**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5*/6* Scarlet Witch/Wolverine

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

As for Wolverine his regen is crazy however it can be changed to based on power meter like his daughter x23's and give him an offensive boost only thing i see a good thing about Wolverine is his regen

Wolverine's regen is already based on the power meter.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    There is no possible way at this point the game team doesn’t have a counter to her. Yeah she is op but let be honest we all like playing op champs because they are more fun to play with than champs with pillow hands
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    5* SW should be compensation for last 2 days of bugs and maintenance. I think community would accept that.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I would Highly suggest most people in here would listen to the UMCOC podcast the Miike was on recently. A lot of interesting info in there, and the 5* SW and Wolverine thing did come up in there.
    Like Miike said, its just way too powerful to be in players hands. As for way "why" have to fight against them in maps. The simple answer is the Computer AI is not as smart as an actual player, and can't really make good use of them like a actual player good.

I would check out the podcast when you get a chance. A lot of cool behind the scenes stuff revealed.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 124

In my opinion Scarlet Witch will never be a 5* champ in this game, way too over powering....she will destroy everything

That's just silly considering we have champs like ghost, aegon and domino as 5&6*s
    It’s not silly, she has power drain,power steal, nullify, fury, crit, regen, inflicts poison on defense.....I’ve had her special 2 up to 40K damage without any special nodes and that’s a 4* rank 5 champ

Imagine what a 5/65 Sig 200 scarlet witch could do
    Lol a max sig 5/65 sw would be great but not as strong as ghost, aegon, domino and various other beyond god tier champs
    Having tried out a 5-Star Scarlet Witch at Sig 200, she is more powerful than any of those Champions, and no Content stands in her way. There may be a day where we see her 5-Star version in game, but she's not coming any time soon.
    Yeah I'd believe this 100%, the thought of her at 5/65 sig 200 and the nodes you psychos(not insulting please dont delete) would come up with to counter her would be insane.
  • AmytGAmytG Posts: 36
    I suspect some of this has to do with Mystic Dispersion. Her utility as it is combined with the most powerful class-specific mastery in the game might create a bit of a headache for someone trying to create a challenge for players. Besides, they're probably also not going to be a fan of the RNG that goes with SW.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I think the simple fact is they won't release her just yet.
    They'll release a new version to coincide with the new SW/Vision TV show coming out and they'll sell a huge amount of crystals.
    Then they'll release og SW in a special crystal to sell even more
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

Scarlet witch is OP? Out of all the Act 6 bosses how many can she take down? She isnt even the best 4 star and when you have champs like quake and ghost SW wont even come close. Then ofc theres wolverine who wont be top tier but a nice to play champ

SW at max sig would destroy the champion boss in 6.2 he wouldn't get a single fury so 0 unstoppable, her heals would mean chip damage can basically be laughed at. I'm pretty sure if a sig 200 would easily stack up 3 or 4 furies and cruelties so I'd imagine her potentially hitting as strong as ghost with a sp2. Mixed with stun, power control and regen

Also everyone is forgetting how much challenger rating hurt the 4* as a r5/65 she would be criting way more thus her buffs would activate more. And I'd assume her sig would be closer to 100% then her current 85% at 4* sig 99
  • I don’t think any of the she isn’t that powerful as a 4* maxed commenters actually play her much. I use her all the time and she totally destroys any beyond god tier during normal game play and doesn’t break a sweat. Now you sig 200 as a 5* and she’s back the way she was when she had 100% chance to generate 0-8 buffs on crits. A 2* back then could do ROL
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Never thought I'd see the day where Kabam addresses this topic.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

Scarlet witch is OP? Out of all the Act 6 bosses how many can she take down? She isnt even the best 4 star and when you have champs like quake and ghost SW wont even come close. Then ofc theres wolverine who wont be top tier but a nice to play champ

SW at max sig would destroy the champion boss in 6.2 he wouldn't get a single fury so 0 unstoppable, her heals would mean chip damage can basically be laughed at. I'm pretty sure if a sig 200 would easily stack up 3 or 4 furies and cruelties so I'd imagine her potentially hitting as strong as ghost with a sp2. Mixed with stun, power control and regen

