**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Season ending early [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Lormif said:

B4nanaJo said:

How does this affect player who joined mid season? I personally joined a few days before the cutoff, participated in war 6 & 7.

ifyou participated in war 6 you should get whatever rewards you would have gotten if the war ended there, people who joined in 7-9 we are unsure, but should get what their ally had on day 6.
    Anybody that joined in 7-9 are also able to get Rewards. If you joined AFTER today, you will not.
    Does this apply to people that joined an alliance in 8 or 9 but that alliance got un-enlisted for both of those wars and they never actually got to participate in a war?
    I THINK that they mean if you participated in any war during the Season, you qualify. I think. Although the exact specifics could be different. They made it sound like as long you did 1 war during Season, you'd get them. Although it wasn't explicitly stated with your current Alliance. So would be nice if that detail was clarified. Hopefully it means any AW Season participation anywhere will do. Can we get this clarified?
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    Kabam, you did the right thing. Thank you.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    DukeZman said:

So if you were gold 2 last season, but were almost gold 1 and climbing there and almost sure to have made it before season end, you just get screwed and given gold 2 rewards because we didn’t have time to break into gold 1.
    That’s super lame
    Kabam needs to give rewards 1 tier higher to correct this possibility.

You basically got 100% rewards for half the effort. What’s the issue ?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    He will get all the rewards for almost half the price. It sucks , but there are bound to be some casualties , and TBH, no one wants to hear the rich complain. It was the best decision they could have made , and everyone came out ahead IMO.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    so the last two wars, where me and my alliance boosted and spent big potions in order to make a push to the next tier was all for nothing?

any plans to pay us back what we spent?
    if not, you should also increase the pool in each tier because you trying to compensated the alliances that missed matching is ok, but there is no reason to punish the ones that still fought, spent and push!

• jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    No matter what they did or do there’s always gunna be people who are annoyed and who are happy with the decision. No point whining the season was scuffed for MOST of the players not the FEW who either manages to play all wars. Either way it’s a hard decision. Just deal with it and move on
  • SchmelerFurySchmelerFury Posts: 40
    @Kabam Miike and the rest of the team. I can respect this decision. It's unfortunate that this incident happened our alliance was really hitting our stride this war and would have pushed into gold 2 for the first time if the rest of the season would have played out.

I'm glad a decision was made so that the stress of not knowing what was going on or being unenlisted would happen again. Hopefully you compensate accordingly for the down time and the missed wars.
  • TawliTawli Posts: 67
    A simple solution would be to give out rewards accordingly to the max rank u had between war 6 and 9. I guess that would make most people in game happy and you would also not have to give out a big compensation.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
    Guys at Kabam, thank you for listening to us (on the other mega thread about cancelled AW enlistment) and taking the most logical course of action.

Guys that have spent on the past two wars- they already stated that you’ll be compensated specifically for that. You can’t possibly think it’s fair to include those matches in the overall season when a large number of alliances like mine have been at a dead stop since last Friday due to the enlistment bug and had to watch our ranking plummet with nothing we could do. This is the only decision they could take that would be fair to all alliances.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

INTEGRAL said:

Problem started at 8th war. We were 2nd.

And you will give us 4th rank rewards?

I want the items, potions, revives, boosts, glory, loyalties I used in 7th 8th 9th wars back @Kabam Miike

I don't understand why people are disagreeing with this post? He's more than reasonable to ask back the items he used on wars that didn't count.
    Because the original loop problem started in 7, 8 was just the first issue with the listing
  • PaddiePaddie Posts: 28
    Those who didn’t get to play the last war(s) shouldn’t get the compensation, they didn’t spend the loyalty, glory, boosts, potions, units maybe.... if they get it too they’ll get all that stuff as an extra bonus, whereas those who did fight the wars will only be getting replacements of things they spent.
  • Tomr4586Tomr4586 Posts: 14
    This is ludicrous Ending the season like screw all the items and boost used to push my ally to the next teir what a joke
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Why not just give everyone either the rewards for their placement last season or their placement this season after 8 wars, which ever is higher. That way everyone will be satisfied and it won’t exactly be game breaking @Kabam Miike
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

DukeZman said:

So if you were gold 2 last season, but were almost gold 1 and climbing there and almost sure to have made it before season end, you just get screwed and given gold 2 rewards because we didn’t have time to break into gold 1.
    That’s super lame
    Kabam needs to give rewards 1 tier higher to correct this possibility.

You basically got 100% rewards for half the effort. What’s the issue ?
    But for the wrong Tier. a lot of alliance tank in the off season and then ramp up to a higher finish by season end. We had no idea the war season would get cut short and our ramp up wouldn’t have time to complete with a Gold 1 finish.
    Gold 2 rewards take zero effort as a 23mil ally. Like, we could use zero boosts and potions and get Gold2. We were aiming for Gold1 intentionally (boosting, healing to get there) and the only reason we’re not getting it is because we only had half a season of play. We won all 6 wars that they’re counting. And we would have kept on winning for a Gold1 finish.

