**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Updated Arenas? Sure you upgraded Monthly rewards but Arena needs Care and Attention to.....

Comments

• CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    At least they need to replace the PHC Shards with 3 star, 4 star and Finally 5 star crystal shards over the milestones achieved...... the Gold and Units should also be increased.......... and the Rank rewards.......They can increase the amount of shards we get.....we put in enormous time for grinding.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

So, as a Content Creator who is super-passionate about arenas (and isn't quiet about it), I'm going to chime in on this thread, because while there might not be anything that Kabam can share just yet, I can give you a list of things I've given them, and that have gotten visibility to the right teams. Including talking to people from Kabam at NYCC about it directly.

• A detailed breakdown of precisely what percentage of people are able to achieve a champion from the 5* arena based on the "daily player" group that I estimated were able to do this arena with enough time, energy, effort and money. (I estimated approximately 250 champs handed out across 90,000 Summoners.)
    • A detailed breakdown of how much time it took me to put up 76 million points for the Claire Voyant arena. I spent more than 48 hours grinding arena in 72 hours. When you compare the approximate 10-ish hours that a 4* featured grind takes me, the disparity is alarming in a variety of ways. Even a "smaller" grind for the 5* featured arena - such as a 40 million point grind, requires approximately 25 hours (less if you use refreshes) to achieve that score.
    • Suggestions on multiple ways that arena could be changed, including a 5* Basic arena, rewards refreshes, percentage changes for champion grants that I don't think will be game-breaking, as well as other options to get more champions into the hands of people who don't want to buy them.
    In the first detailed breakdown I mention (it was pretty extensive, about 4 pages of broken down math for how many champions are actually dispersed into the game outside crystals), I go on to not only articulate the percentage of people, but the cost required. That includes unit, monetary, and a hint at the time cost. This also included a...shall we say, passionate defense of the "arena grinder" player and play style, because while I do spend on this game, I don't use it on crystals. If I want a champ badly enough - I go for the guarantee and run the arena. There are more people like me, who are not able to go after champs they want because of the current arena design and that's unacceptable in the long term (from my perspective).

In the second detailed breakdown that took a specific deep dive at the time involved in an arena - I made sure they understood the disparity between the arenas - just how HIGH the ramp up is to go from doing the Basic, to the Featured 4* to the Featured 5*. I used my roster as the one constant across the three arenas, as I've done enough now that I understand the time investment needed and can speak to it off hand. The time investments are pretty nuts once I broke it all down. Especially the ramp up to the Featured 5*. (My conclusion was that unless you spent approximately 2-3 Odins or had a sizable unit stash on hand, you were risking your physical health for the 72 hour arena because of the time you'd need to invest to put up a score like 70 million.)

For suggestions - much of what I focused on was increasing the amount of champions granted, or switching over to a percentage system. The only reason I didn't strongly advocate for a rewards update was because - 1. Any time you talk about adding resources, game economics comes into it, which is a huge/massive discussion and there's no one "right" answer that is going to be easy. And 2. It wasn't the change I actually wanted. As nice as a rewards update would be, what I really want to see is arena scores drop to something more consistently feasible, and have more champions in the hands of people without needing to buy dozens of crystals to do it.

Finally, as someone who does talk to Kabam regularly (I am part of the UMCOC podcast who got the chance to interview Kabam Thel and Kabam Miike last Sunday) as a part of the CCP, and who is decidedly not quiet about her opinion - I can tell you that the silence means they don't have anything they can say. It doesn't mean they aren't listening. If it helps to have me say they're listening, well, I can assure you, they are.

I can also tell you that a whole bunch of the CCP is on the same page as you guys about some of the changes that are desired and is advocating for them, strongly. With everything else though, change takes time, but tagging the mods and asking them to say something when they have nothing they can say won't make you feel better.

I'm hoping that sharing this reassures you a bit that they are listening, they do hear us in regards to this stuff, and they are talking about how they can fix it and make it better.

