**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cancelled war enlistment [Merged Threads]

Comments

• PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    edited November 2019

You guys/gals do realize tagging the admins is against forum rules right? It’s like pointing fingers... it’s rude
    I understand y’all are frustrated, but chill, I’m sure kabam will sort something out
    It may not be a solution everybody likes, but you know what, at least it’s something

I don’t understand why it is though? It’s similar to tagging someone to know they are good to go in AQ. Nothing harmful in that, just a “hey quick question for you” situation (just done more often than it should...on the weekend...after they said an update on the matter would be made later this week)

And don’t minimize how screwed we may be compensation wise...aw is a fairly active part of the game, and this being in season and harming people’ reward chances, they better get close to perfect on a “please forgive us for the oversight” correction
  • grolsch420grolsch420 Posts: 30
    There is only 1 solution and that is cancel the current matchmaking and reverse the previous matchmaking result. Compensate players by giving them back all items+boosts used in these last wars + 100-200 units for those who pay units to switch masteries before placing defenders. Then add two more matches at the end of this season to catch up the total of war matches.
  • Sparta1893Sparta1893 Posts: 14
    Kabam has long been unable to solve problems.
    As soon as there was a problem with AW, it should be stopped immediately. Now it's up to the end of the season and the rewards in the pre-error state. Furthermore, compensation for disabled Alliance. RDT for every hour of downtime. At a time when a person pays for services in the game, such outages are inadmissible and only excuse is spitting in the face of all active players.
    hail hydra
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    jdyke23 said:

It hasn’t been two wars though it’s been 1 and the second has only just started placement so stop blowing it out of proportion

You don’t know what you’re. Taking about. As @Lormif said for some it has been two wars. Some one war and some no wars.
  • TYRANNOUS74TYRANNOUS74 Posts: 8
    Our alliance COV 2 was enlisted for AW, to begin Sunday night (CST) 11-10-19. When I logged into MCOC noticed we where un-enlisted.? Assime this is a bug that un-enlists you even though you where enlisted.?
  • OneEyedLauOneEyedLau Posts: 28
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

As soon as these problems hit on Friday they should’ve shut down all alliance mode gameplay imo.
    Aq they could’ve just dished out ranked rewards that alliances got the previous week and give each alliance the win rewards for the missing wars.
    Instead they let this **** show go too far now they have a massively pissed of community which they’re not communicating with.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious kabam releases a statement recently about transparency and communication, where is that now?
    It’s 3 days since this started and the community is still completely in the dark.

They have been very transparent and communicative about the issues, if you are still in the dark you need to read the threads. The only issue we dont know as of this moment is how they will handle the compensation and war situation which they are still working on. they cannot give us what they do not currently have.

Also AQ is fine atm.
    They haven’t really been transparent at all. Do you know what caused the outage or issues on Friday? Also, considering compensation is the only thing people care about, we are all in the dark. Do you know what compensation we’re all getting?
    My point is they should’ve stopped alliance game modes until everything is fixed. That would cut down on these complaints and frustrations massively.
    Being transparent does not mean you will know every single detail, it means they are telling you what is going on when they have it and the information you need. also you are not in the dark with compensation, they have told you the process they are doing, it is the weekend and they said they will get together this week to determine it.

if that is your point you should have made and supported that point instead of using the hyperbole of transparency.
    They claim to have fixed certain issues on Friday without providing any details of said issues.
    I don’t need to know all of the ins and outs but them acknowledging that there is an issue isn’t transparency, it’s the bare minimum.
    Maybe you’re ok with that, others aren’t.
    I’m not here to have an argument, I’m sure we’re all frustrated by this.
  • Pelo visto o problema em Guerras foi geral com muitas alianças no mundo todo. A minha aliança [GFê] Guardiões da Fênix também foi afetada por esse problema. Estávamos perto de subir pra Ouro 1 e agora com esse problema Provavelmente não vamos recuperar, e ainda tem a questão de um jogador que entrou pra jogar as 5 Guerras, e com isso ele vai perder os prêmios por não conseguir jogar as 5. Como dizemos por aqui no Brasil, Kabam sendo Kabam.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

As soon as these problems hit on Friday they should’ve shut down all alliance mode gameplay imo.
    Aq they could’ve just dished out ranked rewards that alliances got the previous week and give each alliance the win rewards for the missing wars.
    Instead they let this **** show go too far now they have a massively pissed of community which they’re not communicating with.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious kabam releases a statement recently about transparency and communication, where is that now?
    It’s 3 days since this started and the community is still completely in the dark.

They have been very transparent and communicative about the issues, if you are still in the dark you need to read the threads. The only issue we dont know as of this moment is how they will handle the compensation and war situation which they are still working on. they cannot give us what they do not currently have.

Also AQ is fine atm.
    They haven’t really been transparent at all. Do you know what caused the outage or issues on Friday? Also, considering compensation is the only thing people care about, we are all in the dark. Do you know what compensation we’re all getting?
    My point is they should’ve stopped alliance game modes until everything is fixed. That would cut down on these complaints and frustrations massively.
    Being transparent does not mean you will know every single detail, it means they are telling you what is going on when they have it and the information you need. also you are not in the dark with compensation, they have told you the process they are doing, it is the weekend and they said they will get together this week to determine it.

if that is your point you should have made and supported that point instead of using the hyperbole of transparency.
    They claim to have fixed certain issues on Friday without providing any details of said issues.
    I don’t need to know all of the ins and outs but them acknowledging that there is an issue isn’t transparency, it’s the bare minimum.
    Maybe you’re ok with that, others aren’t.
    I’m not here to have an argument, I’m sure we’re all frustrated by this.
    Your first 2 sentences contradict each other. you want the details and that is what you are are basing your anger on, then go on to say you dont need to know the details..

