**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 4 1,2,3*s ONLY

As Kabam Mike started on a Podcast, Variant 4 COULD be a 1,2,3s only or perhaps they get a bonus. Maybe 4s and 5s get a deduction. Someone deleted my last poll which makes me think this is true. If it is true, do you think it’s a good idea? I do since I’m an endgame player and would love to use 3s I don’t have as 5s. Thoughts?

Variant 4 1,2,3*s ONLY 149 votes

Yes
63%
PantherusNZthetaman23BadroseBrightfireHDzuffyChovnerHeraldofNoneEmil_LimsonphillgreenTerraChopinAsLexTeddersthe_furry_oneUncle_Fatty_247ЗАКСОЛИНExHavokLightvayneKennadoJEbertSavio444 95 votes
No
36%
DL864GamerMr_PlatypusMagicBentonRaganatorFrostyMhykkeRazorDevilJDunk2291SpeedbumpJim0172Lvernon15DarthHaasTonyViegas1990SammyJankisNojokejaymGrimmbear_ASDF_HendrossPriyansh7 54 votes

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    The post got deleted due to being a rumor, since those aren't allowed here
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Yes
    Well I think it would be great to be held to only 4 stars and below. It would make having champs I never use fun to play.
  • Yes
    If by 1,2,3's you mean stars, then yeah. 3 stars are easy to rank up, and am pretty sure they would add some big buffs or enhanced abilities to make 3*s viable. And most endgame players have nearly every 3 star available and awakened.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Yes
    I think if they buffed up the nodes properly, a 1,2 or 3* challenge would be amazing. Get some use of those champs collecting dust :P
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Feel sorry for the guys who sold anything under 4* but as a variant (side quest) would be a good way for us to test champs we haven’t had a chance with, at my stage in the game r5 resources are so slow to come by and the best teams require synergies, which requires a lot of resources to build one team of r4/r5s. When you have a handful of 5/65s there isn’t a lot of motivation to tryout these new champs at r3/r4 in hard situations as it’s way easier to use the r5s I have to clear content. So it would be a great way for me to try out a ghost team or a sparkles with fury and dead pool team to see if I want to head that way with my next R5 rankup
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    No
    Maybe in classic difficulty lol. Seriously this doesn’t make any sense. Maybe same champ of all stars. Idk.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    You can use your 3*’s in the new variant, as well in the previous variants. Is it a good idea? Don’t know, does it matter?
    The possibility of them getting a bonus should not be the prime factor in deciding on whether to use them or not though, fun should be. If you think you’ll have fun using them in any sort of Variant content, then by all means, use them 👍

Edit: forgot to type some words 😇
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Why is this even a conversation? If it's 3*s and the typical variant rewards, you just gave 5* 3-4 gems and a 4-5 gem to accounts that could be like a month old. It makes having good champs meaningless. If it's rewards appropriate for 3*s, then why even bother? Sorry, terrible idea.

There's ways around that like having say the paths be normal variant level content but having bosses have a node that gives lower star champions some sort of bonus or a rarity gate before the boss even
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Yes

Well I think it would be great to be held to only 4 stars and below. It would make having champs I never use fun to play.

Agreed. Plus it would be a true test of skill if perfectly tuned.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

As Kabam Mike started on a Podcast, Variant 4 COULD be a 1,2,3s only or perhaps they get a bonus. Maybe 4s and 5s get a deduction. Someone deleted my last poll which makes me think this is true. If it is true, do you think it’s a good idea? I do since I’m an endgame player and would love to use 3s I don’t have as 5s. Thoughts?

You were supposed to keep that a secret
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    No

okay 2 things I have to say to this

1) interesting idea.
    2) why is this not in Suggestions and Requests? All Miike said was to not sell those rarities of champions. And I believe that's just because he's a smart guy who knows selling champions reduces your shard gain and all that. You're just speculating.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

On "a" podcast - if it was said anywhere, it was said on the UMCOC Podcast. Episode 99 where they were interviewing Kabam Miike and Kabam Thel. ;) Cite your sources! (I say this as the podcast hostess.)

The UMCOC Podcast can be found on Itunes Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, Soundcloud and Spotify by searching UMCOC.

As to whether this particular tidbit is true, well. I mean. It's always a bad idea to sell your champs, isn't it? B)

-Dragon, hostess of the UMCOC Podcast
    That was one of my favorite Sundays in a long time. A lot of interaction. Live shows are so much better than listening to them on Tuesdays.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    No
    4*s and below sure, not a big fan of 3*s and below, but that’s because I’ve only got 7 maxed 3*s lol
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Not necessarily variant, I'd prefer to see lol like content with several difficulties, where only 3* allowed for rewards giving 4* gems and crystals, 4* with higher difficulty giving 5* rewards, and 5* difficulty giving 6* rewards. Would give some motivation to rank 3-4* champs at any time, and being skill based, would've give decent challenge at every difficulty. Plus good for new players progression, given they have decent skill
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    Yes
    I wanna see something like that for a while now, hopefully all of my preparations will worth it.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    I would be down for this, but no gates, instead tie rewards to progression. Encourage folks to become Cavalier or Uncollected and reward those of us who have like 50 max rank 3*.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    No
    No more restrictions