**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Doom and crits

Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

I have fought a few Dooms now and I cannot seem to get a crit. I got maybe 1 in 7 fights. Domino, Cap, even when I stun him. Only one who crits for me is Corvus.

Is there something in his abilities, because I have carefully read them and I can't find it. Same for all the nodes.

My Domino and Cap are 5-65, rest are 4-55.

Comments

• One of my alliance members took a video of him using SG against doom and there were no crits or very very little
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Oh, yeah, that would be in the stats which are inaccessible from the fight screen. If you don't have the champ, there's no way you can know. That's not really fair. I don't mind the resistance, but I would have brought different champs if I could have known.
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    edited November 2019
    Yeah it's about crit resistance !
    I may be wrong, but I think this is the first champion with a crit resistance different from zero.
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    If you want to beat him easily you have to use a champion with granteed crits such as Corvus, Ghost, Wasp, ...
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yeah, his crit resistance is crazy. Brought in my 5/50 Sparky and got to 10 poise charges every time and got maybe 3 crits over the course of 7 fights.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Marri_2 said:

Oh, yeah, that would be in the stats which are inaccessible from the fight screen. If you don't have the champ, there's no way you can know. That's not really fair. I don't mind the resistance, but I would have brought different champs if I could have known.

You could, you know, read his champion spotlight or do some actual research.
  • NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118
    JohnHS said:

Marri_2 said:

Oh yea... because the champion spotlights are ALWAYS 100% correct.... lol oh wait no they aren't. I.E. old man logan
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    zeezee57 said:

He has in his base stats major crit resistance as well as by far the highest armor rating in the game. This is from a 5/65 (not mine of course) and shows his crazy stats.

So does that mean he resists 36% of the time? Genuine question as I never pay too much attention to any this stuff lol.
    If so it appears to be working a lot more then stated
  • So far I have yet to land a crit on him
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Jack0312 said:

Yeah it's about crit resistance !
    I may be wrong, but I think this is the first champion with a crit resistance different from zero.

Km has it aswell
    JohnHS said:

Marri_2 said:

I did. Resistance, block prof, block penetration etc are not in the spotlight.
    zeezee57 said:

He has in his base stats major crit resistance as well as by far the highest armor rating in the game. This is from a 5/65 (not mine of course) and shows his crazy stats.

Thank you, this is what I wanted to see.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Marri_2 said:

JohnHS said:

Marri_2 said:

I did. Resistance, block prof, block penetration etc are not in the spotlight.
    Oh, my bad. I saw it on Truco's channel I think. Or one of the dataminers. Thought it was somewhere more easily accessible.
    Once in all the fights I did. Which is adding up since I am almost done exploring the Doom Quest. I don't mind some crit resistance, but this is to such an extent that I feel it should be mentioned in the abilities. It ManThing 2.0.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    The only crits I’ve landed on Doom are guaranteed Corvus and Ghost crits. Besides that it’s been chipping away at his health 1% at a time
  • AlrulzAlrulz Posts: 46
    Also I’ve noticed that I take some parry damage when using CapIW due to Doom’s block penetration
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    Just use blade or anyone really and don’t knock him down, when his aura triggers just back off and don’t hit him and evade his L1. Swipe back just after he charges his kamehameya blast thing and you’ll evade it
  • Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 282
    The whole USP of Dooms character design is that 95% of champs can't crit against him and his armour rating is so high that non crit attacks do very little damage. By hitting him you're just giving him power to do his thing with the specials.

He needs a guaranteed crit champ or damage over time, as he has no immunity to bleed and poison. Needs to be a champ who doesn't need to crit to cause the debuffs. I've used Nick Fury, Mysterio, Corvus, Ghost, and Quake amongst others.
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92
    Marri_2 said:

Hey guys,

I have fought a few Dooms now and I cannot seem to get a crit. I got maybe 1 in 7 fights. Domino, Cap, even when I stun him. Only one who crits for me is Corvus.

Is there something in his abilities, because I have carefully read them and I can't find it. Same for all the nodes.

My Domino and Cap are 5-65, rest are 4-55.

Void is the answer ...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fe10Rox_8Ok
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

The whole USP of Dooms character design is that 95% of champs can't crit against him and his armour rating is so high that non crit attacks do very little damage. By hitting him you're just giving him power to do his thing with the specials.

He needs a guaranteed crit champ or damage over time, as he has no immunity to bleed and poison. Needs to be a champ who doesn't need to crit to cause the debuffs. I've used Nick Fury, Mysterio, Corvus, Ghost, and Quake amongst others.

Human Torch destroys him for me as you'll literally be at max temp then whole fight and the nova flames will just melt his HP away as he has a low health pool