**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How to deal with mighty charge node?

Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 4,180 ★★★★★
edited November 2019 in Strategy and Tips
That node in high level competition is a massive pain to deal with. Most of my champs are high damage and debuff dependent types and all debuffs I put gets shrugged off. How to correctly deal with champs having mighty charge nodes?

Comments

• Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    Omega Red with 10 spores does the trick
  • GlorethGloreth Posts: 3
    Fight super aggressively. Hit into block repeatedly and push your opponent into the corner. Push them to SP1 then bait until they throw the special, and punish them. Use your specials to push them back to SP1 faster. Keep hitting into block and keep them in the corner. Don't give them space.

Here's a quick video to demonstrate:

https://youtu.be/xkCRRnBhTuI
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    As far as the game play aspect of it, it's very similar to fighting Rhino. Stay close and keep them in the corner. If you give them space, you will see the AI back up so it can use a dash attack. Just as Rhino tries to do this.
  • Granted not everyone may have her, but ghost works great for this too
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Ghost is my go to counter for mighty charge. Makes it super easy.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Another tactic that can be used against mighty charge, especially against AI’s that are more on the aggressive side and don’t dash back after one hit, is to dex their medium dash then parry the next attack
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★
    Mighty Charge is a little tricky by itself.

I'm guessing that you're asking because it's much harder in the current Epic side quests, because it's partnered with Bubble Shield and Aggression: Fury. The Aggression:Fury node punishes you for not fighting aggressively. The Bubble Shield punishes you for blocking. The Mighty Charge punishes you for any intercepts apart from Heavy intercepts; and prevents debuffs like Slow from helping.

Ghost sounds like a good counter, as does Omega Red.

I've used all the strategies above; and for me @Gloreth's strategy of being aggressive has worked best, using She-Hulk, because the Taunt mechanism is passive and helps you draw out the SP1s; but I've definitely needed a few attempts, and taken some hits.

Other champs I've found helpful have been Vision (good for fighting super-aggressively, but you end up taking the occasional Unblockable hit) and Nightcrawler (amazing at dodging/evading, so fewer blocked hits; and inflicts bleed damage without debuffs).

All things considered, it's quite a clever design of node combinations, really. I think it's pretty appropriate for Epic difficulty, as this level of play really ought to make us think and strategize. Best of luck!
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Or you know she hulk....use the heavy and they won't get the unstoppable no more🤷‍♂️
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Just stay near.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,125 ★★★★★

Or you know she hulk....use the heavy and they won't get the unstoppable no more🤷‍♂️

Just a tiny mistake the debuff wil get removed when ther dash at you so. Ther wil