**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is “The Thing” still a good option for defence?

PickleRickPickleRick Posts: 15
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Just wondering if it’s still worth taking Thing to r4, I feel people are a lot better at taking him down now, don’t want to waste t2 alphas! Opinions?

Comments

• AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★
    People get better at fighting every champ.. my r4 still gets a kill now and then. He is overused a bit on defense I think but that's cause hes terribly annoying at best, but all depends on the nodes. I would focus on champs for your attack/questing instead of aw defense
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    He’s shining at All or nothing node
  • AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★

He’s shining at All or nothing node

I’m only in Bronze for AW though 😭
    Ya definitely focus on your attack/questing team bro! Build up to run through content then focus on defense. Yes he does hit like a truck lol starky will be great too
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I use Thing quite a bit on attack in quests even when I'm not running his full Cosmic synergies. And he is still a beast on AW Defense. My maxed 5* is one of our bosses (Silver 2 AW) and has rarely been taken out lately (to be fair, that is partly because we have some killer other options on the linked nodes to him, so they are rarely getting to him without least some linked nodes helping boost him). But he is still very viable on the right nodes for defense.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s still a top tier defender
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I do think he's just slightly overrated as a defender, only because people hype him up so much. Most of fighting him's all about timing. But he's still a top tier defender. As was mentioned though, Sparky is an amazing attacker and takes priority.
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    He is good for both. I have him and stark r5. I use him for defense boss in war. But also he has very good uses for attack being shock immune. Act 6.1 ultron he can destroy and also very useful for variant one chapter 3 as well.
    And for war he usually gets minimum 3 kills so still useful for defense and I’m in tier4 gold 2/3 for war
  • What u mean still?like when did he stop?he still is the boss in tier 1-3 aw
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I’ve gotten real good at beating him with blade. I’m not the best player by far. If I can tear through him. It’s easy for better players.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Thing is a awesome attacker too
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    No he is very very bad.
    Pls dont put him down for def ever again :)
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I'd rather see a whole path of Things over 1 Korg.
    Only annoying thing about Thing is when he throws a heavy when he has 14 rock stacks but you can get round that most times

Pintzz said:

He is good for both. I have him and stark r5. I use him for defense boss in war. But also he has very good uses for attack being shock immune. Act 6.1 ultron he can destroy and also very useful for variant one chapter 3 as well.

I like the sounds of act 6.1! Was that with the champion synergy?
    Nope that was without it just because of his shock immunity can solo that ultron no problem
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

I do think he's just slightly overrated as a defender, only because people hype him up so much. Most of fighting him's all about timing. But he's still a top tier defender. As was mentioned though, Sparky is an amazing attacker and takes priority.

I have a 6* r1 void (UA) and 5* r4 massacre (UA) currently as my highest tier champions, I can either bring starky to R3 than R4, all I need is 1 more class cat, gold and a d1ck load of iso or I can bring thing to r4 now (when I have more gold) I’ve cleared 5.4 and variant chapter 1 so I want to bring up champs that will help me clear higher end content! I’m bringing as many 5*s as I can up before of the bs gate in 6.1 but I know for a fact I don’t have that firepower required for that yet
    Well they both have their pros and cons, but all-in-all, Sparky will come in handy for more content. Plus, he's a beast for V3. At Rank 4, you should be able to get completion easily, specially since you've already done V1.