**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hidden end game God tier champs .

Comments

• Texas_11 said:

I’m curious to see who is a hidden “god tier “ champ, that gets overlooked . This could be due to a very long list of abilities that’s not quite understood ; Or just a champ that really is an end game counter and we don’t think of.

I personally think Psylocke is way over looked , and her AAR is pretty nice , and can permalock the opponent.

If anyone out there has some non traditional counters let’s get the word started.

Texas_11 said:

I’m curious to see who is a hidden “god tier “ champ, that gets overlooked . This could be due to a very long list of abilities that’s not quite understood ; Or just a champ that really is an end game counter and we don’t think of.

I personally think Psylocke is way over looked , and her AAR is pretty nice , and can permalock the opponent.

If anyone out there has some non traditional counters let’s get the word started.

My duped 4/55 psylocke was my top champ for a longtime. I’ve always said everyone will have their own god tier list. It’s who you are good with. You clear content with kk and she might be your god tier. Before collecting 5* champs. My 5/50 ms marvel(black suit) was my go to champ. Doc ocl was too until I duped my 5* so I got pumped about that. Just keep grinding and you will find more. But hands down now. My 5/65 duped domino with rulk is my go to. 😁
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    It has to be Nebula for me. Such an underrated champion, Double immunities, can shrug off Shock debuffs, shuts down robots and her Shock damage is absolutely demolishing.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    What about Rogue with recent Captain marvel movie sinergie?
  • I think partially because I’ve had him for so long, but my duped 4* modok has consistently been on my team. His autoblock is useful and I love his incinerate.
  • Mordos soul barb, especially when you can't nullify buffs
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Aryl said:

Groot

How so ?
    Texas_11 said:

Aryl said:

Groot

How so ?
    He's Groot.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    I agree with pretty much everything mentioned so far, but one champ that I want to elaborate on is Crossbones. He gets a surprising amount of hate, but he can be insanely useful. Furies make for some really solid damage and not relying on any crits at all helps counter a lot of new champs such as Sinister, Havok and Doctor Doom. With all of the content coming out that champs like Ghost, Corvus and Sparky absolutely crush, I bet more of these crit-punishing champs will be coming out and the more worth Crossbones will be getting. Add the fact that I personally think he's the third best AAR champ in the game (behind Quake and AA), he can be a real beast. I'm actually pretty darn happy about getting him as 8th 5 Star on Friday.
  • ANGRYEAGLE88ANGRYEAGLE88 Posts: 53
    I like my 5* Thor Ragnorock. Together with his sister Hela ( she gives him health back at the end of a fight). He’s gotten me through a lot, when others couldn’t.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    No such thing as hidden god tier, some champ are just bad. Some are ok, but god tier champs are just better, that what brings them in god tier. Wich is why I have fun always when they something about balance like "100% chance in 1 of 3 mods to stagger will make symsup op" and then release dr.doom, who can stagger anytime. You can use those ok champs, but most likely will prefer god tier if given a choice.

Take psylocke. She can't stop power gain, wich is when you need power control champ. Her sp2 power lock same as magik's, but you get Lee's power when hit your opponent. Magik is simply better in any scenario except when your opponent is debuff immune maybe
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Loki
    Angela
    Nightcrawler
    Crossbones
    The Hood
    Ronin
    Morningstar
    Hela
    Bishop
    Dorm
    Doc Ock
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    some champs honestly just need a small push to b actually great for endgame content! like u mentioned
    - psylock needs just normal powergain or may b just bleeds on her basic attacks to boost some damage,she is using sword afterall
    - Redskull! that guy has 80%! block proficiency, great power control too ,all he needs is some passive fury or MAINLY faster and less laggy animations
    - doc oc ,he is great ,he doesnt need anything. good as is
    - xbones desperately needs higher or guranteed % on buff removal, better block prof or just ,a guranteed crit specials like g2099!!
    - Hawkye - great power control but very very simple, basic n no damage beside sp1 bleed so i guess he could benefit from some utility like PREfight ability where you can activate debuff effect on arrow - shock,incinerate,disorient,or just 3- 2k armour breaks
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

I will never understand ppls fascination with psylocke, awful dmg and her power gain is soo slow. Tried her out but I found it better to use other power control champs or just burst the opponent down.

I thought the same thing. But the trick is to cycle your SP1 and SP2 and you will always have a bar of power . Then once you do your heavy the psi charges do like 30k - 50k a pop .

I was just as surprised as you were
    Aleor said:

No such thing as hidden god tier, some champ are just bad. Some are ok, but god tier champs are just better, that what brings them in god tier. Wich is why I have fun always when they something about balance like "100% chance in 1 of 3 mods to stagger will make symsup op" and then release dr.doom, who can stagger anytime. You can use those ok champs, but most likely will prefer god tier if given a choice.

