**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Mid-Season Map, Rewards, and Glory Store Update - Nov 2019

Comments

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Can you confirm if AQ starts today or not?
    @Kabam Miike
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    edited November 2019
    Hello Kabam,

With these announcement I have 3 questions :
    1) For the honor rewards : will we get all the milestones OR just the highest rank ?
    2) For the bonus points : for a map7, day1, with a master global node, will we get 2,4M for the 3 groups or 2,4M for each group ?
    3) Will these points allow us to reach higher milestones ? For a full map7 alliance, with 5 different global nodes, it is an increase of 24M (or 72M, depending of your answer for the last question)... This is a huge increase, but where are the next milestones ?

In my opinion, this will make alliances to prioritize AQ and to abandon AW because they don't worth the effort anymore if you don't increase the rewards for AW too.

Thx for the answers (and I hope to get my rewards for the last season very soon ;) )

(This is a repost. I posted it in an other thread I think you don't read anymore)
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019

@Kabam Miike

It’s always 72 hours after it ends. So no.
  • The_Jagga81The_Jagga81 Posts: 71
    TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike

This is such a mess right now...

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike

Not according to the timer in game lol
  • Nili1405Nili1405 Posts: 37
    edited November 2019
    does Kabam swop the symbio or sentinel's? Against?
  • SunstruckSunstruck Posts: 80
    Communication is also broken. Lol. What announced and what shows up in game not match. It say AQ start form 15th, in game it shows today which is 14th.
  • RockyB239RockyB239 Posts: 696
    So which day does AQ start? The 14th or the 15th? @Kabam Miike can Kabam get their messages straight pleased. Makes it very difficult to run an Alliance and plan things with so many conflicting messages.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Will we ever see crystal shards in the store? Like 250* shards every 3-4 days?
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    1 T5B a month just from spending 5000 glory?!
    Rasilover said:

I thought you were bugging out when I first read that, but dang you’re right. Unfortunately for me, there aren’t many rank 5 worthy options so I’m gonna have to wait =(
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Stun immune minibosses is a massive jump in difficulty, especially red skull, that’s going to be a massive amount of intercepts per fight without making one mistake, this could see a lot of weaker alliances unable to finish
  • VincentblackVincentblack Posts: 14
    Kabam keeps increasing the difficulty without raising base rewards. Adding hyperion and switch raised the difficulty with no change to rewards and now this with stun immunity it is an obvious increase in difficulty and again no increase in base rewards. The honor points system doesn't count as an increase in base rewards and unfortunately I feel like it's just more nonsense to go wrong at this point.
    Any plans to change that Stun Immune Red Skull? You’re acting as if everybody can Instinctive Touch. Even then, because of the lag and input delay players will still mess up because of something outside of their control.
  • VincentblackVincentblack Posts: 14
    zeezee57 said:

Kabam keeps increasing the difficulty without raising base rewards. Adding hyperion and switch raised the difficulty with no change to rewards and now this with stun immunity it is an obvious increase in difficulty and again no increase in base rewards. The honor points system doesn't count as an increase in base rewards and unfortunately I feel like it's just more nonsense to go wrong at this point.

The glory store change alone is a massive rewards bump, who cares if its through there or "base rewards" when it all goes the same way. Glory is only earned through AQ and can only be used in the glory store. The t5b change they just made is massive.
    Hard to take advantage of that when every change they make is an obvious resource grab either units or glory to buy potions and revives for constantly harder content with the same outdated rewards. So yeah I disagree that they are the same
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    I'd be happy with less sentinals, tired of fighting them over and over. Boring. We have over 100 different heroes. Feel free to mix it up.
  • RobbietheoxRobbietheox Posts: 21
    Will Peak milestones be adjusted with the AQ update or just rank rewards and Glory store?
  • Can you not mess something up for at least a week or so?

Seriously, at least try to understand that this is not just a rant, but actual feedback driven by justified frustration.

Even if that is a visual glitch, without proper communication we can't just assume that. So as far as we know aq will spontaneously start today, which only people checking the forum and people for some reason checking the aq tab will even find out, so there's a good chance that a lot of alliance leaders/officers will need to rush and organize aq possibly after it started.

Next thing is the modifiers. We'll either also get them today, which is another aspect we can't properly organize if we decided to trust your schedule, or we'll simply miss out on the first day of modifier bonus points, which essentially ruins the first round of modified aq.

This is simply ridiculous.