Also everyone is forgetting how much challenger rating hurt the 4* as a r5/65 she would be criting way more thus her buffs would activate more. And I'd assume her sig would be closer to 100% then her current 85% at 4* sig 99
    So 1 boss that quite a few mystics can handle decently? I seem to forgot that there are 11 other but nice on you taking a niche fight which other 2 have reliably done and havent been regarded as too OP and are currently 6 stars.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    Theres a few boss in 6.2 I'd say she could do the kingpin omega supreme thr champion 6.1 she could do sabre Ultron classic ghost sentinel loki with all ease if she was sig 200 due to the regen with power lock and power drain it's way too much for end game content especially as she gains fury and cruelty not a lot will survive her
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Drake2078 said:

Her 5* signature at level 200 is exactly the same as her 4* signature at level 99. Don't understand how her signature ability would factor into a 5* version of her overpowered?

Challenger rating comes into play with it as 4 star u wont see much but if u played a sig 200 5 star u see a huge difference in comparison
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

Her 5* signature at level 200 is exactly the same as her 4* signature at level 99. Don't understand how her signature ability would factor into a 5* version of her overpowered?

5* have a little better sig, just spread out over more levels. On top of that, two more ranks. I don't think she would get 100% chance maxed out, but 90% is reasonable. They could skew the distribution so you need to pump a lot of sig stones to make it function.

I think SW is probably underrated because she is so old, if anything this should make us revisit her. What is considered (beyond) god tier is more about perception than actual performance. Doc Ock was pretty underrated, until a Kabam employee told Seatin how to use him. Maybe same thing applies to SW.

On top of my head: SW generates buffs on her and the opponent which she can nullify. That she can gain power from MD is common knowledge. But did you know CAIW has a synergy with her that deals 30% of her attack rating as direct damage? The damage potential can be insane.
  • Drake2078 said:

5's can have better sig abilities.

Ie. Hype

Max sig 4* - 50% increased buff duration

Max sig 5* - 75% increased buff duration
  • Black Widow:

4* - 70%
    5* - 80%

Aegon:

4* - 65%
    5* - 75%

Archangel:

4* - 35%
    5* - 40%
  • Canrdboy36Canrdboy36 Posts: 74

In my opinion Scarlet Witch will never be a 5* champ in this game, way too over powering....she will destroy everything

That's just silly considering we have champs like ghost, aegon and domino as 5&6*s
    It’s not silly, she has power drain,power steal, nullify, fury, crit, regen, inflicts poison on defense.....I’ve had her special 2 up to 40K damage without any special nodes and that’s a 4* rank 5 champ

Lol a max sig 5/65 sw would be great but not as strong as ghost, aegon, domino and various other beyond god tier champs
    Having tried out a 5-Star Scarlet Witch at Sig 200, she is more powerful than any of those Champions, and no Content stands in her way. There may be a day where we see her 5-Star version in game, but she's not coming any time soon.
    If she's too overpowering then why are you using her as a defender in certain content not only as a 5 but as a 6 star?
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

No immunities, some good but unreliable regen, solid nullify, places a fair number of debuffs, OK but unreliable power control ... I mean, she's awesome, but how the heck is a 5/65 more power than freaking GHOST? Ramped up Aegon? Maybe she'd be better than Domino, but ... seriously? What the heck was she doing, 200K SP2s and stun lock? I'd like to see some of this 5/65 SW stuff, because the 4* doesn't compare to 4* Ghost. Why would the 5/65 be different? Just mess with the way her sig scales if you have to.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Was that with a full (mutant) crit team?

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

If that's the case Miike, has the team considered changing or re-balancing her?

Given that's she's not available as a 5*/6*, there's wouldn't be much outcry from those using her as a 4* that she was being 'nerfed'.

What is it that makes her OP? If it's multi-stacking buffs/debuffs, couldn't you just put some limits on them, such as maximum of three/four buffs/debuffs? Or reduced the potency of her effects? Or if her abilities like Fury/Cruelty/Regeneration are overpowered, make them happen less frequently by 'diluting' them with Fatigue, Exhaustion, Concussion, etc.

There's a redesign in the Champion Improvement Thread, if anyone at Kabam is interested in taking a look: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/928613/#Comment_928613