**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Fix the Season before it’s too late. Cancel this war.

We are heading towards making this season even more messed up than it already is. Numerous teams weren’t able to get matchmaking in due to the lengthy emergency maintenance. There is no fair way to have this war count. And we can’t fight this war without knowing if it will count.

Cancel this war before it starts in a few hours. Run a 0 pt war for the final one this week and resume the season at the restart. Extend the season a week.

Plenty of teams got burned by the timing of the servers messing up and being unable to finish the prior war. There is obviously no way to tell who would have won without it and plenty of teams spent items to win. That can’t be undone. But don’t double down and make this season any more unfair.

Cancel this war.

Comments

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

I don't think cancel would be a good idea
    many people join alliances at the time when war season is just 12 days to finish
    if a war is cancelled they might not get to participate in 5wars to get the season rewards

Who's fault is that though? I guess a sensible option would be to cancel this war and extend the season by a week
  • MoshneMoshne Posts: 16
    That’s why you extend the season. Those people would not be hurt by my suggestion.

The season was supposed to rewards lock this war anyhow. Cancel this war, 0 pt the next so we can run a test war that everything is fixed. Add a week to the season. That’ll give six in season wars. Anyone in their current alliance would get rewards.

If anything your point is the reason we should cancel. Anyone who just joined an ally that didn’t get matchmaking in would not be able to complete five wars now.
  • KofiKofi Posts: 11
    0 pt this war but don't cancel it, let people get their rewards if they managed to enlist. Extend the season by 1 war
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Belfigor2 said:

so attack everyone that got in because the few did not?
    why punish the innocent?

Your post is the exact opposite of reality.

It's also not a punishment for there to be a makeup war in its place. No need to be needlessly melodramatic
  • sberg23sberg23 Posts: 5
    Belfigor2 said:

why punish the innocent?

A few? I believe your calculations of those impacted are way off. The OP is absolutely right. This particular War should be voided and no points or rewards should be allocated.
    Belfigor2 said:

why punish the innocent?

There is no punishment? Allowing this war to go forward will wreck the competitive balance of the season. Everyone is treated equally by cancelling it and extending the season.

Your ally isn’t more skilled or clever just because they got matched. Not everyone plays on the same time zone. Lots of teams matchmaked during the instability and got delisted. They were punished by a bug. If you fight this war, win or lose, you’ll advance beyond those players.

Kofi said:

0 pt this war but don't cancel it, let people get their rewards if they managed to enlist. Extend the season by 1 war

That’s fine with me. But it needs to be clearly communicated and my understanding is Kabam can’t zero pt a war after it starts. We had this issue with an off season war where they just let it count despite it being an error.

Cancelling it ensures no one spends items on a useless or ambiguous war. If they can make it actually not count and communicate it clearly, by all means.
  • elTavo14elTavo14 Posts: 23
    edited November 2019
    Totally agree, our alliance lost the war because every time we take down to the last boss the fight was reset.
    So many points lost because that bug, it’s not fair!

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra
    To be clear my ally benefitted from this. We won our prior war and our opponent failed to clear a boss leaving us extra points. (We’d have won anyhow, but it’s still points we wouldn’t have gotten)

We also have been able to match and are sitting on a tier threshold. This bug probably guarantees us a higher tier at the end of the season.

It’s still bad for the game and it needs to be fixed.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    Agreed. I am in one of the unlucky alliances. I see this as a major disadvantage in the season outcome. Missing a war is far worse than losing one, and and we had put a lot of diversity effort into winning the next few.
    mbrace said:

Agreed. I am in one of the unlucky alliances. I see this as a major disadvantage in the season outcome. Missing a war is far worse than losing one, and and we had put a lot of diversity effort into winning the next few.

Missing a war is roughly the same as having a bit more than four of your wins converted into losses. Closer to five wars if you’re a team that tends to win messy with low diversity. It’s a substantial penalty for something completely at Kabam’s feet.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    We might not get anything good for this 5HIT show that kabam let slide through , But you bet your ass their big wigs will still get bonuses . To bad that $ Don’t go towards improving the game. BS!!!!
    This is why I made this suggestion previously. We knew you'd need to test your fix or it would repeat the problem or make it worse. Now it's happened.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Yeah give rewards for this season and start next season after all fixes are in place.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    This is dumb. Cancel this season, give everyone season rewards from 1 tier above where they are now, call it a wash. There's really no other way to make this even somewhat fair unless they take away points from other allys
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    I am curious will bounce back from this and not force too many people away from the game. ESP in their most profitable month of the year. Pass week down time alliances could not finish war. Then some alliances could not get into next war. Now unenlisting alliances. If you were super unlucky and worked you butt off for 2 weeks you could have actually not finished and then not able to compete in next 2 wars