They have gone way past the bare minimum, most games just tell you there is an outage and you have to wait, that is the bare minimum.

Yes we are all frustrated, but you are being irrational.
    Jester123 said:

geoff78 said:

Happened to us too, but as long as they make it right, I'm okay with it. We got more points from the bye than we average.....

We also got victory rewards

So a quick calculation that 209,000 means
    Win bonus, 3 bosses cleared, 100% exploration, perfect attack bonus, perfect dd and 41.4 defenders remaining.
    Pmsl and that’s fair!!!
    Even the top alliances have never seen a score like that
    that is because it counted as scoring perfect attack bonus and the opponent getting no kills, as well as perfect diversity.
    Jester123 said:

Lormif said:

Jester123 said:

geoff78 said:

Happened to us too, but as long as they make it right, I'm okay with it. We got more points from the bye than we average.....

Win bonus, 3 bosses cleared, 100% exploration, perfect attack bonus, perfect dd and 41.4 defenders remaining.
    Pmsl and that’s fair!!!
    that is because it counted as scoring perfect attack bonus and the opponent getting no kills, as well as perfect diversity.
    It’s great for you guys but a total joke for other alliances
    who is "you guys". My alliance did not get a bye, never has. Even still how do they award a fair score for a bye short of this?
  • Same happen to us.. Ally [R_U_D]. We are out of this war when we are 100% sure that we were enlisted. Not cool Kabam.. :/

Please inform us what happen and what will happen next! We had more than 20 guys thinking that was a failure of the Alliance board.. Not cool Kabam..
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I believe the best way forward is to

1. Freeze all war ratings immediately.
    2. Pause all contributions to Season scoreboard.
    3. Work out the average points an alliance scores on a per war basis based on number of completed wars (excluding Byes), followed by
    4. Ranking the alliances and base the Season 13 ranked rewards based on this ranking.

It might not be fully 100% impartial and fair but I believe amongst all solutions, it is the one that makes most logical sense.

By further allowing points to the leaderboard and tier jumping, the hole gradually gets deeper.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
    All ratings should have been frozen on Friday. The fact some alliances have continued playing and others have got random rewards/byes while others (like ours) have been unenlisted twice and frozen out has rendered the entire season pointless and compromised since Friday. Multiple people keep pointing this out.
    I’m grateful for admins acknowledging the issues and indicating that there will be a resolution- we just want to know that the contest will remain fair.
    Jester123 said:

Lormif said:

Jester123 said:

Lormif said:

Jester123 said:

geoff78 said:

Pmsl and that’s fair!!!
    who is "you guys". My alliance did not get a bye, never has. Even still how do they award a fair score for a bye short of this?
    Sorry thought it was your alliance, the only fair way do do a score is by an individual alliances average winning score for this season, even then it’s still not fair as every team that didn’t get a match can’t all get a win as in a normal aw a minimum of 50% lose
    That is not how any bracket system works.
  • Happened to my alliance as well.

• great, i just realized i joined the alliance before cutoff, and only got 1 war in. Will i still be compensated or receive season rank rewards? Still no one has answered me why other alliances are getting BYE Rewards or POINTS still with no opponents; when we are booted out 2 wars now!
  • DangerPenguinDangerPenguin Posts: 7
    edited November 2019
    Maybe something like this:

- drop the results of the last two from season points
    - give some major compensation for both the lost season points and unplayability
    - waive the 5 war requirement or make it 3
    - finish the season with the last 3 wars or bolt on another week to make it a full season.

Except for the question of how much compensation, that’s seems to cover all the bases for fairness.
  • RayzeRayze Posts: 1
    Same here 2 wars without fight when does it ends? You really mess out this time we hope really soon this been fixed and all goes to relative tranqulility guys
    Make a good and honest rewards please
    Jester123 said:

Lormif said:

Jester123 said:

Lormif said:

Jester123 said:

Lormif said:

Jester123 said:

geoff78 said:

Pmsl and that’s fair!!!
    Sorry thought it was your alliance, the only fair way do do a score is by an individual alliances average winning score for this season, even then it’s still not fair as every team that didn’t get a match can’t all get a win as in a normal aw a minimum of 50% lose
    That is not how any bracket system works.
    There is no fair way to do it by giving a bye
    There is no fair way to do it without giving a bye.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    They should just cancel the war season and offer up a ton of stuff for compensation. It's too far gone at this point to fix it in a way that is fair for everyone.
  • felohcfelohc Posts: 3
    Sirs @Kabam Miike

I've been able to play a war for a few days and not counting the one that was given as compensation for maintenance, now I can't register my alliance to play war for game problems.
    and I risk running out of end of season prizes
  • Gr8CornholioGr8Cornholio Posts: 87
    There is the other problem. We have new players who just joined and with two wars missed even though we had enlisted, they risk missing even the lesser rewards we are set to obtain. Lesser rewards we don’t freaking deserve.

Other alliances getting byes when we (and others) get nothing.

Kabam keeps making comments about “balance” with the game and the champs. Where is the balance here?

This discussion has been closed.