Fortunately the timer was an error and was reset. However, and I'm not one to jump on small things, and I'm not jumping on this small thing, but I have to say I'm not confident that modifiers is going to launch correctly, and this doesn't help at all. I mean, I would bet real money it doesn't launch bug free, but I don't expect software to be completely bug free with every update. I mean I'm actually worried modifiers is going to do something bad. And I should point out there's a competitive element to AQ in the rank rewards, so if modifiers goes south randomly and sporadically, players will be justified in complaining about disrupted rank rewards. If someone can typo the start date for the next cycle, they can typo much more dangerous things.

I'm actually looking forward to using modifiers in general, I'm just a bit apprehensive about the initial launch. With all of the problems recently, I would think everyone would be triple checking everything. So how did the wrong start date get past triple checking everything?
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    B00tblack said:

Rasilover said:

Ya. 5k/week over 4 weeks would get you one.
    20,000k glory.
    Yo!
  • DNA3000 said:

Can you not mess something up for at least a week or so?

Seriously, at least try to understand that this is not just a rant, but actual feedback driven by justified frustration.

Even if that is a visual glitch, without proper communication we can't just assume that. So as far as we know aq will spontaneously start today, which only people checking the forum and people for some reason checking the aq tab will even find out, so there's a good chance that a lot of alliance leaders/officers will need to rush and organize aq possibly after it started.

Next thing is the modifiers. We'll either also get them today, which is another aspect we can't properly organize if we decided to trust your schedule, or we'll simply miss out on the first day of modifier bonus points, which essentially ruins the first round of modified aq.

This is simply ridiculous.

Fortunately the timer was an error and was reset. However, and I'm not one to jump on small things, and I'm not jumping on this small thing, but I have to say I'm not confident that modifiers is going to launch correctly, and this doesn't help at all. I mean, I would bet real money it doesn't launch bug free, but I don't expect software to be completely bug free with every update. I mean I'm actually worried modifiers is going to do something bad. And I should point out there's a competitive element to AQ in the rank rewards, so if modifiers goes south randomly and sporadically, players will be justified in complaining about disrupted rank rewards. If someone can typo the start date for the next cycle, they can typo much more dangerous things.

I'm actually looking forward to using modifiers in general, I'm just a bit apprehensive about the initial launch. With all of the problems recently, I would think everyone would be triple checking everything. So how did the wrong start date get past triple checking everything?
    Exactly. At this point releasing anything new into the game, no matter how long they actually planned implementing it, just seems reckless.
    The problem is that in my experience, halting an update like this comes with its own risks. When you make system changes in an online game like this one, you're coordinating changes in a lot of moving pieces, and not all of them have a perfectly purely isolated "dev environment." You're changing your own servers, but you're also potentially making changes in your cloud providers (the game partially runs on Google game cloud systems). And you're updating the game client in many cases, and that update might have been in Apple's hands already (it can take them anywhere from two hours to two weeks to clear an update, so updates to the game client often get sent to them well in advance). And then you also have to update things like toolchains - the tools the devs are using to work with AQ in this case.

If it was just a question of pushing or not pushing the new system live, you could just choose to not do that. But it is very likely many things have already been updated and would now need to be reverted. Sometimes this is ultimately not a problem, and sometimes it is. The problem is you don't often know which one this is until you try. And a complete analysis of which one is more risky, go live or revert, can often take more time and resources than doing either.

I don't think this is theoretical either. My recollection is that we have, in the past, had instances in the game where an update was temporarily halted, and that itself caused problems. I can't recall the specifics off the top of my head, but I'll try to remember what they were.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

zeezee57 said:

The glory store change alone is a massive rewards bump, who cares if its through there or "base rewards" when it all goes the same way. Glory is only earned through AQ and can only be used in the glory store. The t5b change they just made is massive.
    Hard to take advantage of that when every change they make is an obvious resource grab either units or glory to buy potions and revives for constantly harder content with the same outdated rewards. So yeah I disagree that they are the same
    You’re actually wrong on both accounts. First, the change to the glory store is a very nice change. It reduces the cost of a lot of valuable resources which is by far greater than, say, more glory. Especially considering glory caps at 15,000, I would rather have prices reduced so I can buy more stuff rather than earning more glory and worry about capping out earlier and purchasing stuff I may not want to yet. That already is a nice bonus.

Secondly, you must’ve missed the announcement of increased rank rewards. They bumped up rank rewards for most, if not all, brackets. So Kabam actually did increase base rewards. Unless your definition of base rewards has some other weird definition.