issues with what is going on atm in the game ;)

Lormif said:

Dęłtå said:

Hey guys, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection issues.

Generally speaking, there are many different factors which can cause connection issues to occur. However, just to be on the safe side, I've gone ahead and alerted the rest of the Team to your concerns so we can look into this further.

If you haven't already, please respond below by providing the information outlined in our Bug Report Template.

I understand it can be really frustrating when things like this happen so I'd like to thank you all in advance for your help and patience.

Not trying to be that guy, but if everyone is having connection issues how can there be many different factors? I assume like myself people have been switching off wifi? Nothing wrong with my wifi. Has to be something server wise. I have people all over the world in my alliance and we are all having the same issues. 'Tis on Kabam end this time.
    It’s your network everything else works fine
    my network may make sense if it was just happening to me, but when it's affecting not only myself in my alliance but others around the globe then network is not the issue. I have taken my device off of wifi, placed back on wifi and have the same results. Meanwhile all my alliance mates are going through the same steps at the same time. So just my network doesn't make sense. #Science
    Its not just your network, but but that does not mean it is right at kabams servers either. The internet is why more complicated than just 2 hops.
    yes, because the rest of the inernet is reflective of the current issues with what is going on atm in the game ;)
    Who said "the rest of the internet". Issues with routers in other areas of the world can cause issues with you to connect to the game. If you are going to try and be smug please try and atleast understand how the internet work.
    Still getting issues @Lormif

Smh... it is Kabam.
    Aryl said:

Smh... it is Kabam.

youre just trolling now.
    Lormif said:

Aryl said:

Smh... it is Kabam.

youre just trolling now.
    Nah.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Broken.

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    - iPhone8+ with iOS 13.2
    - Sun Mobile
    - Wifi/Cellular - Both
    - Game 24.3.1
    - EQ/Arena/AQ - BTW The whole AQ timing out and losing half health is dated and needs changed. Either update the algorithm to identify that the fight didn't actually start or get rid of it and if people abuse the exit/re-enter so be it. Doesn't hurt me or anyone else just costs spending revives.
    - Issue: random connection errors, start fight, end fight, moving between game modes.Disconnects, then reconnects
    - Log support ticket but getting this reply: “To provide a bit more context on why your health was reduced 50%, whenever our systems detect a crash or disconnection in an alliance quest, your Champion will lose 50% of their health. This is called the Fight Recovery System. ”

- Do you think it’s logical? An issue caused by Kabam but the player is penalised. I can make sure at least the connection issue is not coming from my side as my Wi-Fi environment is more than perfect, at least for other applications. However, whenever I played (and esp. when I was doing boss kill) last night. Connection issue happened and kicked me out of the game. A “quick” resolution from your game team cause me a team revives for that. Normally an AQ map 3 boss is nothing difficult for my rosters - esp. I have full health for 3 champs right before that boss fight.

- I urge your side to review this so called fight recovery system. The system itself doesn’t make sense. I’ve been playing this game for over 3 years but it doesn’t mean I accept illogical situation like this. Thanks.

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Just cost me 2 deaths and 75% of my health in AW. Been having regular issues ever since the guilly update