**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

CV vs Aarkus

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
On the resistor path in EQ, I noticed that CV could not nullify any of Aarkus' buffs. His power gain, his resistor buffs, none of them. I scanned his abilities to try to find something, but couldn't. Anyone got any insight on this?

Comments

• awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Pretty sure they're passive. And I think anytime you powerlock or power drain he shrugs those off faster. Also when duped shrugs off debuffs, not sure if that includes nullify though.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for the response. Though the buffs from the resistor node are active buffs. And when reading Aarkus' description it does say "power gain buff".
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    The buffs are active, like any buff is.
    The buffs from resistor, and Aarkus power gain buffs are the same. None of them are passive.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

On the resistor path in EQ, I noticed that CV could not nullify any of Aarkus' buffs. His power gain, his resistor buffs, none of them. I scanned his abilities to try to find something, but couldn't. Anyone got any insight on this?

Is there mystic ward or something in the node as well? Did you have charges?

Nope. Here are the nodes. Charges?

Nope. Here are the nodes. Charges?
    Claire needs charges to be able to nullify
    She uses clairvoyance charges when she nullifies buffs
    Oh, CV charges.. I honestly couldn't say for certain. Except I should have started with 3 I believe.
    Does he have a way to remove them?
    I think she starts with 3 so you might have just not noticed burning through those at the beginning on the resistor buffs. Since aarkus doesnt have immunities you wouldn't be getting more charges from attacks
    Good point, I just noticed a huge difference as she was keeping all the other oppenents at zero buffs throughout the fight. Lemme check the path to see who the other oppenents were.
    Hmm, no immunity champs there either. I'm gonna run the path again to see what's happening.

Good point, I just noticed a huge difference as she was keeping all the other oppenents at zero buffs throughout the fight. Lemme check the path to see who the other oppenents were.

She cant nullify anything once she's put of charges
    edited November 2019
    Yes, the resistor is eating them up. I just didn't notice because I was launching sp2 very quickly in the fight. Which triggers buff immunity and then gives her a charge for every resistor buff that attempts to proc during and after the sp2. Quickly bringing her to 20 charges. Where she can then stay ahead of the resistor node. I think I just thought it was weird that his power gain buff survived the beginning of the fight, but it is because of the resistor node. Interesting interaction with resistor though. How once buff immunity is on them it gives you charges insanely fast.
    Thanks for the input. I just needed to pay close attention at the beginning before I launched sp2.
    3 charges would go quickly one a resistor fight
    Yeah, I think she gains one from double edge, then another from removing liquid courage. After that the sp2 gave me 20 charges and she then can stay ahead of the node.