**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If Dr. Xavier will ever enter the Contest, should he be on a wheelchair?

Comments

• FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    The 90's design is awesome. But if they can't do that for some reason. We have the House of X and Powers of X version:

• WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    Probably should, like would you want some special Olympics tard to not show his true colors??
  • NeurogodNeurogod Posts: 22

Probably should, like would you want some special Olympics tard to not show his true colors??

Only trash uses the word and refers to people as 'tard'.
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    No, we should use the current version with cerebro helmet who can walk.
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    Neurogod said:

Only trash uses the word and refers to people as 'tard'.
    2019 people complain about stuff 50 years ago and claim racist. Just grow a pair and call it how it is my dude.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    If Silver Surfer will ever enter the Contest, should he be on a surfboard?
  • Master3418Master3418 Posts: 217
    just a thought... if professor Xavier can make things move with his mind, why can't he move his legs?
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    House of X version is strutting around doing all sorts of halfway lowkey villanish stuff. He’d be awesome in the game
  • FaustVIIFaustVII Posts: 6
    Definitely, but I never saw him as playable character in any Marvel games
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

He'll be the first champion with ZERO physical attacks, every attack is a psychic burst of energy damage.

Umm Dr Strange Magnetoes Dormammu and probably more that I’m forgetting have all energy attacks (minus Mags shrapnel ball/path)
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

Well I mean he is based on game play seen on YouTube
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

Well I mean he is based on game play seen on YouTube
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    maybe put him on roller skates
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I'd absolutely love him in the floating chair, but that would be very difficult for animators.

He'd be like Modok - however the issue is Modok is a big floating head and you're hitting him when you hit anything around him. I think it would be tough to animate someone hitting Charles Xavier because he's got something keeping people from him - the reach to get over the chair to hit him would be difficult and certain champions have moves that go from down to up where they'd just be kicking the chair.

As for offense, I assume his entire moveset would be based on what he can do with his brain. Because he can't reach them either. But I think that'd be easier to work with.

So I honestly don't know how they'd pull that off. Again, he's the true version of Prof X, but I don't know how they'd animate the fight.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Not as a playable character but they could add the physical manifestation of his psionic energy....Onslaught
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBKekc3k4VATcci_AfRAeVLgpTfkSWdlw8b8C4wbWwZnu2AIzK
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★

Zuro said:

He'll be the first champion with ZERO physical attacks, every attack is a psychic burst of energy damage.

*Classic DD enters the chat*
    Blind guy picks fight with disabled person.
    Theres a joke in there somewhere, but its also a one way ticket to hell.
    Nah, even Satan doesn't want your kind
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    No the new comics actually have him able to walk

• Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    As long as they don't add jubilee... :wink:
  • ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    edited November 2019

just a thought... if professor Xavier can make things move with his mind, why can't he move his legs?

professor Xavier is one of the strongest telepaths in the marvel universe, however he is not telekinetic (except via his cerebro like helmet in the newer issues)
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    If we look at the puzzle, we can see 2 big squares
    1 is connected tot he OG X-Men
    1 is connected to the horseman of apocalypse
    So I think its safe to say that we will see Prof X and Apocalypse
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

Prof X should have a mental fight with you.

Totally dig this idea!

As an alternative however, in the battle realm Xavier’s going to be ISO infused, which can explain his ability to walk and melee (and hit hard enough to go toe to toe with anyone - I mean how else does Daredevil get to compete with Hulk?).

I think his telepathic powers should allow him to reverse controls but also to read his opponent’s intentions, so he’ll be able to evade and nullify his opponent’s evade attempts.

Maybe he’d also have a miss mechanism like Ebony Maw.

Would love to have a sp3 where the opponents hallucinate something weird and scary, hurting themselves.

Yes. Scarecrow in Injustice 2 uses hallucinations to make himself appear formidable (but for the whole fight).

I think he should not be in a wheelchair.

The wheelchair in itself isn't even the issue, rather how I'd imagine his animations to look like. I can't see his medium dash being anything else but charging into the opponent in his wheelchair and I think that would nessecarily look a bit too silly.

If they could pull his animations off in a way that wouldn't look silly then I'd be hyped for wheelchair charles. It would be a really cool addition to have such a character in the game. But if they can't do that they'd probably stick to walking charles to not unintentionally make a mockery of people in wheelchairs.

Agreed. He donned a Shi’ar exoskeleton once - not healed and still using an aid - for some outer space action.