**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* Havok Worthy of Rank 2?

This seems like a silly question at first because the answer should be "duh", but there's more to it and I'm a classic over-thinker (only in MCOC for some reason). There are 2 main reasons that I am hesitant to rank him up:

A. I already have 2 highly ranked mutants (R5 Namor and R2 Domino) in my top 5. Not a huge deal, but it leads to the more important, point
B. I don't absolutely need him. Hear me out. Havok's 2 most attractive qualities are his high damage, and not taking damage from physical contact damage champs/nodes (korg, electro, psychic thorns, etc). However, Domino and Namor together satisfy these 2 things - Domino with the high damage and Namor with the hydrokinetic armor that reflects back damage (and high damage).

Havok is definitely OP, but with my already OP champs, is he worth the t5b?

6* Havok Worthy of Rank 2? 50 votes

Yes, rank that bad boy up!
74%
Riise81belli300INTEGRALzuffyFlareDogePsychoakumaHSenpaiExHavokDOKTOROKTOPUSSavio444Har8G0311soumaEddinsPool5555FinyteAknylmzForumName123Grootman1294Aleor 37 votes
No, dump that piece of garbage!
26%
BigPoppaCBONENyaleSpity68nebSpicyslicerEhizojAanthoPedritkoWeeaeaLoctiteSuperGlueNimorChamp123ThaVillain 13 votes

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Rank up cap or aegon
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    I've got him 6* duped, I will rank him up as soon as I complete 6.3 initial run tomorrow.(need t5b)
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    I’d leave him. I have Namor and Domino both rank 5 and Havok gets the job done at rank 4 or 1 for the 6 star. No need for rank 2. That’s a waste IMO
  • ballpointkenballpointken Posts: 157
    Lvernon15 said:

Rank up cap or aegon

Cap would probably be my next R5 if I didn't rank Havok. Aegon is fine at R4. He has less health, but damage-wise I don't think it will make a big difference. R4 would actually help him ramp up relentless assault faster than if he was hitting harder. His biggest draw (to me) is the ability to do LOL which I already explored with him at R4.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    I'd say no. You have Void for incinerate immunity and you mentioned Namor and Domino covering his other utilities.

I would go with CapIW or Void depending on what their sig levels are. Can't go wrong with either.

Lvernon15 said:

Rank up cap or aegon

Cap would probably be my next R5 if I didn't rank Havok. Aegon is fine at R4. He has less health, but damage-wise I don't think it will make a big difference. R4 would actually help him ramp up relentless assault faster than if he was hitting harder. His biggest draw (to me) is the ability to do LOL which I already explored with him at R4.
    Ah, you already did lol, but I’d go caiw, he’s just better than havok imo, also I see namor as a kind of better havok, no need for both imo
  • Champ123Champ123 Posts: 24
    Work on your prestige with 5r5s
    Champ123 said:

Work on your prestige with 5r5s

I almost put that as reason number 3. Prestige isn't important to me personally, but I know it's important for alliance leaders and getting AQ rewards. Still, I don't want to R5 someone like Goldpool because he has better prestige lol. I think Namor is perfect because he has good prestige, good damage, and great utility.

I also have to factor in that 6*s are the future and 5*s will become the new 4*s. Obvioulsy it's a while away, but 5*s will slowly become obselete. For this reason I try to resist R5 champs unless they're crazy OP or need a dupe (won't dupe a 6* soon).
    Keep it coming! I appreciate the feedback (Havok pun intended) :D
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,252 ★★★★
    You have a pretty stack lineup from the small glimpse of your roster.. Havok hits really hard and only downside is he needs to get to 3 power for sp3, having 3 to 5 prowess and 10 plasma charges to bolster his overall damage.. weakness is against power control champions.. and time for him to reach sp3.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Your 6* luck looks great

Actually with 6* ghost you have 95% of the game covered, the only thing she probably doesn't counter are unstoppable and unavoidable passive damage. So you probably don't really need havok. Yet, he's a good defender and I enjoy him more than domino
  • This seems like a silly question at first because the answer should be "duh", but there's more to it and I'm a classic over-thinker (only in MCOC for some reason). There are 2 main reasons that I am hesitant to rank him up:

A. I already have 2 highly ranked mutants (R5 Namor and R2 Domino) in my top 5. Not a huge deal, but it leads to the more important, point
    B. I don't absolutely need him. Hear me out. Havok's 2 most attractive qualities are his high damage, and not taking damage from physical contact damage champs/nodes (korg, electro, psychic thorns, etc). However, Domino and Namor together satisfy these 2 things - Domino with the high damage and Namor with the hydrokinetic armor that reflects back damage (and high damage).

I don't think you're over thinking this, I think you're thinking correctly about this, then asking the wrong question.

The right thing to ask is: do I need to rank this guy up? Does he give me anything new that will benefit me directly in the here and now? And it seems the answer to that question for you is "no."

Then you ask "is he worth r2?" Of course he's worth rank 2. But what matters is not whether Havok is worth ranking up, but whether you need him. It sounds like you don't, so I would recommend holding on to the resources unless they are expiring and you need to pull the trigger on a rank up.

You can always rank him up if you change your mind tomorrow. But you can't get the rank up resources back once you rank him up, if circumstances change.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Aegon, Void and CapIW are all better options
    DNA3000 said:

This seems like a silly question at first because the answer should be "duh", but there's more to it and I'm a classic over-thinker (only in MCOC for some reason). There are 2 main reasons that I am hesitant to rank him up:

I don't think you're over thinking this, I think you're thinking correctly about this, then asking the wrong question.

The right thing to ask is: do I need to rank this guy up? Does he give me anything new that will benefit me directly in the here and now? And it seems the answer to that question for you is "no."

Then you ask "is he worth r2?" Of course he's worth rank 2. But what matters is not whether Havok is worth ranking up, but whether you need him. It sounds like you don't, so I would recommend holding on to the resources unless they are expiring and you need to pull the trigger on a rank up.

You can always rank him up if you change your mind tomorrow. But you can't get the rank up resources back once you rank him up, if circumstances change.
    I like the way you think. Very similar to how I think. You're right though, 2 separate questions. I know he's worthy, but is it worth it to me?

I think I'll get more use out of a R5 cap, but it's tough for me to pull the trigger on 5*s when I have god tier 6*s (I know, boo hoo, poor me lol).

DNA3000 said:

I like the way you think. Very similar to how I think. You're right though, 2 separate questions. I know he's worthy, but is it worth it to me?

I think I'll get more use out of a R5 cap, but it's tough for me to pull the trigger on 5*s when I have god tier 6*s (I know, boo hoo, poor me lol).
    It’ll be a while before you would ever r3 that havok, you’d have to wait for it to actually be a thing, then you’d take up domino over havok, by the time you get to that point taking one to r2 will be much easier, go with cap
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I think it comes down to how you feel about him. Do you enjoy playing him? Because he isn't gonna bring anything new to your roster otherwise.

Worst case scenario, if you do rank him up and are not having a good time, you can always chuck that guy in AW defense and ruin people's lives.
  • NimorNimor Posts: 110
    I completely get your overthinking over "endgame" rank ups. You yourself have already given the reasons why not to rank havok up. It's a 6 star that won't cover any holes in your roster and probably won't even be your first r3 6star mutant since you already have domino. Caiw is the obvious choice for me. Void is fine as r4 and so is aegon especially since you have lol covered.