**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.3 Completion Offer (spoillers)

2»

Comments

• Havoc614Havoc614 Posts: 17

Thank you for the feedback on this. We're sorry to hear it doesn't live up to the standards one would expect with an offer at that point! We'll pass your thoughts on.

Lmao. It doesnt live up to our standards to pay $500 for 25% of a crystal for a free to play game that we dont even know what class were gonna get. Next time try to be a lil less condescending to your player base.
  • Thank you for the feedback on this. We're sorry to hear it doesn't live up to the standards one would expect with an offer at that point! We'll pass your thoughts on.

Take this for whatever it is worth. By in large I understand how monetization works, and how value gets put into cash offers. There is a tension between how much value you give for cash verses how much value you can earn through gameplay. But this isn't (directly) a cash offer, it is a unit offer, so that concern doesn't really apply here. Just saying to set this aside here.

Personally, while I think there will be a range of reactions to the offer, I think the core problem is illiquidity. Almost no player can really "spend" 25% of a T5CC yet. It is a reward that has no immediate value, only a future downstream value. Asking 15000 units today for something a player might use a year from now or more is psychologically unpalatable.

Now, today, a rank 3 6* is worth a lot (at least potentially), so a fully formed T5CC is worth a lot as well. But 25% of a T5CC is not necessarily worth 25% of the value of a T5CC. It is, if you can earn lots of 25%s constantly. But suppose the next time that opportunity was going to come around was ten years from now. In that case, the 25% you're getting now is worth practically nothing. A full one today is worth a lot, a quarter of one you'll never use is worth nothing.

Reality is in the middle: players are earning T5CC, but slowly if at all. The day when they will be able to spend that 25% of a T5CC is some potentially distant and difficult to predict time off. And the farther away it is, the less valuable those fragments are in the here and now.

Now, if this was some random offer at some random time, then no problem. Players can take it or leave it. But when it is triggered by Act 6.3 completion (or exploration as the case may be), that's different. Now it isn't just some offer you can take or leave. I mean, you can, but if it is linked to accomplishing something in the game, then I think it should actually be an attractive offer, or that will leave the players disappointed. And an attractive offer must both be attractive objectively, and *seem* attractive subjectively. And subjectively, an offer we can put to use today is always going to be more attractive than an offer that might benefit us months or years from now.

The best offer might be something that has some long range benefit, and some immediate benefit. And the potions don't really counterbalance the T5CC well. Something like 5* rank up gems or 6* signature stones would be the kind of thing that would counterbalance T5CC fragments more: a long term roster development reward, and a short term one you could make use of immediately.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    The completion rewards aren't exciting enough for me to even start. And that offer once you do make a run through is a bad joke.