**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sentinal 6.1.2 bio hazard? 20% chance? What?

Maybe a moderator can help. I have the pacify mastery and blade and gr and starky and still catch a bleed while sentinal is stunned just about every other combo. It's only a 20% chance to begin with. Considering that without all that ability accuracy reduction I catch 3 bleeds per combo I guess it makes sense but come on. Nothing on my side with even higher percentage pops off like that. Please explain the math on this and explain why it doesn't work in reverse

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    It's rng. It had a decent chance to happen, so it did.
    Same fight can go every hit getting a bleed, or tons of hits and not a single bleed
  • BazahaildancnBazahaildancn Posts: 198
    Rng?
  • HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92
    Use corvus and don’t hit blocks
    How u figure a decent chance to happen? Start with a 20% chance. Turn reduce it by 40% then again by 40% then again by 10%. That's decent? I should have sooooo many more 5 and 6 stars if that's decent
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    "it does not work in reverse" because you are generally not getting hit that often, if you were it would trigger more often, I just had an issue where 2x my 15% digi cloak triggered today in a row doing arenas.
    I need real answers here. Corvus ain't that answer. I don't need to know who is bleed immune. I need to know how the kabam percentages work
    Besides that an r4 corvus won't make a dent before he runs out of charges
    I mean in crystals and drops and offensive procs as well.
    I guess I would like to know what that 20% is reduced to?

I guess I would like to know what that 20% is reduced to?

may seem like a stupid question but were you using blade? do you have a video?
    Case in point. Opened 3 uncollected arena crystals. All gold. Had 15% chance for units of hi h is far greater than the chance to catch a bleed from the bio hazard after all the reduction. I get bled in 3 hits but can't get units in 3 crystals

Case in point. Opened 3 uncollected arena crystals. All gold. Had 15% chance for units of hi h is far greater than the chance to catch a bleed from the bio hazard after all the reduction. I get bled in 3 hits but can't get units in 3 crystals

you need a lot more tests then that to even itself out. The rule is you need 1k random events following a standard distribution.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    4.92% while stunned
    8.4% while not stunned
    40% + ^45% = 58%
    58% + ^30% = 75.4%

20% - ^58% = 8.4%
    20% - ^75.4% = 4.92%
    Aryl said:

40% + ^45% = 58%
    58% + ^30% = 75.4%

20% - ^58% = 8.4%
    20% - ^75.4% = 4.92%

Ok, disagree with math. It's fine. Smh.
    Aryl said:

Aryl said:

40% + ^45% = 58%
    58% + ^30% = 75.4%

20% - ^58% = 8.4%
    20% - ^75.4% = 4.92%

treat them the same, just disagree with everything they say too lol.

Aryl said:

Aryl said:

40% + ^45% = 58%
    58% + ^30% = 75.4%

20% - ^58% = 8.4%
    20% - ^75.4% = 4.92%

I didn't vote for that formula.

Ok so it's only a 4.9% chance?
    95% reduction from a 20% chance leaves almost 5% chance. So a 95% chance really only reduces by 15%....I'm soo confused
    Yes I was using blade and the trilogy and yes I have vids
    Hey math dude. How does 40 plus 45 equal less than 60?
  • Dr_PhysicoDr_Physico Posts: 58

because basic math. 45% is the rate, 40 (which unfortunately has % as a unit too, that's what makes this so confusing) is the base value. you're then calculating the amount/part/whatever you call it (english is not my first language). you could also write it as "40 + (45% of 40)", if that makes more sense to you.
    45% of 40 are 18, so 40% + 18% gets you 58% in total. (i'm sure this calculation is shown in soooo many other threads, so sorry to everyone who already knew it.)
    edited November 2019

Are you serious?

Edit: trying to not get warned

95% reduction from a 20% chance leaves almost 5% chance. So a 95% chance really only reduces by 15%....I'm soo confused

Because it's 45% of 40%... you don't add up percentages.