**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Suggestions to Improve the old man Logan rework(feedback for developers)

gasmaskdudegasmaskdude Posts: 40
edited November 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
After testing out OML extensively( maxed out 4*) I find that he’s only slightly better than before. His overall damage output is better and his regen buff is pretty good if you control your specials.
Tips to use him in the current state:
1. Start with an sp3 and make sure you have 5 or more passive bleeds/ furies so you get the deep bleeds, this give a slightly better crit rate.
2. When the enemy has the deep bleeds, use sp2 with 15 passive bleeds on your self for a nice chunk of damage. I was getting more instances where critical bleeds procd after the opponents are inflicted with deep bleeds.
3. Time your specials so that you throw them just as your current regen buff expires, this gives more overall regen.

The issues with his current state:
1.Even after throwing your sp3 followed by sp2 and getting critical bleeds his dps is only on par with x23 or venom and still lower than archangel.
2. His heavy attack refresh isn’t all that useful, pausing furies for 2 seconds is not worth the time it takes to parry and heavy.
3. Consuming his regen buff is not beneficial, especially if you already have 15 passive bleeds on your self.
4. Extending the bleed duration on your self and reducing potency sounds good on paper but you tend to take a lot more damage to your self in end game content( eg being hit by venoms bleeds or fighting a stacked morning star)

Simple ways to improve him:
1. His fury potency has to be increased by at least 50%.
2. The heavy attacks should refresh the furies for the full duration.
3. Regen buffs should not be consumed if he has 15 or more furies or passive bleeds or a combination of both.
4. His bleed mitigation doesn’t need increased duration.

Thanks , hope someone reads this lol.
Also great job on the colossus buff, he’s tanky,has utility and hits hard.

Comments

• gasmaskdudegasmaskdude Posts: 40
    Time to remove 20%(109k hp) of ROL winter soldier(maxed 4 stars average of 3 runs no suicides)
    1.Archangel- 40 seconds
    2. X23 - 68 seconds
    3. Venom- 80 seconds - no class advantage
    4. OML - 93 seconds
  • Great suggestions. I'm currently very disappointed I took this guy to r4
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    Damage not being on par with AA should be expected. AA does incredible damage. But based on the info you provided he isn't on par with x23 or venom either. But you said he is so I'm a little confused.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Great suggestions. I'm currently very disappointed I took this guy to r4

That’s your own fault. This is why Kabam says not to rank buffing champs till their release. If people took him to 4/5 in anticipation of his buff I don’t feel sorry for them one bit.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

And I would give him 50% resistance to nullify effects, and justify that as being a part of his old dog/new tricks immunity to ability accuracy modification.

Oooohhhhh I didn’t even think about that. That would be a nice touch.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Used an r4 gem on him, loved to chain into heavy, and regret so much now - should've just it in rogue or x23.

Also it looks like because of reasons they don't refresh furies on sp. Say you have 15 furies expiring, and use sp with 10 bleeds - 15 furies still expire. I'd wish they removed cap for total number of furies. Let 15 furies conversion per sp, but stack as much as you can instead of heavy refresh, as you can't heavy chain reliably in most of the fights.

Bring back regen to passive

Maybe bring his furies into passive - as it is atm, oml is useless vs mystic champs with md in aw, but he already has tech class and many bleed immune opponents to his disadvantage, way keep this one? Or give him one fury per sp with potency based on number of bleeds converted
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Unlopular opinion but I think we should take the old OML, increase his base stats slap some synergies, and transfer it to OG Wolverine. Then, buff X23 by removing her bleed limit and making her regen the same as old OG Wolverine. The OML now should retain his mechanics but offensive values increased. He's aging anyway so might as well retain his regen. So...

* OML (post buff) -> OML (post buff) + higher damage

* OG Wolvie -> OML (pre buff) + higher base stats

* X23 -> X23 + OG Wolvie hybrid

• Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I love the concept of Old Man Logan's buff. But in his current state, I'd argue that pre-buff OML was actually almost better.

Also, I believe that there might be a bug where all bleeds are being inflicted as his Passive Bleeds. I took him into a biohazard fight and he didn't gain a single Active Bleed Effect... it might just be me getting really unlucky though.
  • I love the concept of Old Man Logan's buff. But in his current state, I'd argue that pre-buff OML was actually almost better.

Also, I believe that there might be a bug where all bleeds are being inflicted as his Passive Bleeds. I took him into a biohazard fight and he didn't gain a single Active Bleed Effect... it might just be me getting really unlucky though.

I noticed that too and wasnt sure if I was just getting passives from the attacks against me or it was supposed to happen
    Graydrox said:

Damage not being on par with AA should be expected. AA does incredible damage. But based on the info you provided he isn't on par with x23 or venom either. But you said he is so I'm a little confused.

Sorry, I should have provided more details on my testing. His damage is really close to X23 and venom, i told that he's on par cause there were instances i had RNG in my favor getting all crits in his sp2 and stacking multiple critical bleeds. When i tested it he was slower mostly because i had to use the Sp3 to get the higher crit rate-and still failing to get more than one critical bleed.
    DNA3000 said:

I don't know if he needs more damage. I would return the bleed mitigation to a passive ability to separate it from the healing buff. I would change the healing buff to cycle every ten seconds. And I would give him 50% resistance to nullify effects, and justify that as being a part of his old dog/new tricks immunity to ability accuracy modification.

I totally agree with the nullify resistance, the healing buff cycling every 10 seconds while appreciated would be too strong so i dont expect that from kabam. He definitely needs more damage, at his current state hes vastly inferior to colossus.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I totally agree with OP and all their proposed tweaks except #4. First 3 are all legit and needed. Wouldn’t be too much and would make him more sustainable and more enjoyable to use
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    agree with all points.. and aim of reworks should b to make that champion useful n people R5 them ! not make then sit on bench forver!! also who is putting these disgress on every single comment stating true facts
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I have a list of things that could be changed about OML to make him better. These would be on top of his existing abilities.
    - Increase to duration AND potency of OML's Fury effects. I'd say at least 50% more for each.
    - Resistance to negative Regeneration Rate Modification. Heal Block Immunity. Immunity/resistance to the effects of poison on Regeneration Rate. Maybe even make it so that his Regeneration cannot be reduced below 50% of the base amount.
    - His Regeneration returns to being a Passive Effect and is not removed when using a Special Attack. Bleed Resistance is also now permanent.
    - Slight increase to the duration of his Passive Bleed effects.

Old Man Logan is barely any better than his pre-rework version. I can understand this rework not being as good because he probably had the best pre-rework abilities out of all the champions that have been reworked so far, but when my 2/20 Colossus is better than my 5/50 Old Man Logan, THIS IS A MASSIVE PROBLEM.