**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Introducing Alliance Quest Modifiers

Comments

• Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Are the honor milestones peak milestones?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike can we get some explanation of how these points are accumulated so that map 5/6 alliances can see what this really means and plan for launch?

Can you also confirm that the buffs don’t affect your AQ score, only how much honor you receive?
  • Yes, looks like Milestones are Peak Milestones. No way you would be getting each of them as you go along.

And thought the buffs “would” affect AQ Points for each fight (but that the strength PI of the nodes would be the same).
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    Just another example of Kabam running out of ideas and lacking in creativity. "I know! Let's just add more nodes onto content that already exists and further suck resources from players."
  • ZzuccizzZzuccizz Posts: 2
    edited November 2019
    Will this be in addition to buffs already in place on maps we’re accustomed to? I.E.,poison, bleed etc. meaning running map 5, these buffs will be in addition to buffs already in used on these maps, not in place of
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Zzuccizz said:

Will this be in addition to buffs already in place on maps we’re accustomed to? I.E.,poison, bleed etc. meaning running map 5, these buffs will be in addition to buffs already in used on these maps, not in place of

Yes. They’re global buffs to be added, meaning on top of the current nodes.

Tbh, almost all of them aren’t a big deal except maybe Bane and Dismay, which could punish players quite badly especially towards the later days.

Well, it’s slightly more difficult fights for better rewards. Good for those who find AQ pretty stale and boring (which is what I think they were trying to address).
  • Raganator said:

Just another example of Kabam running out of ideas and lacking in creativity. "I know! Let's just add more nodes onto content that already exists and further suck resources from players."

Until we see the implementation I will reserve final judgment, but adding the ability for the players to customize AQ difficulty is actually a huge win for the players overall. I would say it is very likely that most alliances are "in between" maps, which is to say the map they are currently doing is relatively easy for them, but the next higher map is too hard for them. If you can't make the jump upward to the next map you're just trapped between maps. With this kind of system, players can choose to ratchet upward the difficulty of the map they are currently doing to get more points and more rewards without having to jump to the next map, if they aren't ready or simply don't want to.

The people that are saying this is bad for "the players" are basically saying that giving "the players" options is bad, if some players use the option and others don't, and the ones that do get some advantage out of using them. That's ludicrous. Letting alliances adjust their own AQ difficulty AND get more rewards for that effort is the very definition of a player-centric game feature.

It is very possible that my alliance, that is currently running way more casual than in the past, will actually fall in ranking when this feature is added. But I'm still going to try to see how I can use it to our advantage, I still think we'll end up getting more milestone rewards overall, and even if we don't directly benefit from the feature I would still support it on principle, because giving players options is in general a net improvement, even if it doesn't directly benefit me personally.

The choice to add the nodes is ultimately your officers. If they add nodes that "suck resources" from you, that's their fault not the game's fault.
  • NinjaTucNinjaTuc Posts: 58
    @Kabam Miike

Can we get some more info on this please how will it affect map 6x5?

Will you the addition be fixed amount of points added to aq scores or will it change with prestige?

Over all I think this is a good move Kabam I like that we can make the maps harder for more points etc abit more info on said things would be appreciated

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    edited November 2019
    This is very vague and on further thought my initial calculations, I left out items for consideration.

What happens if you run map 7 but decide to use a Normal global node for the week? Do you still get top honors because you are doing map 7? My guess is not but just giving us the milestone rewards without a scoring system is just lazy. Why not wait to announce it with all the required information instead of confusing everyone.

I would think that each map is worth (x) amount, increasing the higher the map while the nodes from normal are worth (B) amount, Heroic worth (C) amount and Master Global Nodes worth (D )amount.
    It’s likely a multiplier system.

Where maybe it’s Map Multiplier x Global Node Multiplier = Honor Score.
  • CELEZECELEZE Posts: 46
    edited November 2019
    AQ Modifiers will provide Additional points to your Overall Alliance Quest Score, but do not affect the PI of Champions on the Quest Board. The Bonus points are not 1 to 1 with Honor Points, but I will see if I can find out how much the bonus would be.

@Kabam Miike any news on these? How much bonus points we get to add to the final score?
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Forgot one more buff - server explosion
  • _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    still says coming soon in my alliance, this is our 2nd day
  • _Reef said:

still says coming soon in my alliance, this is our 2nd day

Read opening sentence of initial announcement, says will be available November 15, so NOT this current AQ series (which is just as well, considering server problem this past day).
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    Why can't we view previous days scores in AQ anymore?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    So @Kabam Miike I know things have been nuts, but it’d be helpful to the users if someone could explain how points are earned for honor (besides just saying that 777x5 gets top rewards), how it affects your AQ point score, and what the changes to the glory store are.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    We're almost to the next AQ, any news on the new map 7 mini-boss?
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike Given everything that's happened are these still scheduled to be introduced next AQ cycle?
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    MCOC Team said:

Bane: Whichever Champion lands the first hit will place a Curse on the opposing Champion which deals {1}% of their current Health as Direct Damage per second. Whenever a Champion with the Curse strikes the other Champion or if the Curse has been on the same Champion for {2} seconds, it passes to the other Champion.

Are these values correct? Bane switching every 2 seconds?
    Anything in the bracket is a variable.
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    xNig said:

Anything in the bracket is a variable.

Ah, thanks.
    Just to clarify, it’s most likely a variable based on which level that node is at.

Eg Limited Immunity has 3 levels iirc, 8 seconds, 18 seconds, 30 seconds. So the variable time is reflected as { x } when the node description is out.
  • NegritisNegritis Posts: 58

MCOC Team said:

Bane: Whichever Champion lands the first hit will place a Curse on the opposing Champion which deals {1}% of their current Health as Direct Damage per second. Whenever a Champion with the Curse strikes the other Champion or if the Curse has been on the same Champion for {2} seconds, it passes to the other Champion.

Are these values correct? Bane switching every 2 seconds?
    {2} doesnt mean 2 here, its the second parameter here
    if you know python programming its a bit similar to how .format() works, and i guess its the same in word press
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    It’s just means it could last a certain ammount of time but it’s not specified yet
  • Hoger45Hoger45 Posts: 7
    So question cause I’m still confused, can you get honor rewards doing map 6 and all different modifiers on according days?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    I’m said earlier it was smail I’m stil Hav to point out fier5b is really a good change