**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Season ending early [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    edited November 2019

I can see how some people are going to be upset, this war season is a mess. I'm usually one of the first to criticize Kabam but think they did the right thing this time. Waiting would just have compounded the problem. Good job.

They did a good thing really. Unprecedented but logical.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Perfect ending to season 13
  • LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    I feel like the best and most simple solution is to give one tier up from where your alliance placed based on those 6. One person suggested giving out the rewards for whichever tier is higher, your last season result or result after the first 6 and i feel like this also could be a fair solution. It is a big disappointment for those that were making pushes into higher brackets and should have been able to had the season gone on (like us) but it does seem like the way to be the most fair and satisfy the highest number of people. In addition to this boosts and potions should be given to account for those who wasted there’s during the confusion. This wasn’t a war season, it was a an emergency ending of what would have been a war season and so the reward results of the first 6 wars still don’t truly reflect an alliances capability in a given season, and given everyone a tier up sort of makes sure anyone who would have done better had the war went on aren’t just receiving a slap in the face because of the games mistake. This accounts for the missed opportunity to get better rewards that would have otherwise been there.

Imagine a relay race, and halfway through the race they say there’s a problem with the rest of the track and so there ending there and awards would be based off of where everyone stands at that moment. Someone who got off to a slow start but picked their pace up enough to win hasn’t gotten a fair chance because their opportunity to do that has been taken. An opportunity they otherwise would have had.

So wherever an alliance lands at the end of the first 6 isn’t reflective of where they could’ve landed had been able to play the wars that were supposed to have been able to. Giving one tier higher would make it feel more fair and reflective of the fact that alliance could have gotten better rewards had no problems happened and the season played as normal.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Season 13 : Machinations... the title of this season was a visionary one :D

• Hey, what about players like me who joined alliance just before aw enlistment breakdown and could not participate in any war and who didn't participate in any war prior in the current season? When i joined alliance, I thought I'll be able to play minimum 5 wars to get season rewards. So, how am i a less eligible than anyone who played just one war this season to get the season rewards? What's my fault in that?

Rewards should be given to everyone regardless they played one war or no war because when your platinum tier alliance enlists in war with 3 battle groups, it means you are participating that war.

And as per your definition, war begins when war enlistment starts.
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/new-opt-matchmaking-alliance-wars/

So, when one was enlisted before de-enlisted that player did participate in war and hence eligible for season rewards.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★

Hey, what about players like me who joined alliance just before aw enlistment breakdown and could not participate in any war and who didn't participate in any war prior in the current season? When i joined alliance, I thought I'll be able to play minimum 5 wars to get season rewards. So, how am i a less eligible than anyone who played just one war this season to get the season rewards? What's my fault in that?

Rewards should be given to everyone regardless they played one war or no war because when your platinum tier alliance enlists in war with 3 battle groups, it means you are participating that war.

So, when one was enlisted before de-enlisted that player did participate in war and hence eligible for season rewards.

You got bad luck. I feel for you but you will get your rewards next season anyway.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Hey, what about players like me who joined alliance just before aw enlistment breakdown and could not participate in any war and who didn't participate in any war prior in the current season? When i joined alliance, I thought I'll be able to play minimum 5 wars to get season rewards. So, how am i a less eligible than anyone who played just one war this season to get the season rewards? What's my fault in that?

Would love to get a comment or even a simple acknowledgement from the Kabam team regarding these cases.
  • Scoobers40Scoobers40 Posts: 100
    edited November 2019
    Why not take current standings from previous AW? So alliances that did well and moved up a tier get punished for starting the season at a lower rank and alliances that did poorly and dropped a tier get rewarded because they started the season at a higher rank? How many players have moved in and out of alliances during season that have affected the outcome of the rankings as of now? You've cat to be kitten me right meow
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    There’s no guarantee you’ll move up and settle in the expected rank.

It’s a shorter season, which means overall fewer items spent, for the full rewards.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Lazuli said:

I feel like the best and most simple solution is to give one tier up from where your alliance placed based on those 6. One person suggested giving out the rewards for whichever tier is higher, your last season result or result after the first 6 and i feel like this also could be a fair solution. It is a big disappointment for those that were making pushes into higher brackets and should have been able to had the season gone on (like us) but it does seem like the way to be the most fair and satisfy the highest number of people. In addition to this boosts and potions should be given to account for those who wasted there’s during the confusion. This wasn’t a war season, it was a an emergency ending of what would have been a war season and so the reward results of the first 6 wars still don’t truly reflect an alliances capability in a given season, and given everyone a tier up sort of makes sure anyone who would have done better had the war went on aren’t just receiving a slap in the face because of the games mistake. This accounts for the missed opportunity to get better rewards that would have otherwise been there.