And before you say “that’s what you get for tanking” just don’t, because tons of alliances do it, it’s a valid strategy, and it’s still not our fault Kabam broke the game.
  • Why not just give everyone either the rewards for their placement last season or their placement this season after 6 wars, which ever is higher. That way everyone will be satisfied and it won’t exactly be game breaking @Kabam Miike

Clearly, everyone won't be satisfied. There are people on the forums complaining that they would have been in a higher bracket if only the season continued, and want some form of compensation for that possibility.

Short of just handing out nose-bleed rewards to everyone, there will be people who won't be happy: it isn't as simple as people think it is to make everyone happy. In fact, even handing out super high rewards won't make everyone happy. Some people will be unhappy with the fact that rewards that were very expensive for them to earn are being given out to others for free.

You can't make everyone happy. You have to decide which people you're willing to make unhappy. And however you decide, a lot of people will be absolutely certain you chose wrong.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

The best solution is to give everyone a tier up on their rewards. Give out some items. Etc.

This is exactly what I was saying when you dogged on my earlier post lol. Give us one tier higher reward for the season plus other compensation and I’m good.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Paddie said:

Those who didn’t get to play the last war(s) shouldn’t get the compensation, they didn’t spend the loyalty, glory, boosts, potions, units maybe.... if they get it too they’ll get all that stuff as an extra bonus, whereas those who did fight the wars will only be getting replacements of things they spent.

Are you talking about people that joined other ally’s or those that got unenlisted because of whatever was happening on kabam’ side? Because if it’s the latter, kindly shoo away...?
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I never participated in war this season, but I did get "Bye" rewards once. Yall think I'm lucky enough to be counted as someone that participated in a war :lol::lol::lol:

• Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Why not just give everyone either the rewards for their placement last season or their placement this season after 6 wars, which ever is higher. That way everyone will be satisfied and it won’t exactly be game breaking @Kabam Miike

Clearly, everyone won't be satisfied. There are people on the forums complaining that they would have been in a higher bracket if only the season continued, and want some form of compensation for that possibility.

Short of just handing out nose-bleed rewards to everyone, there will be people who won't be happy: it isn't as simple as people think it is to make everyone happy. In fact, even handing out super high rewards won't make everyone happy. Some people will be unhappy with the fact that rewards that were very expensive for them to earn are being given out to others for free.

You can't make everyone happy. You have to decide which people you're willing to make unhappy. And however you decide, a lot of people will be absolutely certain you chose wrong.
    True, however it would probably make more people happy than just placement after half a season. Yes some people would have ended up in a higher tier after the second half of the season, however some would end up lower.

At least this way people would be guaranteed a level of rewards for a full season or improved half season
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Let's face it, the bugs / maintenance that happened this past week ruined the AW Season (and the AQ week) and it's really tough to address to make everyone happy. Not sure if you guys considered this but a fair solution could be giving out the highest Tiered Season Reward that an alliance qualified for as of end of War 4, 5 6, 7, 8, or 9. Yes, this might cause more alliances to fill certain brackets but so what... Kabam has given out extra Master rewards in the past for the match making snafu that caused a certain top alliance to not match at all. So with this solution, we might have several Master Rank 1s, 2s, 3s; maybe have 40-50 in Masters instead of 20; maybe 60 or so in P1 instead of 30, etc but so what? I think this benefits everyone without putting to much on shafting an alliance due to the innumerable situations that were caused by the bugs / maintenance **** that happened over the past week.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Paddie said:

And what about the shards you got to earn for 2 wars that others didn’t get? Should Kabam take that away from you since others didn’t get the same opportunity? Honestly you’re coming off as very petty and spiteful.
  • RonD9RonD9 Posts: 232
    RoninMan said:

Paddie said:

And what about the shards you got to earn for 2 wars that others didn’t get? Should Kabam take that away from you since others didn’t get the same opportunity? Honestly you’re coming off as very petty and spiteful.
    I agree with Paddie here. Too many don’t even do war in this game. Hope there a line drawn between AQ only alliances and ones that do both.
  • TawliTawli Posts: 67

Let's face it, the bugs / maintenance that happened this past week ruined the AW Season (and the AQ week) and it's really tough to address to make everyone happy. Not sure if you guys considered this but a fair solution could be giving out the highest Tiered Season Reward that an alliance qualified for as of end of War 4, 5 6, 7, 8, or 9. Yes, this might cause more alliances to fill certain brackets but so what... Kabam has given out extra Master rewards in the past for the match making snafu that caused a certain top alliance to not match at all. So with this solution, we might have several Master Rank 1s, 2s, 3s; maybe have 40-50 in Masters instead of 20; maybe 60 or so in P1 instead of 30, etc but so what? I think this benefits everyone without putting to much on shafting an alliance due to the innumerable situations that were caused by the bugs / maintenance **** that happened over the past week.

This would be the best solution for the community.