**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Doctor Doom... disappointing?

If any of you weren't aware, Doctor Doom has been released in the Content Creator Program. After general analysis, I can see some good in the champ. He has sweet power gain and his buff nullify ability seems great. His unblockable specials and safeguard/unstoppable on last hit of special attacks while in his aura seems very nice too. The only problem I see in him is his damage output. And I know... not all champs need to be god tier. But there is an exception. Both Doctor Doom and Silver Surfer are these exceptions. He lacks the valuable immunities, aar, and evade/autoblock/miss counter to not have insane damage output. If I were Kabam I would try to make these two characters one of the best champs in the game so that sales would skyrocket. At the moment... doom seems like a decent (high demi god) champ. I think this can change if the fury on sp3 is not capped and that his aura would last longer to be able to stack these furies. Then he would be a bit like namor but not as damage heavy as he is.

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I disagree the point of doom is not damage it’s his utility and at max sig he will be a phenomenal Hyperion counter who is still a super annoying champ to face
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

My philosophy is to always wait till you get the champ yourself. Dont go off what others say.

That is a good philosophy. However stats can sometimes speak louder than personal opinions. I haven't really listened to feedback... I have been watching hours of gameplay on the champ. These are just some of my first impressions.
    I understand. But still. Your not the one playing him yet. Someone else is. Your viee may change when you get your own hands on him.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I thought he looked really good.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

I disagree the point of doom is not damage it’s his utility and at max sig he will be a phenomenal Hyperion counter who is still a super annoying champ to face

We have already gotten 3 utility champs this year. Claire, Warlock, and Guilly 2099. Matter of fact... it's a common stereotype for mystics to be utility champs. Doom was supposed to be unique. He was supposed to save the mystic class. He really wouldn't feel like a great addition to the game. He wouldn't even be a top 30 champ. The "point" of doom is to be the biggest baddest villian of the contest. Not some utility champ that will be benched on many rosters half the time.
    1) The mystic class does not need saving, it has seen some of the best come out in the last 12 months, SS and CV are insanely good, both god tier or above, throw in voodoo, ghost rider and magic and the class is doing well.

2) Guilly is not really just a utility character, she has massive damage too.
    Well you can say that guilly 2099 was unique because she is both a utility and damage champ (what doom should be). Also, the mystic class definitely needs saving. They are filled with garbage and meh such as Juggs, Iron Fist, Mordo, Doctor Strange, Man Thing, Diablo, Maw, Jane Foster, Hood, Unstoppable Colossus, etc. It's lacks a real representation of what the class should look like. Claire sort of fits that but imo scarlet is that champ. She has it all... damage, utility, power control, and regen. There's nothing stopping Kabam from buffing his damage a bit because that class is awful. Their over reliance on one mastery is actually quite pathetic.
    Some of those in your list are really good champs, great survivability. You also left off magik and SS the 2 best of the bunch. All classes have garbage. Tech has im, rocket, ip, howard civil warrior for instance.

We have already gotten 3 utility champs this year. Claire, Warlock, and Guilly 2099. Matter of fact... it's a common stereotype for mystics to be utility champs. Doom was supposed to be unique. He was supposed to save the mystic class. He really wouldn't feel like a great addition to the game. He wouldn't even be a top 30 champ. The "point" of doom is to be the biggest baddest villian of the contest. Not some utility champ that will be benched on many rosters half the time.
    Claire is a utility champion? No she is better with pure damage at guilly 2099 is absolutely not utility her point is for the abyss of legends not to be a utility champ I agree with warlock but Claire and especially guilly 2099 are not utility champs
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

My philosophy is to always wait till you get the champ yourself. Dont go off what others say.

You do not trust hours of watchable testing from some of the best players in the game? Why not?

Claire is a utility champion? No she is better with pure damage at guilly 2099 is absolutely not utility her point is for the abyss of legends not to be a utility champ I agree with warlock but Claire and especially guilly 2099 are not utility champs
    She is definitely a utility champ without suicides. Damage is that of Magik or Dormammu
    Ok fair enough with Claire but I’m still failing to see how guilly 2099 is a utility champion
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Mystic class has the least amount of champs out of all of them. That's why I listed those champs. It has more meh than good. Doom can change that if they decide to buff him some more before they release his spotlight

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/954084#Comment_954084
    Many players share the same thought as yours.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Pretty sad that dr doom looks like not even god tier. That probably means no records for people opening featured 5 star Crystal's or in the arena
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

She is definitely a utility champ without suicides. Damage is that of Magik or Dormammu
    Ok fair enough with Claire but I’m still failing to see how guilly 2099 is a utility champion
    Thanks for being a good sport. I’m just having a bit of fun.

Seriously though, Guilly2099 has a lot of utility actually.

-double immune
    -doesn’t crit
    -majority of damage is unavoidable degen
    -Power control
    -sustainability
    -powerful synergies
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Torah13 said:

Git gud.

That’s not a valid argument for low damage output.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    SDP said:

Buttehrs said:

You do not trust hours of watchable testing from some of the best players in the game? Why not?
    Because they will never be me. I like things they do not. I play champs in ways they do not.
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    edited November 2019
    Honestly I think Dr. Doom is going to be god tier just because he has absolutely amazing power control and the ability to chain heavy out of a combo is insane (remember she hulk). I think Doom is very similar to she hulk, but instead of taunt he has power control and gain off the charts. I think you will see that his damage with suicides, 4 or 5 md, and r5 is much more impressive than the ccp stuff and he can be made suicide friendly with nick fury. When warlock and Claire were initially released people also looked down on him for his "poor damage" but look at what he has become. Also shock is an increasingly valuable immunity. And he doesn't really need the aar/evade/autoblock counter because that isn't his purpose
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    edited November 2019
    I personally am really looking forward to the character and will open 5* features and cav crystals for him when they are available for the reasons I have stated above. *Edit to previous: them, not him talking about claire and warlock*