**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
edited January 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Bolt1993Bolt1993 Posts: 7
    I’ve been experiencing a severe lagging issue as well. I rebooted my phone I am an IOS user I have the IPhone XS Max 256GB app is up to date I also ran a data speed test my download speed was well over 100mbps per second the issue happened on both mobile data as well as WiFi so it was def a bug that came out with the most recent update yesterday.
  • CheliosChelios Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Chelios OGrady
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.1.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon Wireless
    Game Version Installed: 25.0.1
    Game Mode: For me, Story Quests & Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: I was not awarded a significant amount of XP when completing the story and event quests and then it kept repeating the same fight over and over again and would not let me progress.
  • SiAwesomeSiAwesome Posts: 3
    Hello I have an IPhone 7 Version 13.0.1 and the game won’t work. Period. Every time I load in, it says something about maintenance. It doesn’t seem like this is happening to other people tho.
  • AmWhoIamAmWhoIam Posts: 4
    here4now
    Galaxy s8, android version 9
    Current game update from today.
    Let me in to exhaust energy in aq and then wouldn't let me back in game.
    even though I find it pointless at this point.
    Tried both with wifi and cellular data.
  • GardoshGardosh Posts: 75
    Gardosh
    iPhone 7
    Version 13.1.3
    WiFi and cellular
    Current version 25.0.1
    Event Quests and Arena
    Have had to repeat several fights after defeating them in event quest. In arena, after winning one fight, game would freeze then disconnect. This happened multiple times and never registered the fight.
  • DSerrDSerr Posts: 4
    Dserr12
    iPhone11
    Lost win streak in herald of destruction and very time you exit and return the champions change.
  • DSerrDSerr Posts: 4
    Dserr12
    iPhone 11
    Will not let me play herald of destruction every time I win a fight it comes up that I lost.
  • LonnyLundLonnyLund Posts: 1
    iPad Pro, iPhone 8
    Both on iOS 13.1.3

Laggy performance in game, most notably when try to push the special move button. It is often ending up as a block, seems inaccurate since the recent two updates.

Today’s update won’t let me claim my rewards, when I try the red internet link down icon appears and the game freezes.

Also when I go to claim solo quest rewards it says I’ve lost connection and kicks me to the reconnect screen.
  • LadiaterLadiater Posts: 1
    Ladiater
    IOS 13.2
    Iphone X
    wifi, 4G and latest version of game

Arena: Still having problems with arena fights. I won the fights but got 2 times connection lost before the rewards screen and after that it said there was an error and no pvp match could be found. I lost 2 out of 3 fights while i won them all and so losing my streak due to error. Got problems with mcoc after the new update.

When will this be fixed on IOS, because now I can't grind for champions in Arena's?
  • SlimmooSlimmoo Posts: 1
    Slimmeoo
    iPhone X
    Latest IOS
    Latest version MCOC
    Both WIFI / Cellular

Versus - battled 6*, won then connection failed. Changed to cellular, no improvement. Reloaded played next 6*, same results. And of course it defaults it as a loss!!
  • Jackson05Jackson05 Posts: 13
    edited November 2019
    iPhone 8
    Update 13.2.2
    Latest version MCOC
    WiFi

Can not collect
    Solo objective reward: win fights against villains = 1,000 5* shards& tier 2 crystal

Causes game to crash
  • SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 343 ★★
    iPhone XR
    iOS 13.2.2
    Latest version of MCOC (25.0.1)
    Wifi / cellular
    Game mode: AQ, AW

Issue: when starting a fight in AQ or A sometimes I get disconnected at the start of the fight, the game crashes and when logging back in half of the health is taken as penalty.

It has happened on wifi / cellular over the last couple of days.
  • Bighead2071Bighead2071 Posts: 1
    Bighead2071.
    iPad Pro. Iphone X.
    Latest iOS.

All champions. Arena stalls after victory (similar to Gambit24). Freeze never ends.

Restart is possible but I get a network error and the arena victory is replaced with a loss. Tried again. Same result.

Run of 32 victories derailed by bugs.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    In-Game Name: n0ux
    Device and Model:iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.2
    Cellular or WiFi: 4G / WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 25.0.1
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: game performance is unplayable with all champions but mostly when using Omega Red. Game runs so bad about 10fps its impossible to parry or do anything. It you are not optimising your game performance at least remove support for certain devices that this game is unplayable. But again i seen post in here that people having performance issues even on iPhone XS.
    Maybe its time to start hiring professional programmers instead of getting college interns to do your cheap labour and avoid this kind of mess what are u having on monthly basis with different issues that u cant solve.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    Model: do you even care
    Latest iOS and game

Saying that everything is now OK is a bit overstated. In most fights there are specials not firing, parry not holding and movement unprovoked. On top of that everything from normal speed to fights on steroids and going much faster.
  • SiAwesomeSiAwesome Posts: 3
    IPhone 7
    Version 13.0.2
    InGame Name: SiAwesome
    The game won’t let me claim my hero use rewards or a few of my other rewards. Whenever I try the game glitches and says there is no wifi. Plz fix this, I’m getting fed up
  • In game name - Ap5501
    Device - iPhone 7
    Operating system - IOS13.1.3
    Game version - 25.0.1
    WiFi and 4g through EE

In game issue - unable to claim rewards from solo events (mutant combat) or from fantastic friends and foes event (defeating villain champs).
    Also experiencing issues around block not working, press the screen to block and it periodically doesn’t work as does heavy attack and dexterity and parry.
  • ShinkataShinkata Posts: 1
    In game name - Shinkata
    Device - iPhone X
    Operating system - IOS13.1.2
    Game version - 25.0.1
    WiFi and 4G

In game issue - unable to claim rewards from Summoner’s Sigil. Disconnects when attempting to collect
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    iphone 6 up-to-date. Keeps crashing when loading the champions screen, sometimes in arena also causing me to lose streaks. By crashing I mean the game completely closes. Also experience a lot of lag on the crystals and champions pages.
  • Biggpoppa187Biggpoppa187 Posts: 7
    edited November 2019
    Bigpoppah187
    Lg g6 thin q 4gb ram
    Wifi 23ms ping
    Quake not evading while charging heavy with Nick Fury synergy. Gameplay also seems sped up in daily event quest...also unblockable medium attack node seems to be only using medium attacks; seems kind of unfair. If I go to attack or stand my ground and try dex'ing i'm met with a devastating counter. Can't hit into block because they become unstoppable. Please fix
  • SpeedySori
    iPhone 8 Plus
    IOS 13.2.2
    Wifi
    Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena
    When I am moving the camera it lags or when i tap in to a fight it lags.
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 358 ★★★
    IGName: Trublu
    iPhone 6s
    4g, Wifi

Network connection issue, happens

Corvus armour breaks, Parry appears on screen but no stun - AW

All champs - parry but stun is significantly reduced to almost unnoticeable -all modes.

Crystals (class available from shop) claim 10% chance of 4* but no 3 or 4* appear no matter how long you watch the crystal.
  • Might I suggest an active refresh and cool down and of AI from arena to other content as Ive notice the harder my arena get so does the the AI in regular fights. The AI seems to be so ramped up at certain points that it changes the game speed ,adds in effects from other characters and basically any other bug that exist. If you write a script with new boundrys and or new movement speed such a dr dooms new auto attack after special 3 this is going to bleed into AI and it will infect other champs and gameplay. Stop breaking the AI rules of scripting combat, you are ruining our game.
    bigpoppah187
    Lg g6 4g ram
    Wifi