**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fantastic Family Community Milestones Event - Final Fight Count: 1,162,760,840

Comments

• Now that the event is actually here, some of you guys might want to take a quick look at the Special milestones. They aren't too bad, you know:

In total, you can get:

Fights against heroes: 2x tier 2 earth elemental crystals, 1 tier 2 water, 1 tier 2 darkness, 1 tier 2 unified, 2.5 T4B

Fights against villains: 2 tier 2 fire elemental crystals, 1 tier 2 wind, 1 tier 2 light, 1 tier 2 unified, 2500 5* shards

Fights against mercenaries: 4x tier 2 unified, 1 tier 3 unified, 4 ultimate crystals, 1 legendary crystals

Total: 2x tier 2 earth, 2x tier 2 fire, 1 tier 2 water, 1 tier wind, 1 tier 2 dark, 1 tier 2 light, 6x tier 2 unified, 1 tier 3 unified, 4 ultimate crystals, 1 legendary crystal, 2500 5* shards, 2.5 T4B

Tier 2 Earth: chance for T4CC frag, T4B frag, T1A frag
    Tier 2 Water: chance for L2/L3 alliance team revive, L3/L4 alliance team health, L3/L4 alliance health
    Tier 2 Dark: chance for 4* awakening gem, 4* sig stone, 5* sig stone
    Tier 2 Fire: 4*/5* shards
    Tier 2 Wind: chance for L2 Revive, Energy Refill, Champion Boost, L4/L5 Health Potion
    Tier 2 Light: chance for Units, Gold
    Tier 2 Unified: chance for 4* shards, 5* shards, 4* awakening gem, T4B frag, T4CC frag
    Tier 3 Unified: chance for 5* shards, 6* shards, T2A frag, T5B frag
  • シャドウシャドウ Posts: 30
    Words from Seatin.

https://youtu.be/oH6mfSl7Nx8
  • Words from Seatin.

This was made before the rewards were buffed. Seatin revised his opinion after the rewards were updated in a later video he posted a few days later, and also I believe in a comment on the forums.
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    I believe Team can open a "only moderator post" and update how many fights won every 24 hours.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    A special global events tab would have been the best option. I wonder was this even discussed.

That being said, an in game mail every 24 hours is terrible, its way to long between updates. It should be at least every 6-8 hours and near end of event an update every hour. Most people I'd imagine have already forgot about this event.

Hopefully the in game mail gives some stats and averages so people know how its tracking and if milestones will be reached. A simple mail with 'summoners have completed x amount of fights' will be useless.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    These milestones are quite useless in my opinion and so seems the whole concept, it should just be in solo events so we can see what we've contributed. Yes yes, I know demand, servers etc but you just poll it less frequently, say every 30mins or hour. It's like on the gifting event alliance event where you can see your points vs the alliances.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    55 fights against a RTTL ultron after a run through of heroic and epic to make enough 5* shards to pull a 5* iceman and save 5 T1A from expiring is good news to me.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Should've said heroic/master and I refer to EQ
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Deacon03 said:

@Kabam Miike how are we suppose to know how “the community” is doing???

Hey there! As we mentioned in the original post "We’ll be sending in-game messages to inform you all on the running total, and upcoming content that you can unlock!"
    Curious when can we expect the first in-game message about this? Will it be when we reached it or will it be to show us how much we have earned for the first milestone thus far? Just curious. The event has been going for over 24 hours and I believe the community would like to see our progress to see if we need to adjust our playing to hit the milestones or not.
    If all 180 fights for the milestone for Heroes, Villains, and Mercs are completed by 1,388,888 people we will hit the first milestone. I just did the math. I know I still need to finish the 5th milestone for Villain and 3-5 milestone for merc.

If all 180 fights for the milestone for Heroes, Villains, and Mercs are completed by 1,388,888 people we will hit the first milestone. I just did the math. I know I still need to finish the 5th milestone for Villain and 3-5 milestone for merc.

I made an error it is 270 fights for all fights so it would actually 925,925 doing this to get it accomplished.
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 247
    How do we check the progress of this event. I never saw anything in game or in the forums
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

Does "if you're controlling a champion" mean that fights with auto-fight turned on will not count towards the goal?

I don't think i've seen any answer to this yet, the wording in the announcement sounds like fights using autofight won't count but can someone confirm whether they will or will not be counted?
    I know on my end I've nearly completed the 270 fights as I have finished all the Hero and Villain milestones and working on the last two for mere, plus the other fights I've done since clearing the hero and villain milestone. I'm hopefully we as a community will hit not just the first one, but all the milestones.
  • Redfloyd514Redfloyd514 Posts: 1
    So the fights we couldn’t fight the last day or so really help build that score up.
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★

I for one am pleased that they have done this but no matter what, they cant cater to everyone. Everyone is at different stages in the game, but progress on their own terms. Not when everyone tells them too. I think that's the whole point they are trying to convey.

But they can cater to everyone, they have many times in the past. They have progression based titles that they could have broken down real REWARDS(crystals, shards & rank up materials), instead of a (not great) resource mgmt tool, some boosts, gold and free AQ that "applies to all."

But is doesn't apply to all, maybe 5% of the playerbase will play more because of these rewards, maybe 10%. But most here aren't excited. Kabam could have easily gotten 90-95% of the active playerbase to be excited & play more to reach decent, non game breaking progression-based rewards.
    This is fact and not conjecture. The rewards for last years Nov 2018 event was better than now. There's no way to get hype for an event that is more than a year behind in rewards. My hope is the Var 4 and 6.3 are exceptional. It worries me a bit the way most a talking about it.