Imagine a relay race, and halfway through the race they say there’s a problem with the rest of the track and so there ending there and awards would be based off of where everyone stands at that moment. Someone who got off to a slow start but picked their pace up enough to win hasn’t gotten a fair chance because their opportunity to do that has been taken. An opportunity they otherwise would have had.

So wherever an alliance lands at the end of the first 6 isn’t reflective of where they could’ve landed had been able to play the wars that were supposed to have been able to. Giving one tier higher would make it feel more fair and reflective of the fact that alliance could have gotten better rewards had no problems happened and the season played as normal.

100% correct. Any other decision by Kabam is them being stingy. So naturally I expect Kabam not to take your (and my) suggestion 🤪
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★

We climbed from Gold to P4 in last two wars and that doesn't count?

Sucks to be us...

Unfortunately as Miike just stated, that climb wasn't accurate because a chunk of Alliances didn't get matched due to getting un-enlisted. As it was discussed in the un-enlistment thread (at length) every decision was going to have some type of fallout. Prior to war 7, everything was on the up and up. Starting with the end of war 7, the loop bug occurred. So anything done after 6 was technically compromised. While this blows for those that thought they'd moved, chances are, those moves for many wouldn't have occurred had things not gone sideways. I do empathize with those in that situation. For my crew, we stayed in the same tier all Season. So it is what it is for us.
    We've been in P2 rewards a few seasons ago, then P3 last couple of seasons. A few members retired/left so we started quite low (unable to clear bosses) and then got the full team together so could start doing 100% clearance rather than boss express.

All that said, I agree its the right decision to stop at War 6 anyway to make it the most fair to the biggest group of people, i.e. the most equitable position for all.
  • Scoobers40Scoobers40 Posts: 100
    xNig said:

There’s no guarantee you’ll move up and settle in the expected rank.

It’s a shorter season, which means overall fewer items spent, for the full rewards.

True. But there are alliances that have done progressively well because of adding and losing players over the past couple wars. Moving from plat 4 to 3 or gold 1 to plat 4. The rewards from moving up a tier aren't a lot, but are significant so why not just give those alliances the rewards for moving up. That would be fair.
  • DNA3000 said:

Why not just give everyone either the rewards for their placement last season or their placement this season after 6 wars, which ever is higher. That way everyone will be satisfied and it won’t exactly be game breaking @Kabam Miike

Clearly, everyone won't be satisfied. There are people on the forums complaining that they would have been in a higher bracket if only the season continued, and want some form of compensation for that possibility.

Short of just handing out nose-bleed rewards to everyone, there will be people who won't be happy: it isn't as simple as people think it is to make everyone happy. In fact, even handing out super high rewards won't make everyone happy. Some people will be unhappy with the fact that rewards that were very expensive for them to earn are being given out to others for free.

You can't make everyone happy. You have to decide which people you're willing to make unhappy. And however you decide, a lot of people will be absolutely certain you chose wrong.
    True, however it would probably make more people happy than just placement after half a season. Yes some people would have ended up in a higher tier after the second half of the season, however some would end up lower.

At least this way people would be guaranteed a level of rewards for a full season or improved half season
    That's probably true. In fact, I would bet that would be true. But the point is there isn't an easy obvious solution that makes everyone happy. You can't just hand wave the people that won't be happy. You have to consciously decide to make them unhappy, and be okay with that decision. And that's why these kinds of remediation decisions are never easy and never obvious.
  • We climbed from Gold to P4 in last two wars and that doesn't count?

Sucks to be us...

Unfortunately as Miike just stated, that climb wasn't accurate because a chunk of Alliances didn't get matched due to getting un-enlisted. As it was discussed in the un-enlistment thread (at length) every decision was going to have some type of fallout. Prior to war 7, everything was on the up and up. Starting with the end of war 7, the loop bug occurred. So anything done after 6 was technically compromised. While this blows for those that thought they'd moved, chances are, those moves for many wouldn't have occurred had things not gone sideways. I do empathize with those in that situation. For my crew, we stayed in the same tier all Season. So it is what it is for us.
    We've been in P2 rewards a few seasons ago, then P3 last couple of seasons. A few members retired/left so we started quite low (unable to clear bosses) and then got the full team together so could start doing 100% clearance rather than boss express.