-Dragon
    Really glad to hear all that, Dragon. Thanks for the info.
    Seriously, one of the best things they could do at this point is add GMC shards in place of PHC shards. Like seriously. Those things are basically worthless at this point. We get them in enough places anyway. GMC shards are really hard to get, and they're actually somewhat useful to Uncollected and Cavalier Summoners.

Also the Featured 5* arena seems to be a problem. I don't grind it (I don't have anywhere near the roster required), but those arena cutoffs are ridiculously high at this point. They really should switch to a percent based system. Maybe top 5%? I know the 4* Basic always has reasonable scores for the rewards. The featured arenas need to be upgraded as well.
  • FalongFalong Posts: 125
    still have so many bot in top150 , i chack all profile, some are over 600k pvp win ? oh well they dont have life since 5 years on game, , i saw a profil he was lower stat than me, i m over 400k pvp win i ve won a lot of arena feat 4* since 2015 and 5* feat when introduced that arena, but i cant do it anymore, , i saw a profil in top50 , his stat are over 800k !!! , and he s also win t4b arena, his score over 80m and also can do 5m ++ on t5b ? i know he s boting, his account available 24h on 24h , i dont do feat arena anymore
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Start by banning the cheaters.

You know who Cheats
  • AknylmzAknylmz Posts: 38
    Wishing you banned bots. Hear my voice!
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

Aaaaand game been down for hours and this thread has been ignored lol...
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★

Monthly Quest have been updated, but they have been updated because of a community uproar..that wouldnt happen if it wasnt for people bad mouthing the rewards for november.

How about changes to Sunday Arena?

maybe a t2alpha arena?

a basic 5* arena?

maybe its time to increase the arena rewards and milestones?

I find myself grinding over 14m now just to get into top 10% in featured 5*.

BUT...Doom having an insane 10850 prestige he will BREAK RECORDS in the arena.

With the recent arena just ending, and plenty of video out and on the arena ranks in the game itself there are bots, there are even account who are 50k pi showing up and having LOL Ultron Unlocked in there accounts.

I dont think arena is being monitored nor is it being fair to those who actually grind the champion.

Sure if someone makes top 150 in 5* arena or top 800 4* arena then gets banned,
    what happens to the person that got screwed over? rank 151? rank 801? They dont get the champ...

All the Arena bots that have been showing up or that are still being used,

people also have arena mercs that play or grind on someone elses account to do arena. Is that FAIR?
    and should all that be even tolerated? because...it happens. It ruins people who grind 5/4* arenas.

Agreed.

I think the top things to address/update/implement are:
    1. 5* Basic Arena
    2. Grandmaster crystals vs. PHC
    3. Sunday Dungeons
    4. Updating rewards in general
    Man...with all the things happening in mcoc right now.

i REALLY think an arena revamp will make the ENTIRE community happy.

better and updated arena rewards is something that needs to take priority aswel.
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    I do believe Miike briefly commented upon this during the outage in the 'Let's Chat' thread. It is on the agenda. However, where it is in terms of priorities is not known. Judging by the general lack of updates to Arena, not high on the priorities list currently. Let's also note, they're jammed up right now fixing the ongoing issues since Friday, getting the AW Season Rewards in order, discussing and planning compensation packages, not to mention gearing up for the Anniversary EQ.

So unfortunately an Arena update would appear to be on the backburner still. Which blows, but is understandable all things considered. As covered by @Aria_Lerendeair (quite the comprehensive post BTW, loved it), they are listening and seemingly aware that we want updates to Arena. Hopefully we see something occur in the early months of 2020. In the meantime, never hurts to keep throwing little nudges and ideas out there 😉.
    the thing is arena is something we do EVERY day...
    YET AQ gets a revamped with glory store and modifiers?

my buddy just did 14.2m and he didnt qualify for 10%...

meanwhile i had to increase my numbers and i did 15,2m..
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Why not make a different bracket? These days everybody that has played more than 2 months is in veteran bracket. Why not make a new bracket that you base on amount of 6*’s for example. I only spend on sig deals every now and then and on 4th of july, cyber monday and christmas deals. I’ve done all content 100% except for 6.2 and 6.3 and I’ve never gotten a decent champ from 5* arena. I’ve been top 151-170 5 times already (highest score I missed the champ with was I think 50.7 mil). I don’t really like competing with guys with 60 or even more 6*’s tbh. And most of those guys don’t even grind arena theirselfes.

