**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Register for war

2»

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    People who blame the players for kabam shutting the game down for 4 hours prior to enlistment closing amaze me. Kabam could have left the game open and just told people not to play any formats and then everyone would have had the time to enlist. This is the dumbest thing I have read. And the fact that kabam refuses to give us direction makes it worse. I have played this game for 4 or 5 years now. This is the first time I have seriously been ready to just walk away.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    Our alliance enlisted for war. But the game pushed us out. Not our fault. Kabam fault. Now our season is hurt badly.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Run477 said:

People who blame the players for kabam shutting the game down for 4 hours prior to enlistment closing amaze me. Kabam could have left the game open and just told people not to play any formats and then everyone would have had the time to enlist. This is the dumbest thing I have read. And the fact that kabam refuses to give us direction makes it worse. I have played this game for 4 or 5 years now. This is the first time I have seriously been ready to just walk away.

It’s madness. Those saying “you should have registered earlier, it’s your fault” have no credibility to their argument.

The cutoff for enlistment is just before matchmaking begins. Those who typically enlist after war has finished are doing so with plenty of time to spare.
    And if they choose to enlist minutes before matchmaking begins they are quite within their rights to do so.
  • Labais55Labais55 Posts: 40
    Allys even what was enlisted got unlisted
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    We enlisted well in advance of the bug in our ally (I did the enlistment personally) and when the game came back up it showed unlisted and matchmaking had started. This happened to many other allys as well. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra will one of you please address this thread, even to say you are looking into the issue. We submitted a ticket for our ally, but it would be nice to address this publicly please - it’s totally unfair for those of us who enlisted prior to the bugs. I think as an option you should consider not having this round count towards season rewards.
    Thecurler said:

Run477 said:

It’s madness. Those saying “you should have registered earlier, it’s your fault” have no credibility to their argument.

The cutoff for enlistment is just before matchmaking begins. Those who typically enlist after war has finished are doing so with plenty of time to spare.
    And if they choose to enlist minutes before matchmaking begins they are quite within their rights to do so.
    Agree, and it goes well beyond this. There are those of us that were registered well in advance only to have it unenlisted due to the bugs. In this case it didn’t seem to matter and seems quite random who was unenlisted and who was able to continue. An acknowledgment from Kabam would be nice.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    It would seem that whatever they did to fix the massive game outage also affected matchmaking/enlistment as well. The fact is that due to the extended emergency maintenance going on no officers in our alliance could even login to check the status of our enlistment for war as a safeguard. The first time I was able to login as leader was about 8 hours after AQ had started by which time matchmaking had already commenced. Lousy timing heading into last 5 wars of season and cutoff for rewards

The seemingly automatic undoing of enlistment comes fresh off the heels of the silly automatic promotion/demotion of leaders and officers only days ago. If this continues chaos is a sign of things to come I have serious concerns about the viability of this game going forward. Hope I’m wrong though
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    Just FYI everyone, although Kabam hasn't yet responded to one of these forum threads on AW enlistment issues to my knowledge they have publicly acknowledged the issue in a different forum thread on overall issues from this outage. I also got a reply on Twitter from @Kabam Miike acknowledging that they are aware of the issue and working to resolve it. Not sure what their fix will be our when it will come, but they are aware and working on it. MANY MANY alliances affected from what I can see on forums and other social media platforms
  • CarwishCarwish Posts: 47
    We were able to start war, during one of the brief uptimes, but we have a few members where they are still not able to join in on war, as recently as 1 hour ago... I was under the impression that all the problems other than rewards had been fixed. Here a screen shot of what one of our Romanian members is getting:
  • CarwishCarwish Posts: 47
    Message to member unable to join AW
  • NachtarNachtar Posts: 17
    My alliance [BBNU] was also preregistered for war prior to the emergency maintenance, yet when the game came back up it showed us as not registered and matching was going on. This is fairly unacceptable. We still have not heard any news from kabam that those of us effected will get bye points? This just cost my alliance points if others got matched and able to have a war.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    I guess since this page hasn't blown up like the other discussions we will be ignored or forgotten. This messes up our war season period. Alliances were enlisted before the game broke and when it comes back online some are obviously still enlisted but an unlucky portion of us were un enlisted with not even a response from a moderator acknowledging this issue makes it that much worse. We are gonna loose hard earned standings in war rating which really sucks. Some acknowledgment on the issue would be an awesome start. Things happen I get it but own it dont ignore it.
    Cendar333 said:

