**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dr.Doom’s Special Attacks

First off I’m not sure if this is considered a bug so I’m putting it in general discussion.

Alright so when I fight Doctor Doom in UC EQ, whenever he activates his Special 1, it’s unblockable regardless if his aura is activated or not. I’ve read his description and the nodes he’s given, nothing says that his special attacks are unblockable without his aura. Therefore I’m losing my fights and wasting units over that. Did I miss something or is it just a bug that’s ruining gameplay and progression?

Comments

• Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★

Just evade his specials they’re easy there is no reason for you to use units

Damn, this is definitely a troll response.

What the OP is asking is if Dooms specials are coming as unblockable all the time for everyone else. And whether this is a bug or working as intended.

@Kabam Miike if you dont mind shedding some light on this that would be awesome. Please note the troll reply as well.

In my own case, yes they are all unblockable regardless. My only problem is when I cant bait a sp1 and then the sp2 ruins me.
  • In_Depth98In_Depth98 Posts: 14
    zeezee57 said:

Not everyone can evade every special even if others consider it easy and that's not really the point of what he's asking so not really sure what the point of the first couples responses is. I haven't looked at his info to confirm myself but if it doesn't say anything about them being unblockable without his aura active I'd say you have a valid gripe here.

Trust me I’ve looked at his descriptions about 6 times just to make sure. Says nothing about unblockable specials without his aura.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★

Says it right there dude
    I was just looking for some insight on whether or not it’s a bug. Yes evading is possible but that should be a necessity for something that shouldn’t be happening. Also my roster isn’t that great unlike probably all of you commenting on my post, so it’s either I play smart or lose. In that case, if I lose to a UC EQ boss I'd expect myself to either use units or just restart quest.
    IOSJasoN said:

Says it right there dude

That’s in his spotlight, not his in game description. But thanks for the confirmation. Cheers

No worries mate.. It’s always best to read the spotlight can’t always go on what’s in the description I’ve been burnt before myself lol
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited November 2019

zeezee57 said:

Not everyone can evade every special even if others consider it easy and that's not really the point of what he's asking so not really sure what the point of the first couples responses is. I haven't looked at his info to confirm myself but if it doesn't say anything about them being unblockable without his aura active I'd say you have a valid gripe here.

Trust me I’ve looked at his descriptions about 6 times just to make sure. Says nothing about unblockable specials without his aura.
    Its not that difficult if you think about it, his special 1 activates aura and while he has aura sp1 and sp2 are unblockable. Combine these 2 effects, sp1 is automatically unblockable.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

zeezee57 said:

Its not that difficult if you think about it, his special 1 activates aura and while he has aura sp1 and sp2 are unblockable. Combine these 2 effects, sp1 is automatically unblockable.
    This is one of those cases where you have to put two descriptions together to infer that sp1 is unblockable.
  • ADMKADMK Posts: 19

First off I’m not sure if this is considered a bug so I’m putting it in general discussion.

Alright so when I fight Doctor Doom in UC EQ, whenever he activates his Special 1, it’s unblockable regardless if his aura is activated or not. I’ve read his description and the nodes he’s given, nothing says that his special attacks are unblockable without his aura. Therefore I’m losing my fights and wasting units over that. Did I miss something or is it just a bug that’s ruining gameplay and progression?

if you are not able to evade the sp1 &sp2 then use ghulk(if you have) he activates "face me" passive and he will regen 70% damage taken...watch "how to defeat" videos in yourube before you fight with new champ...by the way doom Sps are easy to evade all you need practice

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Just for the OP: Mr Fantastic's Special Attacks are all both always Unblockable; although significantly easier to dodge than Dr Doom's.

Welcome to the new normal.

Now where did I put that Mr Sinister I grinded for...?
    ADMK said:

if you are not able to evade the sp1 &sp2 then use ghulk(if you have) he activates "face me" passive and he will regen 70% damage taken...watch "how to defeat" videos in yourube before you fight with new champ...by the way doom Sps are easy to evade all you need practice

Thank you.

Just for the OP: Mr Fantastic's Special Attacks are all both always Unblockable; although significantly easier to dodge than Dr Doom's.

Welcome to the new normal.

Now where did I put that Mr Sinister I grinded for...?

Lol I forgot I have a 4* Mr.Sinister. Just need to get him to max
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The unblockable s1 isn’t a big, he activated his aura with the s1 and whenever it’s up specials are unblockable, if evading then is an issue I’d suggest seatin’s video on how to fight doom, he goes through all the timing