Take psylocke. She can't stop power gain, wich is when you need power control champ. Her sp2 power lock same as magik's, but you get Lee's power when hit your opponent. Magik is simply better in any scenario except when your opponent is debuff immune maybe

So, on this conversations proves my exact point. It seems you don’t understand Psylocke mechanics. Everytime Psylocke drains someone she actually gets a full bar of power . So why is magik better? Because that’s all you have seen? Or because you never played with Psylocke.

Point number one : Everyone prefers the better champ. This actually reinforces my thoughts that people think if you don’t have a certain champ you can’t complete content , which leads to frustration. There are over 150 something odd champs in the game, I’m certain there are options we don’t even look at and that’s why I created this post .

Point number two: I’m not actually talking about obvious trash champions like diablo or Luke Cage etc. I’m talking about real counters to some of these crazy nodes , and we think only one champ could take it out.

Curious on your take ! Thanks

Loki
    Angela
    Nightcrawler
    Crossbones
    The Hood
    Ronin
    Morningstar
    Hela
    Bishop
    Dorm
    Doc Ock

I really tried ronin and only thing I can really see myself using him for his , “do you bleed” “buffed up” and against void . And being able to parry IMIW.

I will never understand ppls fascination with psylocke, awful dmg and her power gain is soo slow. Tried her out but I found it better to use other power control champs or just burst the opponent down.

Again, her power gain is slow for the 1st 15 seconds of the fight after that, she gets a lot of power from using her specials. Not arguing , but just thinking that we haven’t really looked at the games mechanics .

Also she gets her power control on her SP1 right away. As opposed to magik getting to her SP2 .
    Etjama said:

I agree with pretty much everything mentioned so far, but one champ that I want to elaborate on is Crossbones. He gets a surprising amount of hate, but he can be insanely useful. Furies make for some really solid damage and not relying on any crits at all helps counter a lot of new champs such as Sinister, Havok and Doctor Doom. With all of the content coming out that champs like Ghost, Corvus and Sparky absolutely crush, I bet more of these crit-punishing champs will be coming out and the more worth Crossbones will be getting. Add the fact that I personally think he's the third best AAR champ in the game (behind Quake and AA), he can be a real beast. I'm actually pretty darn happy about getting him as 8th 5 Star on Friday.

Congrats !!! Crossbones has always been a great champ, I know people didn’t like him when MD was a huge thing. But for content he is definitely a beast, I think kabam is making sure we keep our roster diverse and taking on more of the RPG element of it versus “ LLLLM , SP2, bait special” rinse and repeat. The game has no longevity if we don’t learn the new mechanics etc.

I think partially because I’ve had him for so long, but my duped 4* modok has consistently been on my team. His autoblock is useful and I love his incinerate.

Neotwism said:

I feel a major reason so many champs get overlooked is because rank up resources are so hard to come by in this game. If I had unlimited resources there r a bunch of champs I would rank up. The problem is right now I can't afford to take someone up who can't handle the majority of fights on their own. I would love the ability to have niche champs, but unless u have been playing and active for many years it's just not possible.

I’m with you on that, but my point exactly for this post. They are only niche , because the community never brings them up.

I remember when proxima midnight came out and everyone was going crazy.

People have started valuing pure raw damage over anything else in the game: so when a champ comes out with okay damage , we flip out.

Man thing is great, but kinda “meh” too the community when he actually has a lot of utility .
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Texas_11 said:

Aleor said:

So, on this conversations proves my exact point. It seems you don’t understand Psylocke mechanics. Everytime Psylocke drains someone she actually gets a full bar of power . So why is magik better? Because that’s all you have seen? Or because you never played with Psylocke.

Point number one : Everyone prefers the better champ. This actually reinforces my thoughts that people think if you don’t have a certain champ you can’t complete content , which leads to frustration. There are over 150 something odd champs in the game, I’m certain there are options we don’t even look at and that’s why I created this post .

Point number two: I’m not actually talking about obvious trash champions like diablo or Luke Cage etc. I’m talking about real counters to some of these crazy nodes , and we think only one champ could take it out.

Psylocke was among my first decent 5* champs, so I know exactly how to use her. The thing is you need power control champ when there is some power gain you can't manage, like spite node for example. I wouldn't take her vs hype on spite, but would try it with magik.
    I'd wish she had something else going on, idk, increased attack per psy charge or crit damage.
    She was ok champ for the time when dexing sps was the most difficult part of the game, but atm she's a very niche champ imo.
    Also LC is actually a very good champ, especially with the champion synergy. I believe seatin has a whole video about him.
    Btw, if they had older synergies only like crit attack etc, and used all fancy unique synergies as constant small enhances for older champs, they would've be used a lot more. Plus community would be more open to champ twicks maybe. I actually keep thinking about taking 5* rogue to r5, but she's out of meta just like psylocke and would never get a rework, as there are so many champs who are worse, and if someday I get namor or some other crazy new champ, ranking her in past would feel bad. Plus I don't really need her for anything
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Since someone else already mentioned Psylocke, I'll go in a different direction: Kingpin.