Just FYI everyone, although Kabam hasn't yet responded to one of these forum threads on AW enlistment issues to my knowledge they have publicly acknowledged the issue in a different forum thread on overall issues from this outage. I also got a reply on Twitter from @Kabam Miike acknowledging that they are aware of the issue and working to resolve it. Not sure what their fix will be our when it will come, but they are aware and working on it. MANY MANY alliances affected from what I can see on forums and other social media platforms

Thanks for posting this. This is the first “official” reply I’ve seen acknowledging the issue. Tons of allys were impacted. In fact, I didn’t realize anyone actually was able to do matchmaking. Thanks for the insight, it’s appreciated!
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos hey guys, I know you guys must be insanely busy right now but I think it might quell some of the large amount of anxiety that I and others share if someone could take a moment to combine the threads on this enlistment bug and give a quick response. Just a quick aknowledgement response and thread merge would be much appreciated!
  • Gr8CornholioGr8Cornholio Posts: 87
    They had replied that they were aware but have said nothing about what they would be doing to rectify it. Now with the complete 100% lack of acknowledgement in any of the numerous threads I think it is appropriate the paying customers (we the summoners) are concerned. My alliance was enlisted, only to not be enlisted when the game was back, so were re-enlisted during the brief Android only access, then were not enlisted when the game was back again. What more could WE have done??!! To the people telling us not to cry about this, pound sand, we have legit reason to.
  • We have enlist in AW but when it's time for match we didn't get any match up for AW now what about our points and brackets how we can maintain it..???
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    A mod replied on this thread guys and I think they’ve been merged

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1038479#Comment_1038479
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Really interested to know the plan about his enlistment issue. We went from 27th in plat 1 to 43rd in plat 2 with that missed war...

This is like a professor giving you a take home final exam and telling you it has to be turned in at 3 pm the next day. You show up at 1 pm to turn it in and the door is locked. You sit by the door waiting and waiting. The time gets closer to 3 and you are emailing and calling your professor, but the professor doesn’t respond to the emails and phone calls. Meanwhile other studenrs are also showing up to turn in their exams also panicking.

Then 5 hours after the exam was due the professor emails everyone to let them know he had an emergency and had to close the doors at noon, but if you would have shown up 4 hours before the deadline you could have handed in the exam.

If kabam doesn’t fix this issue, it would then be the professor telling everyone that didn’t get the exam turned in that they are out of luck and get a 0 bc they shouldn’t have relied upon the professor’s set deadline.
    What on earth is going on? War is still bugged! We were enlisted for this war after being kicked out of the last war. It started matchmaking then just kicked it out in the middle of looking for a match! Now it says not enlisted again @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra - I would like an explanation please. This is the 2nd war we’ve been kicked out of since the bug (and this one is after the bug fix). Please comment.... this is getting ridiculous. The game is still heavily bugged.

I have issue with the last line. Patience is wearing thin and I don’t think “understanding” is even possible.
    Just noticed we were screwed out two wars now. Bloody mockery. What is the point?
    @Kabam Miike - Kabam really need to consider shutting down alliance wars until you get the bugs figured out. Our alliance was also kicked out of matchmaking twice now when we were enlisted both times. Why are you still allowing wars?
    edited November 2019
    Some alliances have apparently got “Bye’s” or other compensatory items and others have not. Is this something that will be addressed?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Apologies for the mod tags but the communication has been vary sparse and this has been having a absolutely huge effect on the season. We were fighting for placement in P3 and are now in G1. I can only speak for my alliance and not the presumable hundreds of others that may have been affected
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69

Some alliances have apparently got “Bye’s” or other compensatory items and others have not. Is this something that will be addressed?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Apologies for the mod tags but the communication has been vary sparse and this has been having a absolutely huge effect on the season. We were fighting for placement in P3 and are now in G1. I can only speak for my alliance and not the presumable hundreds of others that may have been affected

Same thing going on for me. Two wars now somehow kicked out of matchups only to find no compensation while others have received a bye + rewards similar to winning a war. I'm not sure what's going on with Alliance Wars but if the solution is to give everyone rewards that hasn't happened because my alliance hasn't received anything.
  • Let's keep everything in on location for discussion on this, gang. We're working on figuring out solutions to all of this on top of compensation. You can join the discussion HERE.
This discussion has been closed.