All that said, I agree its the right decision to stop at War 6 anyway to make it the most fair to the biggest group of people, i.e. the most equitable position for all.
    Sorry to hear you had a rough start. Truthfully, many jumped up quite a few slots during wars 8 and 9. Heck, we lost war 8 and moved up, lol. So yeah, all things considered, it was the best maneuver. At the same time, it does kind of sting when your group finally gets in the groove and things are rolling forward. Hopefully, next Season will be without issues and everyone has a legit/fair shot at moving up. Wish you the best, and hope you have a solid start next Season @Psychoakuma
  • Miller1702Miller1702 Posts: 38
    So instead of the first 6 wars...my ally was taking back 6 seasons...we are now in season 7 smh.
  • JulzJulz Posts: 11

BeroMan said:

@Kabam Miike why did not tell us that decision before previous wars? I spent a lot of potions and boosts and apparently for nothing. And how this decision is fair? My alliance will get plat 2 rewards now even though we won last wars and we are currently in plat 1. It is like you really trying to people quite the game.

This announcement was made as soon as the Decision was made. Additionally, if we were not having any issues, there is no guarantee that your Alliance would have made it into Platinum 1. With many Alliances unable to enter Wars, the matchmaking was skewed.
    @Kabam Miike
    How is this even remotely fair to the people that actually did wars the past week? We had to go up against master alliances in Tier 1 the past week! With the insane amount of potions and boosts used - and you disregard all that??

Your point on matchmaking is seriously flawed! We faced similar rates alliances above 3k and in master brackets! I haven’t heard from any other master alliances having missed wars btw. And you are punishing the people like us that climbed up in the past week? That is some bull how the competitive alliances at the top are being shafted like this.

Few of us even used 30% boosts which we have held for over year! Finally a reason to be using them as we are pushing - and actually successfully managed to push to masters in the past week. Facing other master alliances too. It’s not as if matchmaking was broken and we faced easy opponents. All that for nothing.
  • KillaRaKillaRa Posts: 116
    @Kabam Miike
    Please answer what your Plan is for all the Teams that fought Wars 7,8.
    What compensation are we getting for wasting our Resources and Time.

It would have been better if you would have disabled the War enlistments for everybody.

The teams that didn’t get War enlisted are laughing and Loving this. I wish I was one of them.

They saved their resources and Time and are getting rewarded on top of that!!!!
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    Jeez.... they’ve posted on this several times. Another compensation pack will be coming later after all other things have been taken into account. THIS is just the war season ending. It is not our compensation.
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    I think our Alliance is screwed now. We were Gold2 last season. This season we start with tier 6 wars. now we had a bad start cause we recruited many players from global who just joined & did not move at all or koed at 1st section. so we lost first 4 wars & got to silver2. 5 th war is a win that got us in silver1, then 6th is loss - stayed in silver1, 7th is win - gold3, 8th loss - gold3, 9th win - maybe gold 2 or at least gold3. 8th war was with a modder alliance that we made a ticket on support. Now if we get as per first 6 war then we are screwed...

Pls @Kabam Miike do something, dont get us stressed...
    edited November 2019
    Julz said:

BeroMan said:

@Kabam Miike why did not tell us that decision before previous wars? I spent a lot of potions and boosts and apparently for nothing. And how this decision is fair? My alliance will get plat 2 rewards now even though we won last wars and we are currently in plat 1. It is like you really trying to people quite the game.

This announcement was made as soon as the Decision was made. Additionally, if we were not having any issues, there is no guarantee that your Alliance would have made it into Platinum 1. With many Alliances unable to enter Wars, the matchmaking was skewed.
    @Kabam Miike
    How is this even remotely fair to the people that actually did wars the past week? We had to go up against master alliances in Tier 1 the past week! With the insane amount of potions and boosts used - and you disregard all that??

Your point on matchmaking is seriously flawed! We faced similar rates alliances above 3k and in master brackets! I haven’t heard from any other master alliances having missed wars btw. And you are punishing the people like us that climbed up in the past week? That is some bull how the competitive alliances at the top are being shafted like this.