He's a champ you can use for certain fights - not all by any means - but if you choose fights and opponents wisely, he can completely crush them.

It's all about debuffs; and Kabam is in a phase of producing new champions at the moment who inflict multiple debuffs at a distance; which is a problem for many opponents, but not KP: Aarkus, Annihilus, Captain Marvel Movie, Man-Thing, Clare Voyant, Stealth Spidey, Invisible Woman, Mr Fantastic...

Kingpin: secretly crushing the bosses of Uncollected monthly EQ, and Fantastic and Doom Invasions today!

Not without The Hood/Joe Fixit synergy. His rage mechanic is too unreliable. So yeah, Annihilus might not be the one who does the obliterating...
    Aleor said:

Texas_11 said:

Aleor said:

Psylocke was among my first decent 5* champs, so I know exactly how to use her. The thing is you need power control champ when there is some power gain you can't manage, like spite node for example. I wouldn't take her vs hype on spite, but would try it with magik.
    I'd wish she had something else going on, idk, increased attack per psy charge or crit damage.
    She was ok champ for the time when dexing sps was the most difficult part of the game, but atm she's a very niche champ imo.
    Also LC is actually a very good champ, especially with the champion synergy. I believe seatin has a whole video about him.
    Btw, if they had older synergies only like crit attack etc, and used all fancy unique synergies as constant small enhances for older champs, they would've be used a lot more. Plus community would be more open to champ twicks maybe. I actually keep thinking about taking 5* rogue to r5, but she's out of meta just like psylocke and would never get a rework, as there are so many champs who are worse, and if someday I get namor or some other crazy new champ, ranking her in past would feel bad. Plus I don't really need her for anything
    That’s good to know. Last post I was on . A guy was complaining about the old man Logan buff, and didn’t have any variation of him. She does have increased attack per psi on her heavy and increased critical rate the lower the opponent health is. If she did get a decent syenrgy should would be okay. But magik is not a damage dealer either.

Rouge has been a champ I wanted. Power steal and health steal. I think she would still put in work. But not a lot of people use her. Appreciate the feedback.

I’m going to test her with spite now and see what happens .
    Texas_11 said:

Loki with MD. He is a true god against The Champion.

Loki i think is viable end game champ. Doesn’t he actually stop champions unstoppable ?
    He needs his Fury to do that, which Loki can steal.

Talking about stealing buffs, a better one is Rogue. Her SP1 life steals and steals buffs, and as long you don't get hit, she keeps them and prevents the same buffs from triggering on the opponent. It doesn't work on all buffs (unstoppable being one of them), but enough to be great utility. Hyperion? Goodbye power gain! The Champion? Goodbye Fury! The list is endless. Her SP2 power steals to.

Texas_11 said:

Loki i think is viable end game champ. Doesn’t he actually stop champions unstoppable ?

Talking about stealing buffs, a better one is Rogue. Her SP1 life steals and steals buffs, and as long you don't get hit, she keeps them and prevents the same buffs from triggering on the opponent. It doesn't work on all buffs (unstoppable being one of them), but enough to be great utility. Hyperion? Goodbye power gain! The Champion? Goodbye Fury! The list is endless. Her SP2 power steals to.
    That’s acrually a hell of an idea. Wonder how she will do against the champion ?
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

That’s acrually a hell of an idea. Wonder how she will do against the champion ?
    Pretty good. I also forgot to mention: she shrugs off debuffs 70% faster, her SP3 can activate a buff she replicated that fight and keep it as long she touches the opponent and she has a synergy with Captain Sparkles that lets her deal 15% of her physical damage as energy damage.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Rogue and Angela carried me through so much endgame content sad they don't get the recognition they deserve
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★

Since someone else already mentioned Psylocke, I'll go in a different direction: Kingpin.

He's a champ you can use for certain fights - not all by any means - but if you choose fights and opponents wisely, he can completely crush them.

It's all about debuffs; and Kabam is in a phase of producing new champions at the moment who inflict multiple debuffs at a distance; which is a problem for many opponents, but not KP: Aarkus, Annihilus, Captain Marvel Movie, Man-Thing, Clare Voyant, Stealth Spidey, Invisible Woman, Mr Fantastic...

Kingpin: secretly crushing the bosses of Uncollected monthly EQ, and Fantastic and Doom Invasions today!

Kingpin is brutal in certain matchups. I remember the Invisible Woman Boss in the Monthly EQ a while back, he just ate her up, easy as pie.