**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 4 1,2,3*s ONLY

2»

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    No
    next variant should benefit mystics and female class gates. mystics r most under utilised as offensive champs and well we have some awesome Op female champs with cool nodes like increased power for females,attack n something like tht would b fun n interactive.
    opportunity to use
    electra
    widow, gamora, nebula, shehulk, new BW, invisible woman,spidah gwen,gwenpool
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    No
    I wouldn’t be able to do v4 if it’s only 1-3 star champs
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

The post got deleted due to being a rumor, since those aren't allowed here

Came from a kabam employee

"may be" is a rumor.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    No
    I'm kind of on the fence with this one, but I don't think Variant is the right game mode to try and implement this idea. Now it's hard to say before any sort of official announcement is made, but I assume they'd lower the rewards if they made it possible to do with 3* champs. Because it just doesn't make sense to keep the rewards the same, since players who just started a couple months ago would be able to do it, but are still months away from ever getting a 5* to r5. And lesser rewards are something no one really wants to see.

I do like the idea of bringing a game mode that makes it more fun to use lesser rarity champs, as it's a nice mix up to bringing your regular stacked team. But personally, I'd prefer it in the side event quests (not the monthly EQ's, but the ones like doom/fantastic invasions, labs, etc). There are still lots of 4* and even 3* champs that I don't have in a higher rarity so it's nice to get to use some of them again. They tried this awhile ago with the sentinel side quests, but they weren't very well designed. I would like to see them give it another try. I just don't think Variant is the place.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Yes
    I was thinking that Variant 4 would give a boost to #Mercenary champions, since it's about Moon Knight and Deadpool X-Force, but this is a cool concept too.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I do like the idea of being able too have an area where 1*s, 2*s, and 3*s are usable if it’s do able.
  • BogiaBogia Posts: 125
    Yes

Why is this even a conversation? If it's 3*s and the typical variant rewards, you just gave 5* 3-4 gems and a 4-5 gem to accounts that could be like a month old. It makes having good champs meaningless. If it's rewards appropriate for 3*s, then why even bother? Sorry, terrible idea.

They could do tiered rewards so Uncollected gets higher level rewards, and newer accounts get 3*'s.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    edited November 2019
    Yes
    I love this idea, but they’d have to make it for only Act 6 6.2 finishes or all variant exploration completions so early users couldn’t finish end game content with their rosters

OTHER THAN THAT, AWESOME IDEA

would allow me to make use of champions I’ve never used, make this old worthless **** useful..

Plus kabam said don’t sell champs numerous times in past , and made this clear when they once gave out compensation out by your hero rating score and even said it again.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Yes
    I'd like the idea but I think that's "not possible". A 3* Variant would show how the release of 6* was absolutely unnecessary for the longevity of the game. Well, we knew it anyway...
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Bogia said:

Why is this even a conversation? If it's 3*s and the typical variant rewards, you just gave 5* 3-4 gems and a 4-5 gem to accounts that could be like a month old. It makes having good champs meaningless. If it's rewards appropriate for 3*s, then why even bother? Sorry, terrible idea.

They could do tiered rewards so Uncollected gets higher level rewards, and newer accounts get 3*'s.
    No. It’s gonna be the same level for everyone. Just because someone is newer doesn’t mean they can’t earn good rewards early on.
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    No

As Kabam Mike started on a Podcast, Variant 4 COULD be a 1,2,3s only or perhaps they get a bonus. Maybe 4s and 5s get a deduction. Someone deleted my last poll which makes me think this is true. If it is true, do you think it’s a good idea? I do since I’m an endgame player and would love to use 3s I don’t have as 5s. Thoughts?

Probably deleted because it was “started”
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Yes
    I’m so down to rock the 3* roster