**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Register for war

Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
edited November 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
@Kabam Miike

Another issue will now occur bc of this nearly 4 hour maintenance. Allies that may have not “registered” for the next war prior to this blackout, may now be screwed there too (in addition to being screwed out of an hour for aq day 1). Do you guys have a plan or have you thought about this scenario too?

Comments

• SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    Considering the fact one can 'Enlist' for the next war over 24 hours ahead of time... I think that one falls on Alliance leadership. Now if Matchmaking doesn't occur correctly, they were Enlisted, and don't get a match, I believe that would qualify said Alliance for a 'Bye.' In which case, easy points and rewards. Not entirely sure if this maintenance will affect matchmaking. I guess that's remained to be seen. Judging by the time it's taking, this isn't an easy fix.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Yep. It’s alwaus the player’s fault.

You didn’t finish aq before the game broke? That’s your fault player. You didn’t enlist in next war 24 hours in advance? You suck.

Why is it so hard to just rely on kabam having a game that works?
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Our ally hadn’t enlisted for AW matchmaking before game went down. Game back up and we’ve missed out through no fault of ours. This will wreck our season if we miss a war.
    The “you can enlist 24 hours before so it’s your fault” is nonsense.
  • Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 338 ★★
    My alliance was registered for war 100% for sure, not registered anymore after maintenance
  • jilanibuxjilanibux Posts: 64
    So this happened still.
    Enlisted before the maintenance. Did not get through to matchmaking.

• IcewolveIcewolve Posts: 7
    Ours had the same issue, we Registered came back and it says we missed the registration window, Not cool during War season
  • Thecurler said:

Our ally hadn’t enlisted for AW matchmaking before game went down. Game back up and we’ve missed out through no fault of ours. This will wreck our season if we miss a war.

Seriously, it kind of is. Why wait? As soon as Matchmaking ends, you can Enlist for the next war. You have from the end of Matchmaking til right before the start of the next matchmaking. That's well over 24 hours. To be exact, it's a 44 hour window. 4 hours Matchmaking is up, during that time, you cannot Enlist. During the rest of placement, all of attack, and up until the next matchmaking phase you have time to tap 'Enlist' and Confirm. What I'm stating is fact. Why anyone would wait until after war ends is beyond me.
    Crumb3307 said:

My alliance was registered for war 100% for sure, not registered anymore after maintenance

Now in this case, that's kind of screwy.
    jilanibux said:

So this happened still.

This also is a bit weird and messed up. If you were Enlisted and it did that... that's rough. If you waited over 40 hours to hit Enlist and got locked out, well that's unfortunate, but a little on you.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    Same here we were enlisted and game come back up and we are no longer enlisted with war season in full force this is a major issue.
  • rnr87 said:

Same here we were enlisted and game come back up and we are no longer enlisted with war season in full force this is a major issue.

That's crazy how many were Enlisted and didn't get matches. We got matched. So it wasn't everyone, but clearly a few got screwed.
  • Thecurler said:

Thecurler said:

Seriously, it kind of is. Why wait? As soon as Matchmaking ends, you can Enlist for the next war. You have from the end of Matchmaking til right before the start of the next matchmaking. That's well over 24 hours. To be exact, it's a 44 hour window. 4 hours Matchmaking is up, during that time, you cannot Enlist. During the rest of placement, all of attack, and up until the next matchmaking phase you have time to tap 'Enlist' and Confirm. What I'm stating is fact. Why anyone would wait until after war ends is beyond me.
    Crumb3307 said:

jilanibux said:

So this happened still.

This also is a bit weird and messed up. If you were Enlisted and it did that... that's rough. If you waited over 40 hours to hit Enlist and got locked out, well that's unfortunate, but a little on you.
    Maybe we had registered already. I assumed we hadn’t because we got the same message about not being enlisted.
    Most of the time we register early but someone always checks after war has ended... at that point there is approx 4 hours before matchmaking starts so we’re hardly cutting it fine.
    I find it astonishing people genuinely view alliances being at fault in these instances.
    Using your logic we shouldn’t expect the game to function as it should. If the game breaks then it’s our fault and we should expect to lose out. I couldn’t disagree more.
    I don't blame anyone if they were proactive and got screwed by the glitch. However, I find it rather ridiculous if someone were to blame Kabam for them missing Enlistment because they waited too long. The mishaps that prevented us from being in game are on them. For sure. Just the same, people need to own their side of things if they waited is all I'm saying. If you have well over 24 hours to do something, anywhere in life, wait til the last minute to do it believing that you'll be all good and something comes up preventing you from doing such... that's kind of on you for procrastinating is my point. If you did this action and got burned by a glitch in the system, that's definitely not on you.
  • CapatomCapatom Posts: 20
    Same with us ..we were enlisted and now it says we are not!! Hope some moderator addresses this .. a lot of threads are opened complaining about the same issue ..
  • alxtoralxtor Posts: 16
    Yeap also my alliance were enlisted and now is blocked and not able this will affect our season effort
    And we are screwed too @Kabam Miike

