**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

how do you guys deal with Annihilus?

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
edited November 2019 in Strategy and Tips
i skipped out on mcoc the month of human torch and him so I have no idea how to deal with this guy
tried looking on youtube but they all are guide for the uncollected boss

can somebody offer best counters and tips to not let him be unstoppable every second on my dex and all can't really understand how he works he has a ton of abilities on his frikkin info page

Comments

• Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I use my 5/50 SW. Intercept and nullify the cosmic rod. Then I just fight normal untill it comes back. Rinse and repeat
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    @Amazing_Demon05, this is the best guidance I watched fyi
    https://youtu.be/Lx_wdpB2sRQ
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Except Venom, use all your top mystic champ, no parry, avoid dash back and keep intercept. That’s my approach.
    (Disclaimer: out of all fights, one fight I used 4* blade and one fight I used 5* hype)
  • TangywolfTangywolf Posts: 27
    Personally I like quake. Just quake and bake him. Works for me anyway.
  • FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    Blade with GR synergy works well against him
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    SS, meph, blade with trinity, sw
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    as per great okoye once said
    "you deal with it by not dealing with it"
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I quake them
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★

i skipped out on mcoc the month of human torch and him so I have no idea how to deal with this guy
    tried looking on youtube but they all are guide for the uncollected boss

can somebody offer best counters and tips to not let him be unstoppable every second on my dex and all can't really understand how he works he has a ton of abilities on his frikkin info page

Annihilus has the "control" as long as he has the Control Rod buff active. With that, he will get Unstoppable every time you dash back with a Stifle debuff on you (you get stifle debuffs if he hits your block, among other).
    Also, every time you nullify a buff, Control Rod will be the first to go. Without that, he's just a basic fight.
    So for counters, Magik and GR (with Blade) will do great.
    It's possible that Iron Fist works ok for him too (he can nullify buffs with the heavy attack) but I haven't tried him.
    I just play a bit more defensive against him, and smack his face with my Hyperion :smile:
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Either any nullify champ to remove the Cosmic rod, which is what keeps you from being able to consistently parry, or what I do, which is dodge his medium and immediately counter with a light. He lunges really far, so you can counter him consistently, provided that, of course, Epstein didn't kill himself.
  • HopeasilmuHopeasilmu Posts: 212

Tangywolf said:

haven't learned her at all since I only have a 4star anyway

anyway annihilus armor breaks so NO to ghost
    Having just a 4 star Quake is not an excuse for not to learn her.

https://youtu.be/CQ3rDguN7uY

Hope that video of my 4 star Quake vs Epic Human Torch motivates you to learn her buddy!
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Ghost Rider
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    He goes Unstoppable if you dash back with Stifles on you. If the Stifles don't stick, then he won't go Unstoppable. He inflicts Stifles and Armour Break on hits, even through a block.

Skill champs like Kingpin, Taskmaster and Agent Venom can therefore be very effective. Just hold block until Kingpin goes into Overpower; or Taskmaster becomes debuff immune; or rely on RNG with Agent Venom. Kingpin is my choice. He's enormously fun against Annihilus.

Alternately, Stifles won't last long enough for Rogue or Groot (or Blade, at high Power levels) to worry about much; so they'd work, too.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,452 ★★★★
    Dex his medium and punish
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Kinksutin said:

Tangywolf said:

haven't learned her at all since I only have a 4star anyway

anyway annihilus armor breaks so NO to ghost
    Having just a 4 star Quake is not an excuse for not to learn her.

Hope that video of my 4 star Quake vs Epic Human Torch motivates you to learn her buddy!
    Well no I didn't mean I was not learning her because she is a 4* just not motivation enough
    I have seen lots of videos quake doing a lot don't think I am not impressed by her
    I try her style everytime I play arena with her I am getting good not absolutely the best but I don't think I will be able to use her I just don't trust her enough
    From my experience she’s the hardest to play in arena, they delay their combos so you can’t evade at the right time easily
  • soumasouma Posts: 14
    You can use cap iw to parry him easily, even 4* duped max cap iw would do the job.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    I took off more than half the health of the UC Annihilus with a 4* R3 Antman by intercepting like a madman and hoping glancing took care of any decent hits I copped.

I'm not sure how I did it and I don't think I'd ever be able to do it again

• bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    One great thing about Annihilus is that his first medium dash attack can easily be intercepted by a light attack by almost any champions.

Just make sure you only start to dash back when he dashes in.
    Earlier than window would high likely cost your life.