I don't even see the usual bunch aggressively defending Kabam which is more than odd.
    I think what you're referring to is the Champion's Clash, which was a special High Difficulty Challenge Quest, and not a Side Quest such as this. It was, at the time, one of the most difficult challenges that we had ever introduced.

It consisted of 2 Chapters: The first of which was accessible, but difficult for most Mid-High Tier Summoners.
    The second was a very difficult quest that was a challenge even for our top end players. You can take a look back at that Quest here, and the reaction that it garnered in the following pages: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/109351/announcing-the-champion-s-clash/

Challenge Quests are not the same as Side Quests. They are special occurrences that happen from time to time. In fact, we recently did a Content Creator Boss Rush in September that was significantly easier and contained a 5-Star Crystal as the reward. That would be a more apt comparison.
    I think you're missing the entire point. The perception of these events is that they are pretty disappointing. They are grindy with very little pay off. The free AQ week only matters if you're doing maps 5-7. The Invasions cost energy in an already bloated month for content(new EQ and 6.3) and don't offer that much in terms of rewards. You wouldn't even get a full 5* from doing the grind every day.

You have two events running and I get why you chose to do daily events. It'll help the total number of fights go up faster theoretically. The issue with that is the rewards have to be worth doing to grind them daily. I guarantee you that Halls of Healing and Halls of Fortune would be much more appreciated than this side quest which looks like an energy drain for "meh" rewards.

This is coupled with special event let down, 6.2 being not well received, the new calendars being minimally better. The perception from your players is that you are doing the minimum to make us happy. This is the culmination of a year long event and you received a very tepid response. That isn't good.
    I have not missed that point, and have made sure we've conveyed that to the entire team. I've had a lot of conversations with lots of different members of the Community about it, and I definitely get it. I'm not saying that you guys don't have a point, but I do want to differentiate Side Quest content from regular month to month side Quests.

I will argue that we never do the Minimum. Every month we do our best to bring you guys something new, or different, or exciting. Rewards are a big part of that, and I agree that not everybody is going to be excited about every reward, and that balancing rewards and difficulty for an entire community that has such varied levels of progression is always extremely difficult.

Very late game players are the one group that we don't lump in with everybody else, but have been tailoring content for throughout the year in the form of Back Issues Variant Difficulties, the addition of Alliance Quest modifiers (more information on those coming soon), Act 6, and other challenges.
    I like alot of the changes you guys have been making but the rewards are minimal when you think about it. We have dedicated alot of time and money to this game and I'm pretty sure marvel is still around because you have alot of dedicated paid players. If my wife knew how much I have spent on this game she would sure kill me. :)

You increased the monthly calendar for players but the added 6* only gives us 2400 extra shards a year. That would take 4 years and 2 months to get 1 full 6*. I think after this long we should be able to form 1 full 6* in a year(this would motivate people to become cavalier). The other thing is the cost of leveling a 6* with gold is so high compared to the amount of gold increase for the month.

I don't think I ever see revives in uncollected and very few in Act 6. I sometimes feel like Kabam does minimal because they know higher tiered people will spend the money no matter what. We should be seeing level 3 and higher in act 6 maps. If that can't happen than at least make health potions percentage based which I know you have heard alot.

I like the summoner sigil. The idea is great and I paid for it for 2 months but than realized the gold realm and the shorter timers after 4 years should be free. These 2 items should at least be free for cavalier. I understand charging for the other items.

However, Adding shorter timers but than making the event quests have a lot more paths and need more energy is still a benefit for Kabam. This is not a conspiracy it's the truth.

Don't get me wrong I love this game and it is the only game I want to play on my phone.
  • ODEKAODEKA Posts: 59
    Where can we see the fight count?
    They said they will be sending in-game messages, but that being delayed due to this recent incident. I remember seeing it in the post where they were interacting with our questions.
  • Sweetleaf88666Sweetleaf88666 Posts: 111
    Today's the day the item trade event starts, so I'm guessing the 250,000,000 target hasn't been reached yet as we've had no messages. Probably because the game was down for so long.
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    Can someone on the team PLEASE update us about where we at with this event ?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I have no clue what is going on with this event. It was terrible to begin with rewards wise and now we're just going to ignore it because of self inflicted bug issues? Not a good look at all.
  • SubExtaByteSubExtaByte Posts: 80

I believe that a community wide event should have these milestones.
    250mil 25 phc
    500mil 25 3* crystals
    750mil 5 4* crystals + 2 4* awakening gems
    1bil= 1 5* crystal + 1 t2alpha + 15k t5basic shards
    1.250 bil= 5* awakening gem + 5k 5* shards+15k t5basic shards.
    1.5 billion= 5k 6* shards+5k 5* shards+25 cavalier crystals
    1.750 billion= 5k 6* shards+1 5* feature champ+5 t2 alphas+1 fully formed t5basic
    2 billion = 6* featured champion

Just something to entice all players to work together. Plus kabam getting more players in game along with all the $$$ they'll get in the process.
    Kabam: if your great to the community
    The payout will be more beneficial and offer buys will increase.

This way players who have just started the game will get a lot of rewards
  • Vex1976Vex1976 Posts: 5
    This is what i get when i try to trade up potions. Even restarted the game
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Who has single alliance revives?
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Vex1976 said:

This is what i get when i try to trade up potions. Even restarted the game

The purchase limit says 3/2 for me but I got an error message when I tried to purchase 3. It works if you do 2.
  • Transmute Potions: Multiple Bugs

1. Store is reading 0 potions in my inventory when I have x18.
    2. Error pops up when trying to transmute on most of the ones it shows I have enough of in stock.
    3. When I transmuted Lvl 1 Healing potions into a Lvl 2 HP, the daily counter registered that I did it twice instead of once. This happened with the Lvl 1 Alliance HP as well.

I'm running Android and just installed the new update today.