In the beginning of this year arena cheaters and bot users were banned for a month and arena scores that got you the champ dropped significantly. I don’t really feel like grinding 100 mil in arena for dr doom with 18 6*’s and 109 5*’s and for a mostly free to play player that is a lot.
    Even raising the amount of players to get the 5* from 150 to like 300 would be great
    Just check marvel trucos on facebook, 100% correct
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    I put up 7.2M. How did I only get 500 shards?
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    Izze_King said:

You need 7.5m to get the 1000 5* shards and 100 6* shards.
  • А почему не кто не говорит про помощь над каждым ботом сколько можно это терпеть зачем было придумывать эти бесполезные кнопки. Приходится листать мобов 50штук в низ что бы выбрать персонажей .
  • И не говорите что они быстрее откатываются они не могут откатываться так как не кто не нажимает эту унылую кнопку помощи . Сколько можно ждать когда уже уберут кнопки помощи над персонажеми .
  • Так и не будет ответа что ли ????
    Когда уберут кнопки с арены на над персами что бы они после их использования уходили автоматически вниз
    Ну или если вы не в состоянии их убрать сделайте в настройках (убрать помощь) что бы мне ее не видеть так как она мне приносит дискомфорт
    Хоть и я на нее не когда не нажимаю мне очень не хотелось бы ее видеть
  • psychodadpsychodad Posts: 24
    tidusx2jr said:

Izze_King said:

Except that kind of reinforces the point many have been making. a year ago, I could put up 6.3M to get the 1000 shards. 6 months ago I could do it consistently with 6.5M. and today 7.3M isn't enough even for a lower quality champ? it's taking more and more grind to get the same blah rewards.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Arena update is indeed way overdue. As many other have said, gating arena rewards by progress would be great.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 534 ★★★
    psychodad said:

tidusx2jr said:

Izze_King said:

Except that kind of reinforces the point many have been making. a year ago, I could put up 6.3M to get the 1000 shards. 6 months ago I could do it consistently with 6.5M. and today 7.3M isn't enough even for a lower quality champ? it's taking more and more grind to get the same blah rewards.
    As more players join the game and get to the point where they are grinding arenas, the score needed will continue to climb. Until they open a new arena, like a 5* basic, you won't see the scores drop.
    tidusx2jr said:

Izze_King said:

Since when??? I have been playing arena non stop for years. 6.8 was the bar a week ago. Not 7.5. It’s never been 7.5. The only time I see that being possible is for a champ that’s really good like Doom is about to be, but 7.5 for Civil Warrior? Someone in my alliance put up 3M and got the same rewards is me, so you’re tell me I ground 2x as hard for nothing? Next it will be 8M then 9. I’m not putting up 9M to gain the same rewards as someone who put 4. If you don’t think there’s a problem here then continue your grind. The rest of us want change.
  • psychodadpsychodad Posts: 24
    JollyHawk said:

psychodad said:

tidusx2jr said:

Izze_King said:

As more players join the game and get to the point where they are grinding arenas, the score needed will continue to climb. Until they open a new arena, like a 5* basic, you won't see the scores drop.
    I'm aware of why it's climbing higher and higher. I'm simply stating that is proof that we need a change to arena. we shouldn't have to grind that much for only 1000 5* shards and 100 6* shards.

If the challenge is increasing but the rewards remain the same, there's a problem.
    psychodad said:

JollyHawk said:

psychodad said:

tidusx2jr said:

Izze_King said:

I'm aware of why it's climbing higher and higher. I'm simply stating that is proof that we need a change to arena. we shouldn't have to grind that much for only 1000 5* shards and 100 6* shards.

If the challenge is increasing but the rewards remain the same, there's a problem.
    Exactly. Why are we doing more work for the same payout? People using bots doesn’t help either. New players joining doesn’t raise the bar. It’s top players who raise the bar. Putting up insane high scores making it impossible for guys who don’t have the roster or the units to refresh champs.