**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

compensation should be a choice

spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
kabam should make a “choose your own compensation” package. they can have multiple different categories, and players can choose what they want based on what they lost for progress

arena: battlechips, gold, units, and champion cooldown refreshers.

questing: energy refills, heals, revives, and boosts

general (for those who didn’t have anything in specific in mind, just wanted to do what they could in game): a few of the things in the other packages but in lower quantities, and maybe some ultimate crystals, 4 star crystal(s), and 5 star shards.

any suggestions would be cool and fun, and could help kabam come up with some compensation if it hasn’t already been decided.

Comments

• No, the downtime was around 7 hours, and in around an hour or so most people can do some questin, some arena grind, some AQ, and some war, ect. For some people, that may have been the time they are most active. They would have a HUGE choices for people to be satisfied choosing one thing.
  • LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    That’s dumb, compensation should be the same across the board and not turned into a flashy interactive thing. For Aq some greater glory crystals and extra glory, for alliance wars one tier up from where you placed, and for the rest of the bugs and the game being down some energy refills, alliance potions, fragments and shards, that’s not too much and not little if you ask me.
  • Well, it isn't the craziest idea I've ever heard. I'm not 100% sure it would necessarily be a good idea, but it wouldn't be the first time Kabam did something like this. Last year they did that "choose your own gift" thing during summoner appreciation week:

But I think there were some issues with that. In particular, it was very difficult to make every option equally valuable and interesting. And I think the downtime issues were widespread enough that it is more likely Kabam would offer a range of compensation items applicable across every segment of the game rather than force people to choose which area of the game they were most interested in.
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★

kabam should make a “choose your own compensation” package. they can have multiple different categories, and players can choose what they want based on what they lost for progress

arena: battlechips, gold, units, and champion cooldown refreshers.

questing: energy refills, heals, revives, and boosts

general (for those who didn’t have anything in specific in mind, just wanted to do what they could in game): a few of the things in the other packages but in lower quantities, and maybe some ultimate crystals, 4 star crystal(s), and 5 star shards.

any suggestions would be cool and fun, and could help kabam come up with some compensation if it hasn’t already been decided.

Actually not a bad idea, as players were all affected in all different ways. An arena grinder that isn’t in an alliance was not affected the same as somebody doing aq/aw and that isn’t the same as somebody working thru story/eq/legends runs... etc.

There’s not gonna be a magic pill that everyone is happy about. Some will feel like they got hooked up, some will feel like they got shafted, and some will be in between. All we can do is discuss our own ideas and let Kabam do with them what they will.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    They already said that they will give compensation fairly to all player so.. yeah.

But thats not bad idea though
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Lol, from the title of the thread I thought the topic was going to be saying that people should be able to choose if they want compensation or not.. And I was like who would say no to it? Now I understand what you mean.

To be honest, I don't think a choice spread is the way to do it. It would feel like a way of them trying to get out of giving players the full compensation they deserve, by spreading out various items through different choices. Personally I'd rather everyone just get the same thing
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    thanks for feedback guys, thought it would be a fun idea. now i realize no one wants this lol.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    I don’t think that my alliance was effected all that much with the exception of Aq map wasn’t able to be finished one time.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    I'm definitely pro-choice ... I wonder if kabam is? :smile:
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    TKS87 said:

Lol, from the title of the thread I thought the topic was going to be saying that people should be able to choose if they want compensation or not.. And I was like who would say no to it? Now I understand what you mean.

To be honest, I don't think a choice spread is the way to do it. It would feel like a way of them trying to get out of giving players the full compensation they deserve, by spreading out various items through different choices. Personally I'd rather everyone just get the same thing

Lol bruh
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    That would be broken and unfair
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    TBH I m kinda fed up of all compensation talks and thn philosphers jumping betwn saying , impractical blah blah greedy blah blah