Few of us even used 30% boosts which we have held for over year! Finally a reason to be using them as we are pushing - and actually successfully managed to push to masters in the past week. Facing other master alliances too. It’s not as if matchmaking was broken and we faced easy opponents. All that for nothing.
    My alliance is in Masters. We got delisted and didn’t get a match last war.
  • Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 369
    @Kabam Miike although I applaud the decision made by the Kabam team to abruptly end AW Season 13 today, I am left with a sour taste due to me and several Alliance members in my current Master Alliance using many boosts, Lv.4 potions , revives, etc. during War # 9 of the Season.

All in all, all of the resources used during War 9 were somewhat unneeded and a waste for the player. Please make things right for wasted resources during Wars # 7, 8, and 9.

Thank you for reading.

I think our Alliance is screwed now. We were Gold2 last season. This season we start with tier 6 wars. now we had a bad start cause we recruited many players from global who just joined & did not move at all or koed at 1st section. so we lost first 4 wars & got to silver2. 5 th war is a win that got us in silver1, then 6th is loss - stayed in silver1, 7th is win - gold3, 8th loss - gold3, 9th win - maybe gold 2 or at least gold3. 8th war was with a modder alliance that we made a ticket on support. Now if we get as per first 6 war then we are screwed...

What you’re overlooking about counting your jumps in placement in wars 7,8,9 is many were affected, not able to finish or not even able to have a war from being unenlisted.
    Would you still have jumped up if everyone else was able to compete? Maybe, maybe not. Just saying that’s an example of the complexity of the issue. Hopefully kabam does right by everyone as well as they can.

How do you know you’ll win war 9? Or 10th 11th 12th?

For all you know you might lose the remaining 3-4 wars and drop back to Silver 1 or 2.
    edited November 2019
    Csutton said:

Jeez.... they’ve posted on this several times. Another compensation pack will be coming later after all other things have been taken into account. THIS is just the war season ending. It is not our compensation.

Love how some low life disagrees lol. You can disagree or not like it, but you’re wrong :) Or feel free to maybe discuss what you might disagree with? No? Exactly.
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★

I agree With @Kabam Miike’s Decision That Taken By Kabam Team.
    But i wish you Will give All Alliance To there Past Season rewards,

“Rewards Based on Alliance not based On Members”

So like that no one Will be sad and new players who joined in new ally Can not missed there Rewards too, Like this No one ComPlain and mcoc Community Everyone will be Happy for sure 😉😉😉

•And To The community wanna say something,

Saw lot of messages that they are telling we got master Bracket in War 7th , 8th and 9th in war ,

You guys and girls got that Master Bracket Rank because lot of Alliances were Affected and fall down from master to plat 1 and plat 2 directly and missed like 1.3 - 1.4 million Points just in one war because of unenlisted the war .

I think you you guys and girls got this,
    why leaderboard Changed in 1 day ,

•Someone droped for unenlisted and could not participate war And lost even “war lose points” so they droped
    master to plat 1 , Plat 1 to Plat 2 , Plat 2 to plat 3, plat 3 to Gold 1

•Someone jumped so hight with 1 win war
    Plat 1 to master , Plat 2 to Master.

•Someone Lost War but jumped to gold 2 to gold 1 , Plat 2 to plat 1 , Plat 1 to Master .

Actually Its So Complicated to fix And make Happy Everyone.

Php , Java , Mysql They are not human and thats not easy to fix that we think so easily.

Note :
    If i wrote Anything Wrong
    Sorry In Advance

xNig said:

For all you know you might lose the remaining 3-4 wars and drop back to Silver 1 or 2.
    we were not affected by the bugs & played all nine war & won the 5+7+9th war... maybe we would loose next 3 wars or maybe not. i know our ranking got affected by the bugs also... i feel sorry for the alliances that got the problems. but you know, every ally hope for best & look for a massive win in upcoming wars... we also do that...
    xNig said:

we did win 9th war as we played it & we also hope for we win all 10/11/12 war & go to gold1 or 2. Dont make any negetive comments on others...

Every decision has pros & cons.like many ally who did great on first 6 war will only be benefitted, but others who had a rough start just like us will be ruined...

But i hope for best compensations will be given to all...