Literally if this isn’t fixed, I’m done.
    And we are screwed too @Kabam Miike

Literally if this isn’t fixed, I’m done.
  • migofmigof Posts: 15
    It is true that there are 24 hours to enlist, but if I want to enlist in the last 10 seconds because the rules and parameters of the game allow it, it is not my fault that the game has not allowed it. It would have been different if one received a prior notice then I could have paid attention to doing so prior to any maintenance. But an emergency maintenance affected us in a surprising way and if that acted against the normal guidelines of the game it is not our fault.
  • FlavorFlaveFlavorFlave Posts: 89
    We were enlisted before maintenace and when it came back live it said we weren't enlisted after matchmaking had already begun?
  • FlavorFlaveFlavorFlave Posts: 89

• IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    edited November 2019
    Same for us, and we confirmed enlistement
  • Brutus2099Brutus2099 Posts: 52
    jilanibux said:

So this happened still.

Same happened for Bev.2
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    I know it’s crazy at the moment but would be nice to have any mod at least acknowledge this thread
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Same for us @Kabam Miike we are no longer enlisted for war and therefore locked outs need a fix asap
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Just noticed there are several threads on this topic. I believe that all alliances should receive a bye for this war given the extended duration of emergency maintenance. We also enlisted as soon as the previous attack phase commenced as I always do and we’ve been deregistered from it. It’s the only logical and fair outcome
  • GoldaGolda Posts: 12
    Add another alliance who was screwed here. Enlisted then not able to join.
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    Multiple threads popping up about this issue. I sent a tweet to @Kabam Miike who acknowledged on Twitter that they are looking into this issue. Not sure what specific action will be taken yet
  • KiwimaleKiwimale Posts: 40
    Add another ally that was registered for AW, only to find out after the outage and fix that we have also got no AW tomorrow due to this error
  • GoldaGolda Posts: 12
    Just found out many alliances got a War Bye notification for the war that ended during shut down granting them full points as if they won and were also allowed to join war. While others had to take there loss on top of being taken off enroll emend. This is a bigger deal than people realize.
    The only thing that makes sense is for kabam to cancel the current war and restart or make it a 0 point war. This is crazy at this point if they screw so many people’s war
    Seasons with this screw up.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★

Thecurler said:

Thecurler said:

Crumb3307 said:

jilanibux said:

So this happened still.

Maybe we had registered already. I assumed we hadn’t because we got the same message about not being enlisted.
    Most of the time we register early but someone always checks after war has ended... at that point there is approx 4 hours before matchmaking starts so we’re hardly cutting it fine.
    I find it astonishing people genuinely view alliances being at fault in these instances.
    Using your logic we shouldn’t expect the game to function as it should. If the game breaks then it’s our fault and we should expect to lose out. I couldn’t disagree more.
    I don't blame anyone if they were proactive and got screwed by the glitch. However, I find it rather ridiculous if someone were to blame Kabam for them missing Enlistment because they waited too long. The mishaps that prevented us from being in game are on them. For sure. Just the same, people need to own their side of things if they waited is all I'm saying. If you have well over 24 hours to do something, anywhere in life, wait til the last minute to do it believing that you'll be all good and something comes up preventing you from doing such... that's kind of on you for procrastinating is my point. If you did this action and got burned by a glitch in the system, that's definitely not on you.
    I must be missing something here because I thought if an alliance waits “too long” to enlist for matchmaking, It has waited beyond the point that matchmaking was due to begin.
    But perhaps there is another point within the enlistment phase where alliances have waited “too long” despite there still being plenty of time left to enlist. Please tell me what the “too long” point is so I know for future reference?

In fact I might start using your logic in all walks of life. For example next time I book a flight, I’ll turn up at the airport 36 hours before my flight is due to depart just to be safe.
    I’d hate to turn up just 4 hours early and there be a technical issue at the airport, because obviously the flight would still depart and it would be my fault of course.
This discussion has been closed.