**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The heck is wrong with the arena background?

JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
So after the update on my Android device, the arena background seems ... weird. Much lighter, swapped color palate ... Is this normal? Is this going to stay like this? Is it a bug? If this is intended, I'm not a fan.

Comments

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    It’s like that for me everywhere, just less noticeable everywhere else. Reckon it’s just a new background. They tend to update it every so often
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    It throws my eyes off. I was going to take a screen shot of it as well. The contrast switching around throws my eye focus out.
  • AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★
    It's not the best, but I don't play the game to look at that screen so.. it's whatever really
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Space marshmallows
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    If you havent see the reveal video at comic con Gabe said that background is the Battleworld so with this color change and i assume as we get closer to launch date of MROC the background in the game will keep adjusting
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    It appears to be back to normal now. Perhaps it's going to change based on the time of day? That'd be pretty cool.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    JohnHS said:

So after the update on my Android device, the arena background seems ... weird. Much lighter, swapped color palate ... Is this normal? Is this going to stay like this? Is it a bug? If this is intended, I'm not a fan.

This should not be bothering you
  • Hey, @JohnHS -

After looking this over with a few folks we definitely want to check a little deeper as the asset does look off slightly. Can you tell us what device you're running on and the OS version? Thanks in advance!

Hey, @JohnHS -

After looking this over with a few folks we definitely want to check a little deeper as the asset does look off slightly. Can you tell us what device you're running on and the OS version? Thanks in advance!

Idk about OP. But for me that bright spot in the centre of the screen really disturbs my eyes.
    iPhone X.13.1.3
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Ohh I hope they change it for your sake then. Try reducing the brightness on your device it might help

Ohh I hope they change it for your sake then. Try reducing the brightness on your device it might help

It’s actually pretty low as it is.

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    I’m on an ipad pro 10.5 ipados 13.2 and latest game version.

What i am noticing is the background changes after arena rounds. And some of those are the washed out version described in the thread.

*Here are some screenshots showing the differences.

I don't know, I found it nice. Maybe it's because, it's different. But as an arena grinder one's eye does get tired looking at the same animation over and over.

It’s not the animation. It’s the bright spot middle/bottom of the screen that gets to my eyes. And no matter where I look it’s relatively blinding to me 🤷‍♂️. I’d like to think I’m not old. But my vision is also 20/20
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

Hey, @JohnHS -

It's a Nexus 5x Android version 8.1.0

I kinda hope it's intended now. There are a bunch of different backgrounds and the color in some of them looks really cool.
  • Thanks for the information! It seems some of the assets aren't right so we are taking a look at that.