**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IS DOCTOR DOOM GOD TIER OR NOT?

I've Been Watching And Fighting Doctor Doom And Learning His Moves By Now, And I Love His Attacks. He Has So Much Utility And That Makes Me Wanna Own Him So Bad, His Special 1 Has A Small Shock, Special 2 Has A LOT Of Incinerate, Special 3 Has An Awesome Animation I Can't Stop Watching. The Doom Castle. Other Than That (Mystic)

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    More important question: why are you using Title Caps?

Yes Doom is great. I have him at r3 about to go to r4. Power control, shock and incinerate, crit resistance. Also he slaps the bejeezus out of defenders with the back of his hand, which is awesome.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    He is a god of the PRESTIGE!
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    God Tier for sure. Definitely a good mystic champ, especially since the class is lacking
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Based on the videos I've seen Doom is the prestige king for sure but I believe in a skilled players hands he is quite possibly the power drain king and yesss God tier but it will depend on the players skill... good luck if your going for him 1.25 hrs till the arena starts!
  • jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    Aark123 said:

I've Been Watching And Fighting Doctor Doom And Learning His Moves By Now, And I Love His Attacks. He Has So Much Utility And That Makes Me Wanna Own Him So Bad, His Special 1 Has A Small Shock, Special 2 Has A LOT Of Incinerate, Special 3 Has An Awesome Animation I Can't Stop Watching. The Doom Castle. Other Than That (Mystic)

His sp3 reminds me of Galick Gun (Vegeta uses this attack)
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,300 ★★★★
    Is it just me or does anyone notice Doom sp remind me of DBZ.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    AQ tier
  • XJonesXJones Posts: 40
    edited November 2019
    Doom is God-tier flavor of the month.

Like all the Doctors that came before him.

But what about 3 months from now?

Answer: It’ll be another flavor-of-of the-month champ available in another 50 dollar crystal.

If you are “lucky”...

Hopefully, this new champ will also be an actual MCU character we care about.

...and as for Doom?

Hopefully, he won’t have caught the latest bug and will still work “as intended”....

(What’s the RNG for that?!!! Lol...)
  • HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92
    My initial thoughts on doom weren’t great. After using him for a while he his an awesome champ overall. Lots of fun
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    High demi-god at most. On defense, his mechanics are not difficult to play around, on offense he can be very fun to play and can do shock damage consistently as well as chain into heavy
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Does it matter
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    He’s Bug Tier
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    He is pretty decent at shutting down buffs and decent with power controlling the opponent. He might be a good option for unstoppable toggle in war or counter buff heavy champs like Jugg or Hype since it’s pretty easy to land a stagger. Also he is so incredibly tanky adding to his value as an attacker.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I was one of the people who judged Doom a bit to early and didn't think that he did justice to his comic-book counterpart in terms of the abilities.

His animations are amazing, his prestige is through the roof. Moderately annoying on defense, could be nasty with the right node combinations. One of the strongest nullifier and power control champions in the game.

He has a unique playstyle with his shock-heavy mechanic. Damage is also not bad, can reach very high numbers when the whole team is K.O'ed.

Is he as game-breakingly overpowered as hardcore Doctor Doom fans such as myself wanted him to be? Nope, definitely not. Is he god tier? Yes.
  • XJonesXJones Posts: 40
    edited November 2019
    You mean his prestige is “through the roof” as a pun intended right?

Because Doom’s Sp3 is so “through the roof” that the animation lags every time I have to go to Doom castle.

I get it—it’s cool. For like the first ten times. Then it’s just annoying.

It would have made a great Easter egg. But as an Sp3 I have to constantly see: I’m over it.

All this extra animation just slows the game down in more ways than one.

Doom bug indeed.

I have never wanted to be able to skip a champion’s Sp3 animation before Doom.

Now I do.

Bugs the heck out of me all this money wasted on animations that don’t actually improve the game play....

What about a fix to the game mechanics so we can actually play characters whose abilities require being able to make inputs after any special attack....Doom included.

Such needless and bloated “Animation” is ruining the game.... in my opinion .....and making it harder to do basic attacks, which requires real skill....

I’m talking about issues regarding charging heavies and timing parries....

And various other input problems I’ve see reported all over the forums....

...not just getting to a “killer” SP3 before your opponent does.

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    This thread didn’t age particularly well did it. I’m sure most would easily consider him best mystic in the game, or toss him up with Sym Supreme and Claire Voyant
  • He is pain in my rear tier
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    There no such thing as "got tier" they do not exist
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,720 ★★★★★

If you're gonna say that at least spell it right
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    In my opinion, Doom is the best mystic champ in the game. I have a 6 star Sym Supreme that I love, but I think that Doom is an all around better champ, though Sym is better in matchups that are buff heavy whereas Doom is a solid champ all around. My Doom is 5/65 and Sig35, I use him for everything and I love how fluid he is. He has great damage, synergies, and debuffs, plus power control and passive stuns. I have no regrets ranking him. All that said, I do have a Claire Voyant and awakened, but she's only r1 (I pulled her after I ranked Doom) and I don't play her enough outside of arena to comment on her, so maybe she's better than Doom, but until I take her to r5 (which I plan to do) I'm gonna say that Doom is the best.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Im just happy he wasnt in the Sinister Labs quests
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Still waiting on that Joe Fixit labyrinth run
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★

I missed you
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    I have a Sig 200 r5 Doom. Absolutely love him. He’s just an incredibly well rounded champ. Most definitely “God tier”.... not just another prestige champ by any means. Absolutely smashed fights in Act 6.3 for me...
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    Zuro said:

sry I didn't see that so here's the fix
    There no such thing as "god tier" they do not exist
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

sry I didn't see that so here's the fix
    There no such thing as "god tier" they do not exist
    So when you gonna put your Joe Fixit in labyrinth then?